Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:47:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO ? Is it worth it ?  (Read 1980 times)
AlexSimion (OP)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:19:11 AM

Can anyone inform me a little on the ICO market ? Basically it's an investment that can bring profit or not bring anything, this part is clear.
I would like to know if there are any trusted ICO's out there and not just the regular runners with the investments.
Has anyone here had any substantial succes with any ICO ? Like you invested in some ICO when the shares were costing close to nothing and now to be worth a lot ?

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yusuf98

Activity: 307
Merit: 119

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:54:33 AM

Can anyone inform me a little on the ICO market ? Basically it's an investment that can bring profit or not bring anything, this part is clear.
I would like to know if there are any trusted ICO's out there and not just the regular runners with the investments.
Has anyone here had any substantial succes with any ICO ? Like you invested in some ICO when the shares were costing close to nothing and now to be worth a lot ?

Yes indeed many investors who change their mind to exchange btc with other coin, I asked why? In my opinion btc is good for the next few years
anryze

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

ANRYZE TOKENSALE

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 10:01:02 AM

BTC is a great investment, but every investor needs to diversify his risks - so you need to invest in different assets.
For example, your portfolio looks like this:
 - 50% BTC, Etherium
 - 30% Crypto funds (Satoshi fund, TaaS fund, Token fund etc)
 - 20% ICO and any other alternatives

On alternatives you can make 5000% per month, but it is too risky.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:31:56 AM

No matter worth it or not, icos are too risky you shoul be very careful nowadays
pangerankecil

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:42:39 AM

No matter worth it or not, icos are too risky you shoul be very careful nowadays

I think all ICOs are not like that, but keep in mind if you want to invest in ICO, you should check it first to prove all the projects are really clear and the exact details of what they have done.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:42:56 AM

It is better to buy some decentralized altcoin with working devs on it rather than ANY ICO!

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 11:17:18 AM

I just hold ETH, 20x gains come on, what is wrong with people. You want dumb tokens that will take 24 months to see a return on it, and that's if the founders haven't run off with the money again. ICO = Imaginary Company Offering
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 11:31:13 AM

the bold part is your answer! what more do you need?
you can't really predict what will happen to an ICO, because for the most part they are created to take your money and nothing else.
and for the rest even if it is not a scam ICO, you will never have any way of telling if it can succeed when it hits the market and keep the price up and compete with others.
and it has already happened multiple times. you think they are legit, they even look good, and they even have no intention of scamming but they fail miserably.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 12:54:30 PM

Yes. You should check out the thread of the ICO, if it looks good (good replys, lots of pages), there is a high potential that the project will be good aswell. I invested in Iconomi ICO, and it has proven itself to be great! So i would advise you to check the ICOs, read some replys, analyse how it looks and what it is promising, and then invest in it! Usually if you invested in a good ICO, you get x2 almost straight when it hits an exchange.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:00:35 PM

For me, which I think quite a number of people will agree with me is that, it does actually worth it but dont do it blindly because as much as there are reputable ones out there, there are quite enough of scammers out there too who dont care whether to hurt or maim in other to get money as that is their motive and objective. Just do your due diligence and be ready to believe in it.
nonlinearboy

Activity: 703
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:55:40 PM

For me, which I think quite a number of people will agree with me is that, it does actually worth it but dont do it blindly because as much as there are reputable ones out there, there are quite enough of scammers out there too who dont care whether to hurt or maim in other to get money as that is their motive and objective. Just do your due diligence and be ready to believe in it.

I agree with you. Some of the recent ICO projects are not actually worth it. Many people are not aware of the risks of an scam.
maritimo123

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:10:21 PM

It depends on the company and team. But if you choose right it can be very profitable.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:21:49 PM

How about status,tezos and omisego ico? it looks good IMO. but you must remember before try to joining in the flip group. There is a lot of percentage if the investors are just using the ico as his way to flip his monet to get the more profit from the weak hand after the coin get listed on the exchange site.
douglock

Activity: 300

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:04:17 PM

it is worth to invest in ICO and I do believe that you always earn a good amount of money from ICO. If you have money, spend some of yours in ICO and you will gain a good profit. However, you need to learn how to analyze ICO to avoid scamming ICO
inimitable777

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:14:12 PM

It depends on the company and team. But if you choose right it can be very profitable.

you never know which one is right, so buy everything and something will hit the sky
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:55:55 PM

In some cases youwin and in some you lose. Sometimes there is a listing dump on the exchange
AlexSimion (OP)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:30:44 PM

So can anyone inform me on some Ico they've invested in and if succesful what ROI they had ?
I'm currently invested in one ICO with a very small stake , around 20 $ worth of bitcoin just to see how it goes.

iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 07:05:33 PM

I bought an ICO on ICONOMI last November for only $30 and I think the value right now in terms of percentage is already 600% or my share of token is now 6 times in value. I am not saying the same thing can happen with all the ICOs around but is it safe to say that many of them can be very profitable.

Buying coins/token at the ICO stage means you are buying them at their lowest rate plus you can also receive some bonuses and if you are also hardworking you can likewise participate in their bounty program giving you more coins.

However, you have to do your own research because not all ICOs can succeed and there are some who abandoned their project leaving "investors' holding empty bags. I am not expert on this but there are already many sites who can recommend good ICO projects.
suddenblow

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 07:49:01 PM

ETH was basically an ICO, well not exactly but a crowdsale at first. Look at where it is now.
CrowdFunder

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:14:17 PM

Absolutely not. It's just a gamble. None have no utility value whatsoever.

Thats a ridiculous statement, there are so many different types of ICOs you can't just put them all in the same basket. Some ICOs are even based on real world investments rather than crypto based ones.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: