Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:45:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My theory on why BTC's value is only going to rise and become more consistent  (Read 977 times)
mzforfree (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:55:10 PM

Op, while you have awesome job of analyzing concept of bitcoin price, and its growth, you have forget about one major factor.
Random worlds events and internal bitcoin problems - these two seem to be key force influences bitcoin price.
Like that dip/correctlion/crash from 3 days ago, when investors panicked at the very first sign of internal scaling dispute among mining pools.

but effects of these "random events" have always been short. for example the latest panic sell ended as fast as it started. or as an older example i remember all the halvening hype and the big rise of that time followed by a very similar drop like this recent one. and again that lasted very short.

so it must be something else that is driving bitcoin price. like the growing demand. and as Torque said it is getting easier to buy bitcoin these days with all these services such as Coinbase which only need one click!

their not random btw, and while I'd love to share more I'm currently using this as a sample of a service I can provide (systems analysist/multi-disciplinary approach)

There is strong evidence of the sharp rise of btc price and current ongoing US legislation (federal appeals on plaintiff vs state, overreach of executive state power) as well one other variable that is strong in it's correlation as far as the dating goes and would love to give more of my thoughts but that takes real work and honestly not worth my time atm.

Thanks for the advice/criticms/support though everyone.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6171

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:52:48 AM

It's still a niche market I'm interested in and think people turn to more and more as faith in government and big banks decline. hell if anything this can serve as a kind of checks and balances system VS market rigging as consumers now have more options in putting their investments in.

Here I fully agree and that's also one of the hopes I have respect to cryptocurrency adoption. But I see it as a hope or possibility, not as a consistent theory ...

So I take it you then agree with Ray Kurzweil's view that "while futures trading is only bound to increase I just don't think we've found the right algorithm".

In some way, yes. Although I don't know it - it may be the right one. A way to hedge against a "better algorithm" is to observe the altcoin market and invest in all those that do something really different or solve a problem in a different way. It's however almost a full time job as you must be wary of scammers, liers, vaporware and other dangers (above all if you decide to invest in ICOs and cryptocurrencies in a very early stage) .

But as I wrote in the last paragraph, it is even possible that we don't need cryptocurrencies/blockchains anymore in the mid-term future because something better has arrived. Then all hedging was in vain.

TLDR: Don't invest more in cryptos than you can afford to lose (how many times have you heard that sentence? Wink ).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mzforfree (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:49:28 AM

This LBC thingis ridiculous and through just benefitof the doubt any donation of $1/btc or more will be posted to form. Any donation of $20 or more and i'll have PP of variables you want analyzed, options, presentation, whole 9 yards. My legal and political acumen are also fairly high (self-taught) only with working with M.D's all day (neurosurgeon, endo, ID)
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:58:41 AM

The maximum bitcoin that can be created are 21 million, eventually a lot of them will be lost or inaccessible. It may even get broken by something like quantum computing, which could crack wallets or slurp up all the remaining bitcoin to be mined. Bitcoin has made a great foundation for cryptocurrency, but it is almost inevitable it will be surpassed by a future digital currency.

A conservative estimate right now is that around 1 million coins are lost for ever (i.e no one possesses the private keys to spend them). These coins are lost for ever and they can't be "recycled" in any way. I don't think that quantum computing can make it possible to spend these coins. If that is the case, then the other coins also may be at the risk of hacking.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: