Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:15:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do I really need to know as a stater to bitcoins?  (Read 1003 times)
turbotim95 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:05:59 PM

Hey everyone,

In the past month have I been looking into bitcoins and algorithms.
I've created a bitcoin adress and I've started GPU and CPU mining a bit with NiceHash Miner. Making around 4 dollars a day with doing nothing.
Recently have I been looking into this forums and gattered a couple of questions.

In a previous forum post somewhere on this forum I found that from the first of august BIP 148 is coming. I've watched several video's of what is exactly is, but couldnt make anything out of it because of the terms they used in the video or guides.

And are there any more tips into buying/selling bitcoins/algoirthms?

I hope someone can give me a startup boost Smiley

Tim
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 07:17:37 PM

I've created a bitcoin adress and I've started GPU and CPU mining a bit with NiceHash Miner. Making around 4 dollars a day with doing nothing.
You must be mining altcoins.

In a previous forum post somewhere on this forum I found that from the first of august BIP 148 is coming. I've watched several video's of what is exactly is, but couldnt make anything out of it because of the terms they used in the video or guides.
I have no idea how and why you've jumped from "I am new to Bitcoin" to "what is BIP 148"? Why would you make such a ridiculous jump when you don't even know the basics of Bitcoin, yet alone intermediary concepts and the underlying technology?

And are there any more tips into buying/selling bitcoins/algoirthms?
How to buy Bitcoin: https://howtobuybitcoin.io/
How Bitcoin works in 5 minutes (non technical): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5JGQXCTe3c
How Bitcoin works in 5 minutes (technical): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9jOJk30eQs
Bitcoin Wiki: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Main_Page

That's pretty much all you need to get you started. Alternatively you could also buy the book "Mastering Bitcoin": https://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Bitcoin-Unlocking-Digital-Cryptocurrencies/dp/1449374042

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:22:14 PM

What do I really need to know as a stater to bitcoins?

Depends on what you really want to do.
If you want buy/sell/hold, so in other words invest. You don't need really know almost anything. Just download wallet, see how it works, buy some, read about backup (how to secure them) and thats it.
If you want to mine, you need to read a lot about technical process.

I would recommend bitcoin documentaries, great learning experience (fun).
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:50:41 AM

Yeah, I'd say the most important part is ensuring that you know how to properly secure your coins.

Be sure to read up on the links provided above as those are a great starting point. Reading and exploring on your own are the best ways to learn.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 06:36:11 PM

Best thing for you to know is how to store your coins and have exchnge accounts setup.

I assume at some point you will want to sell your coins or use them to buy something. Overstock.com lets you pay with bitcoin and newegg does as well. You can use bitpay and get a visa debit card that lets you convert your btc into fiat which is then put onto the card.

If you are keeping your coins on your pc or phone, make sure you have multiple back ups on separate devices. Make a back up on an external harddrive + a usb stick + a dvd disc + on your main hard drive +on your phone etc. Multiple backups and only you should know your passphrase or password or private keys(different wallets require you to do it differently).

Make sure you have some exchange accounts setup now and verified, so if you want to trade into another coin at some point you are ready to go. Btc-e or hitbtc or poloniex or cryptopia or c-cex and there are probably some others that are ok.
cjnmoh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:17:16 PM

As a starter to Bitcoin first of all one should follow various Bitcoin site and read from there what a Bitcoin actually is? All you need to know how Bitcoin is working and how it came into existence? Then follow bunch of faucet site and claim free Bitcoin. Then with the passage of time you automatically drive out to know more about Bitcoin. And this process gives you more and more coin in future.
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:05:19 PM

I think as a starter every newbie should know about three things regarding bitcoins except for mining. First thing is that you can earn bitcoins through many bounties and campaigns. Second thing is to trade Bitcoins about other cryptocurrencies. Third is to gamble the profit and try to make a fortune or loose whatever you have.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817

🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 04:08:13 AM

I think as a starter every newbie should know about three things regarding bitcoins except for mining. First thing is that you can earn bitcoins through many bounties and campaigns. Second thing is to trade Bitcoins about other cryptocurrencies. Third is to gamble the profit and try to make a fortune or loose whatever you have.

I really don't suggest going into earning immediately. People should look at cryptocurrency as a technology that could solve some economical problems, and not look at cryptocurrency as a moneymaking scheme.

I would first go into understanding what blockchain technology is, then learning about bitcoin wallets and how to secure them.

Here's a good source of guides for OP: www.coindesk.com/information/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
rodskee

Activity: 2324
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:07:31 AM

as i heard and reaing in this topic, the beginners get a bitcoin from the campaign and bounties,.. but the newbie like me i need to wait for the higher rank, before i can inter the signiture campaign.. more campaign opening the qualified member have a as jr member in up... according to the member of this forum regarding the safety of wallet always need a back-up... thank you i learn a lot here in beginners topic how earn a bitcoin..

Cyberbits

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:20:42 PM

Bitcoin is different than what you know and use every day. Before you start using Bitcoin, there are a few things that you need to know in order to use it securely and avoid common pitfalls.
Noisy13oy

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 07:38:50 PM

yes, you are right. I guess campaings are very good as a source of bitcoins. I wanna try it Smiley
cdousley

Activity: 182

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:41:29 AM
Merited by caishendizi (2), AlexRus227 (2), nobanks4me (1)

Bitcoin is different than what you know and use every day. Before you start using Bitcoin, there are a few things that you need to know in order to use it securely and avoid common pitfalls.
Getting into exchanging can be extremely gainful and simple to take in, it's sort of following stage you take once you take a few to get back some composure of some bitcoins. Bitcoin exchanging is simple and is substantially more beneficial than mining. You can even get twofold the benefit out of you display bit coins. Presently to discuss Aug 1, individuals who are posting about fearing august 1, don't have genuine information about the occasion and are simply making false suspicions. You shouldn't get apprehensive and continue mining or exchanging or whatever else you are doing with your bitcoins.

legend018

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:15:12 PM

Sites I have found helpful are
1. https://howtobuybitcoin.io/
2. https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/91/how-do-you-obtain-bitcoins

If your looking for information on bip 148, this thread discussed it, maybe it will help further your understanding of that if that's what you would like to do.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924913.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: