Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:52:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-06-14]4 Reasons Why I'll Never Invest in Bitcoin (and You Shouldn't Either  (Read 7389 times)
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:40:58 AM

They're so dumb.

-Cash is far more anonymous than Bitcoin is.
-Miners don't just "stop profiting" when there's no longer a block reward.  Transaction fees rising as high as they are now is nothing to do with the block reward.
-People not understanding Bitcoin for now is a good thing.  It doesn't mean that Bitcoin is particularly hard to understand.
-Buying on Bitstamp is safe enough.  You don't have to keep it there forever.

Yes, I agree with you in general. But on the other hand I agree with them on that WannaCry
WannaCry only received about $100,000 in their three public addresses, and Bitcoin's 24 hour volume is about 1.6 billion.  There couldn't be any less relevant thing for Bitcoin's growth, and even the publicity was completely minimal considering that the media, surprisingly, didn't make a big deal out of its relation to Bitcoin.

But they were mentioning bitcoin in almost every news about WannaCry and thus a lot of people around the world first heard about it. I know that money paid as ransome couldn't affect the bitcoin price, but millions of new adopters, who just want to have $50-$100 in BTC just in case, could.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:35:02 PM

The thing that makes this disingenuous is why the author cares what I do. I get the first part and I am interested to hear about "Reasons Why I'll Never Invest in Bitcoin". But why say I "shouldn't Either"?
Me, I'm doing fine.  Huh

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:34:14 PM

Damn right, amen brother amen, just head onto yobit and get some STD which currently I have no idea whether it's a coin of a shitty type or a disease, lol you'll then appreciate Bitcoin. if not investing on Bitcoin then no other crypto currency should be considered for investing, without it none of them survive a day.

🖤😏
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:29:42 PM

Oh well good for him that he do not invest in bitcoin and please stay away from it and its community too Cheesy. Let this Bitcoin people do what they wanted to do and actually they do not need your advise Smiley nor your position with regards to Bitcoin.  They knew Bitcoin, they got interested and they want to have the piece of it just like how the author plug all the investment he think is the best one Smiley Invest on them and good luck.
He doesn't invest only cause of the high rice of bitcoin. I am sure if any of us would know bitcoin reach such great results, like a year-two ago, we all would hurry to buy bitcoins. It's clear to me that with today's prices not everyone can allow it to themselves, but it stays many other alts which give all reasons and perspectives to repeat the bitcoin's story. I think ETH is going to become something like Bitcoin 2.0, I chose this coin for investment and till now I haven't regrets, only increasing profit.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: