Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:55:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and the power of media  (Read 1198 times)
jona

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:43:35 PM

if the media are been so restrictive then workshops and seminars will come into play for an effective campaign of cryptocurrency,bill boards and hand bills can also go a long way   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pandu Gleen

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:58:00 PM

much of Bitcoin's interrelationship with the media, from a wide variety of media matters has greatly influenced the development of Bitcoin as an example of any media that Bitcoin is increasingly becoming known to the general public, just as marketing has an impact on users or new members who are already participating.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:49:40 PM

I think all media have a big influence on bitcoin growth, especially for modern media today. like TV, youtube, google which stores a lot of information.

because bitcoin can survive until today not just because of 1 media example coindesk, but all media participate to develop bitcoin.
AllOfArt

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:45:02 PM

Bitcoin might be not legal in some countries, but getting banned worldwide could be a possibility if all governments from all over the world would ban them, but that wouldn't stop cryptocurrencies to keep on growing and gaining more impact and popularity
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:02:58 PM

Media has a big role to form trust and the media is also capable of excessive panic effects. The media can be used to spread fud to suppress the price of Bitcoin.
so far media have done everything they want.

Media is the one to blame or to thank for so big base of the investors in the crypto market. Media is in 80 percent spreading bad news for the common people which even haven't heard about the cryptocurrencies. Till now the 70 percent of the people are aware of the cryptomarket and we can thank the media for that. 30 percent are investors and the number is rising because of the media.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No matter if the news is bad the influence on the common people is drastically high and sooner or later the bad news is analyzed by the ordinary man which can soon seize the opportunity and gain the profit with the smart investment.
I do not deny that, and I recognize the media has an important role in the development of blockchain technology. but the media should also have controls to filter out false and political news such as fud to drop and attack the crypto.
I'm afraid the media is being used by people to make panic.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:18:39 PM

it's all about money. we can not blame the media because of the many oblique issues circulating about cryptocurrency, and we can not appreciate the media because it has spread the phenomenal news about this technology. That's how the media live, create or search trending topics and processed into a discourse, news, or certain articles from which they can take advantage of it.
BinManR

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:53:10 PM

I acknowledge and appreciate the media in spreading the speed of spreading rapidly in today's world. However, the value of bitcoin affected by the media is not small. Any bitcoin related news is sensitive and influences user and investment psychology. Many people have profited from this issue to increase the benefits.
pimkobai

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:08:13 PM

The power of media has a very big effect either it will be negative or positive effect. If media will come out with a negative news this will result to FUD then in effect prices of bitcoin tends to dip and if media has a positive and good news being release in relation to bitcoin, this will also result to increase in the price value. Therefore, media has an effect on it's price fluctuation depending on the status of the news it will broadcast.
wireless1889

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:13:23 PM

As we heard that google and any other networking sites, even the media has removed ads coming from Bitcoin. With this, I think Bitcoin is starting to fade and cryptocurrency will just fade. Bitcoin has started to downtrend this year because of these news and all other things happening to Bitcoin even the price drop is becoming a deal because the price really went down and still staying at the deep end. Well, Let's just hope that Bitcoin will rise up after all of these negatives.
Procopiogamscrypto

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:39:43 PM

The media as the fourth estate of realm, play a very critical role in creating awareness on issues surounding crypto currency and the need to popularize it beyond its current status. In most part of the world individuals and institutions are skeptical about bitcoin and it's acceptance as a legal tender. Hence the need to explore and leverage on the enormous power of media on propagating and putting crypto currency issues on the front Bonner. However, considering the fact that the media exist to inform, educate, mobilize and enlighten societies, which other vehicles or means could best serve the purpose of setting agender on a phenomenon as important as the rising prominence of crypto currency?
media is an effective tool in promoting crypto currency but in the same way it has been used also of some FUD to create some information that has a negative approach in bitcoin but its undeniable that all of those media hype who's objectives is to break the legacy of bitcoin is not successful because crypto holders had a positive outlook regarding bitcoin and it helps a lot to keep in composure to hold their BTC.

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:49:39 PM

considering the fact that the media exist to inform, educate, mobilize and enlighten societies
or combined, to be exact manipulate people.

which other vehicles or means could best serve the purpose of setting agender on a phenomenon as important as the rising prominence of crypto currency?
I don't think cryptocurrencies needs a help from any media instances, remember, Bitcoin popular without any branding and marketing. Cryptocurrencies will survive on its own without any media intervene.
Media intervene is occur in many times in crypto platform. Because most of the news channels are supporting and againsting the Cryptocurrency it is one kind of marketing but media is expecting TRP rating so both are benefit in same time. All the cryptocurrencies are survive in some support in back side.
Well, I'd agree media is indirectly helping to spread and acknowledge people about cryptocurrency, as we can see the recent Bitcoin peak is because I believe there are a lot of media intervene but we must respect that Bitcoin has been completely running since 2009 without any marketing and branding.
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:21:40 PM

it's all about money. we can not blame the media because of the many oblique issues circulating about cryptocurrency, and we can not appreciate the media because it has spread the phenomenal news about this technology. That's how the media live, create or search trending topics and processed into a discourse, news, or certain articles from which they can take advantage of it.
No media play important role therefore they are responsible for every kind of situation. There influence on the society is too much, they are free and have more right in society than anything else. Therefore they can be consider as responsible if they will do anything wrong. I think that media should play a nutral role in any kind of situation, I think they should play their role to make bitcoin more popular and should also  advertise it in such places where people do not have any knowledge about bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:54:58 PM

Media has a big role to form trust and the media is also capable of excessive panic effects. The media can be used to spread fud to suppress the price of Bitcoin.
so far media have done everything they want.

Media is the one to blame or to thank for so big base of the investors in the crypto market. Media is in 80 percent spreading bad news for the common people which even haven't heard about the cryptocurrencies. Till now the 70 percent of the people are aware of the cryptomarket and we can thank the media for that. 30 percent are investors and the number is rising because of the media.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No matter if the news is bad the influence on the common people is drastically high and sooner or later the bad news is analyzed by the ordinary man which can soon seize the opportunity and gain the profit with the smart investment.
I do not deny that, and I recognize the media has an important role in the development of blockchain technology. but the media should also have controls to filter out false and political news such as fud to drop and attack the crypto.
I'm afraid the media is being used by people to make panic.
For sure media is the only source to promote and advertise something at very high level, media is helping every kind of product to be famous worldwide and to be able to get high acceptance, I think in few months with help of social media and TV media blockchain technology very famous and worldwide us, I think nothing can grow well without media help, so according to me as well media is playing vital role in the development of bitcoin and blockchain technology in my country.
zaytsevsasha654

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:10:45 PM

The denouement occurred in November, when suddenly Sberbank announced that it was he who was to blame for the shortage of video cards in the country.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:19:45 PM

If we are speaking about "tools" then what is more greater than media itself? Of course the first thing will come to mind is the internet, without it the growth of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency would be impossible. And in my opinion I think the internet as a whole contributed more to the growth of Bitcoin as everybody is getting their information as well as their buying and selling decisions based on what they see in the internet.
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:21:39 PM

The internet is a medium, so it includes almost every possible way the cryptos are promoted. It happens mainly because this is the money of the INternet, so both transactions and promotion is being done online. If you're asking about other ways of spreading the word, probably spoken word would be the second greatest. Gossip travels fast and a word from a friend, or even better a mentor, sinks deep.

Very well said. Because nowadays people are very much into technology, dependent on internet. So media plays a very important role in spreading the bitcoin or crypto world. social media like twitter and facebook are powerful tool as well. Conversation with other people and telling about cryptocurrency is also effective. Either way for as long as it is being explained well to people, no one will ignore this once in a lifetime opportunity .
xiaohao111

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:23:55 PM

The media as the fourth estate of realm, play a very critical role in creating awareness on issues surounding crypto currency and the need to popularize it beyond its current status. In most part of the world individuals and institutions are skeptical about bitcoin and it's acceptance as a legal tender. Hence the need to explore and leverage on the enormous power of media on propagating and putting crypto currency issues on the front Bonner. However, considering the fact that the media exist to inform, educate, mobilize and enlighten societies, which other vehicles or means could best serve the purpose of setting agender on a phenomenon as important as the rising prominence of crypto currency?
If the media is willing to promote bitcoin, it can be a big help for bitcoin. It can increase the popularity of bitcoin and let more people know about it, so there will be more people involved in bitcoin, which will be conducive to the development of bitcoin.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 06:09:56 PM

Its not all about money . People will look back on the news from bitcoin as their investment choice and how the market is going now. the media provides a container investor as a source of input analysis what will happen. and from the first also information from the valid media always give positive or negative effects. it clearly makes the media as one of the basic analyzes of crypto prices.
CanErik

Activity: 756
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:30:19 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 07:39:04 PM by CanErik

Hi;

The impact of media tools on this market is too much especially television because television is a tool everyone can reach

Kind regards
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:20:41 PM

If I'm going to be honest, I think that the newfound cryptocurrency legalization in Asian countries like Japan and South Korea will lead to a lot more "user-friendly" websites, guides, ebooks, and apps that will help the average person get more familiarized with how to use Bitcoin, not how it works. HUGE difference.

I'm fairly tech-savvy, as I've been around technology since the late 90's, and Bitcoin took a while for me to understand. The media has thus far focused on news related to the effects of Bitcoin, and not really about the technology or security advantages of it. I believe that's simply because they don't understand how Bitcoin works.

If we're going to have any long-term staying power, the community is going to need to learn how to use Bitcoin, not how it works. Let's take banks, for example. Not many people know about how banks operate, what their internal procedures are, what happens to your money once it hits their vaults and private ledgers, etc. All we know is that we deposit $100 into our accounts, and we could use that $100 at a later time as we see fit. Do we understand how banks work? Nope. Don't need to. We just know that we can use our money (for the most part) when and where we want.

Electricity is the same way. Do we understand the circuitry and engineering behind how our light switch is connected via wires to a voltage regulator that has a light bulb attached to that? Nope, because we don't need to. All we know is that when we flip the light switch, the bulb turns on.

Bitcoin should be the same way, and until the media power houses start focusing on the uses of Bitcoin and what it can be used for, rather than trying to teach us about the technology behind it, Bitcoin won't become a commodity like we want it to become. From most of my experiences with Bitcoin in the media, there has always been a negative connotation to the stories they produce.

Simplify Bitcoin. More websites need to publish how to use Bitcoin, rather than how it works. My thoughts.

You’re absolutely right especially in this statement “The community is going to need to learn how to use Bitcoin, not how it works”. Users should learn how to use it and what are the benefits of doing so.

Power of media has a vital role in promoting awareness to everyone. Bitcoin is not a simple thing to understand but with the power of media and digital marketing, everything can be illustrated in a very simple manner.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: