Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:01:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymous Biometrics for Crypto users..  (Read 362 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:41:45 PM

Do you think it is possible to create some sort of Anonymous identity card for serious Cryptocurrency user on the Blockchain.

Here is how i think it should be done:
 You create a Blockchain Application/program that can verify any valuable asset on the Blockchain and link it to owner's Virtual ID Card WITHOUT THE SLIGHTEST POSSIBILITY of knowing who the owner is . The asset can be anything from Anonymous Websites,  Cryptocurrencies(ones with good anonymity), softwares, Virtual gold etc assets without great anonymity will not be accepted. It should be completely anonymous, transparent & legal assets(Guess illegal assets would be ones that violate or could violate people's fundamental rights) .
The asset will be linked to the owners Virtual identify CARD which can be used as trust, collateral or verification purposes anywhere on the Blockchain. The I'd card will be 100% hack proof, very anonymous with great privacy. The ID card would be great on Ethereum network.

Let say I employ an Artist on BitcoinTalk to create some drawings for me with the promise that he gets paid after the job is done . He checks and verifies my identity card..we quickly enter into a Smart Contract agreement to pay him on a specific date or once the job is done and failing to do so will automatically lead to the transfer of some of my assets to him — the assets would be worth the price of the artist's service.

The Anonymous ID Card idea could help pretect people from the hugh number of scammers on cryptocurrency. Could also help compliment Escrow service.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:39:15 PM

Do you think it is possible to create some sort of Anonymous identity card for serious Cryptocurrency user on the Blockchain.
Anonymous and Identity == Opposite to Each Other.

You create a Blockchain Application/program that can verify any valuable asset on the Blockchain and link it to owner's Virtual ID Card WITHOUT THE SLIGHTEST POSSIBILITY of knowing who the owner is . The asset can be anything from Anonymous Websites,  Cryptocurrencies(ones with good anonymity), softwares, Virtual gold etc assets without great anonymity will not be accepted.
Websites cannot be anonymous.You can hide your information from whoIs but if the FBI wants,they can easily trace the domain and hosting account.The more substances you try to add to the anonymity,increases the chances of you losing the privacy.

The Anonymous ID Card idea could help pretect people from the hugh number of scammers on cryptocurrency. Could also help compliment Escrow service.
No,that's irrelevant.
bc-eman

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:21:23 PM

Here is how i think it should be done:
 You create a Blockchain Application/program that can verify any valuable asset on the Blockchain and link it to owner's Virtual ID Card WITHOUT THE SLIGHTEST POSSIBILITY of knowing who the owner is . The asset can be anything from Anonymous Websites,  Cryptocurrencies(ones with good anonymity), softwares, Virtual gold etc assets without great anonymity will not be accepted. It should be completely anonymous, transparent & legal assets(Guess illegal assets would be ones that violate or could violate people's fundamental rights) .
The asset will be linked to the owners Virtual identify CARD which can be used as trust, collateral or verification purposes anywhere on the Blockchain. The I'd card will be 100% hack proof, very anonymous with great privacy. The ID card would be great on Ethereum network.

There are requirements here that would entail some measure of trade-off. For example, you would need some form of identity although you could get by with a pseudonymous identifier for most tasks.

Let say I employ an Artist on BitcoinTalk to create some drawings for me with the promise that he gets paid after the job is done . He checks and verifies my identity card..we quickly enter into a Smart Contract agreement to pay him on a specific date or once the job is done and failing to do so will automatically lead to the transfer of some of my assets to him — the assets would be worth the price of the artist's service.

The example you gave with an artist commissioned to do design work is difficult more so because either party's definition of "done" could be in disagreement. So you would have to consider what courses of action are reasonable in case either party is unsatisfied with a completed service (which would depend very much on the use case.) However, there should be no problem enforcing the prior agreements defined in a Smart Contract. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: