Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:44:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BipCoin - CryptoNote, profitable to mine [same chain, new dev 2017]  (Read 32765 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
KittyCatTech

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 12:12:18 AM

We need people who are willing to spend some BTC(Bitcoin) to buy CryptoNight hashing power on nicehash.com mining BipCoin to keep the BipCoin network stable
What kind of BTC amounts are we talking about? Just a ball park figure?

The minimum order on nicehash.com is 0.005 BTC and if it's mining half the time at 0.01 MH/S it would last about 4 days. The amount of BIP it would mine varies based on the current difficulty.
Tony128

Activity: 326
Merit: 124

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:18:14 PM

We need people who are willing to spend some BTC(Bitcoin) to buy CryptoNight hashing power on nicehash.com mining BipCoin to keep the BipCoin network stable. If you are interested please open up a nicehash.com account and contact me about setting up the API for automatic order updating. It can be automated to add more hashing power when blocks are taking longer to confirm. I think we should try to keep the block times under 60 minutes.

Is anyone even still working on this project? I was quite excited about the potential here about half a year ago when I discovered BipCoin, and I would consider supporting it via buying some hashing power if necessary, but only if I see that people still care about the project and are working on it, and to be honest I haven't seen sings of that in a long time.
A month ago you mentioned some updates that are in the pipeline. Anything new there?
KittyCatTech

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 05:49:26 AM

We need people who are willing to spend some BTC(Bitcoin) to buy CryptoNight hashing power on nicehash.com mining BipCoin to keep the BipCoin network stable. If you are interested please open up a nicehash.com account and contact me about setting up the API for automatic order updating. It can be automated to add more hashing power when blocks are taking longer to confirm. I think we should try to keep the block times under 60 minutes.

Is anyone even still working on this project? I was quite excited about the potential here about half a year ago when I discovered BipCoin, and I would consider supporting it via buying some hashing power if necessary, but only if I see that people still care about the project and are working on it, and to be honest I haven't seen sings of that in a long time.
A month ago you mentioned some updates that are in the pipeline. Anything new there?

I did release some new code (3,265 lines) last month (https://github.com/KittyCatTech) that I had been working on for a long time.

However BipCoin needs to have more stable block times before the coin will be usable for commerce.  In the last couple weeks I have rewritten my hicehash bot (https://github.com/KittyCatTech/bipcoin-nicehash-bot) to solve this problem and I am now testing and debugging the new changes. I'll publish the updated bot on github once I'm satisfied with the way it's working. But you should be noticing shorter average block times already as I test it.

So I'm looking forward to people (possibly you) opening nice hash accounts and running the bot to keep the block times short. I think this is a much better (market based) solution than adjusting the difficulty algorithm.

There are a few other projects that I'm going to suggest that the community join me in donating to the development of such as: a paper wallet generator, merchant gateway, and online wallet. Join us as we continue our mission to make dark coins fun again.
gtzanap

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:19:17 AM

I did release some new code (3,265 lines) last month (https://github.com/KittyCatTech) that I had been working on for a long time.

However BipCoin needs to have more stable block times before the coin will be usable for commerce.  In the last couple weeks I have rewritten my hicehash bot (https://github.com/KittyCatTech/bipcoin-nicehash-bot) to solve this problem and I am now testing and debugging the new changes. I'll publish the updated bot on github once I'm satisfied with the way it's working. But you should be noticing shorter average block times already as I test it.

So I'm looking forward to people (possibly you) opening nice hash accounts and running the bot to keep the block times short. I think this is a much better (market based) solution than adjusting the difficulty algorithm.

There are a few other projects that I'm going to suggest that the community join me in donating to the development of such as: a paper wallet generator, merchant gateway, and online wallet. Join us as we continue our mission to make dark coins fun again.

While it is commendable that you still work on the project instead of just giving up, it is not realistic to expect people to rent hashpower for what looks to be almost 100% loss right now.
I still have not seen a clear explanation why difficulty has failed to adjust properly for months now. I've seen other cryptonight coins with such issues but nowhere near so severe.

Are you sure modifying the difficulty adjustment is not the better approach?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Cl1ddy

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:21:36 PM

Hi Dev

i cant transact any coins from my wallet, not sure if its the network issue or my wallet ?
Cl1ddy

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:12:55 AM

Hi Dev

i cant transact any coins from my wallet, not sure if its the network issue or my wallet ?

all good, sorted it out !
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:46:01 AM

And suddenly, difficulty dropped to like 13k. Blocks are coming very very fast, over 1 block per minute, but the pool I tried to mine in with 1.3k gets nothing for over an hour.

Obviously the real hash power is much higher than difficulty because a super miner is getting all the blocks. Soon, difficulty will be 200k again and he will stop, leaving the suckers for weeks to work for nothing.

Really, difficulty algorithm needs to be fixed ASAP, otherwise the coin is as good as dead.

nizzuu

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Cryptocurrency enthusiast

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:04:41 AM

Really, difficulty algorithm needs to be fixed ASAP, otherwise the coin is as good as dead.

There's nothing to actually fix. All the settings are set in header file:

https://github.com/BEASTLICK-INTERNET-POLICY-COMMISSION/bipcoin/blob/master/src/CryptoNoteConfig.h
onst uint64_t DIFFICULTY_TARGET                             = 120; // seconds
const uint64_t EXPECTED_NUMBER_OF_BLOCKS_PER_DAY             = 720;
const size_t   DIFFICULTY_WINDOW                                = 720;
const size_t   DIFFICULTY_CUT                                = 60;  // timestamps to cut after sorting
const size_t   DIFFICULTY_LAG                                = 15;  // !!!

These are default ones, and nobody is interested in reading cryptonote daemon documentation or changin somethin. Famous coins such as Monero have a good decentralization, you're just not able to take 500 Mh/s somewhere from your pocket to shake network diff. Good decision is to associate these settings with current block number to put off nicehash users while network speed is too low at the beginning of the coin's life. As the network hashrate is evaluated, it's a bad way to bind to it.
bspus
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:25:16 AM

It seems to have stabilized somewhat at a sensible level. Let's hope it behaves from now on.

I put a small miner on it.

KittyCatTech

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 06:14:28 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2017, 03:06:46 AM by KittyCatTech

It seems to have stabilized somewhat at a sensible level. Let's hope it behaves from now on.

I put a small miner on it.

I fixed some bugs and I'm about finished updating my nicehash bot.  It should keep the average blocktime between 1 min and 60 mins.  It will keep the difficulty from dipping so much like you mentioned one day ago and also during longer blocktimes keep the network hashrate from going too low. I think this solution is going to work really well (even better than changing the difficulty algorithm) but I'll keep an eye on it for a while longer before I release the code on github.

Thanks for mining BipCoin!

Edward_Distance

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:54:16 PM

I want to buy 100k BIP at a price of 0.00001000. Offer not negotiable. DM.
bspus
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:35:50 PM

I want to buy 100k BIP at a price of 0.00001000. Offer not negotiable. DM.

And why on earth would you pay 3x the current market price? Makes no sense. Just buy on cryptopia until price reaches 1000sat

motionszabra

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:23:53 PM

Hi, guys! Nice project. I have some questions about bounty program, it is clear to me, but when we get the coins for the bounty? Immediately or need to wait for long?
RafaNadalTheBest

Activity: 131

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:50:16 PM

Where can I find ur WP??
bspus
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:57:00 AM

Well, whatever you did for the difficulty seems to have worked. It's been sensible for a few days now.

If only the price could be fixed too. Hopefully after the bitcoin fork and once some visible progress is made faith can be restored.

KittyCatTech

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 06:46:36 AM

The BipCoin block times are now being kept stable.  If you are interested in mining BIP and would like to provide some redundancy for the blocktime/difficulty stabilization bot I created that is now working please DM me.

This is very exciting for the usability and reliability of fast transactions on the BipCoin blockchain.
bspus
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:53:07 AM

I have a 300h/s miner on it almost always on.
Occasionally and for limited time, I may also put a 450h/s miner in addition to it.

I won't pay for cloudmining though.

KittyCatTech

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 10:04:16 PM

Well, whatever you did for the difficulty seems to have worked. It's been sensible for a few days now.

If only the price could be fixed too. Hopefully after the bitcoin fork and once some visible progress is made faith can be restored.

Great! Thanks for the encouragement, I'm glad you are happy with the difficulty finally being stable again.

The price in USD has been staying between $0.02 and $0.06 for a while now. As the price increases I am going to try to stabilize that also so that there are not so many spikes and drops and we can keep it at a steady increase.

This is a good time to start buying a little bit of BIP each month.
cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 06:44:49 AM

Add to the new  exchange will be?
Is there a roadmap?

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
Luci0gabsan

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:48:35 AM

On cryptopia the wallet is closed!

The BipCoin wallet on Cryptopia is fine; this coin and BitCoal had a "no connection" status, but this has been resolved at Cryptopia.

Hello, Ciao SamuelPickwick
Something goes wrong with the Bipcoin Cryptopia Wallet ! I sent a ticket they close but it but still not working!

This the ticket!

----------------------------------------
Code:
Good morning from Italy! 
I'm mininig some CryptoNight coins and BIP Coin! I've sent some coins to my address but none credited.
From coininfo I see that the node is not running.
My node starts and run properly and the network seens running fine!
Best Regards

The reply
Code:
 Hi Luci0, Thank you for taking the time to send us this information. It looks like the BIP wallet needs a restart.
The Admin have been informed and this will be done as soon as possible.
When the BIP wallet is back online your deposits will process.
You can keep an eye on the wallet here : https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=BIP Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
 Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. I will close this ticket. Thanks
---------------------------------------

I think they have a no good seed node list!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: