Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:23:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese war crimes and Bitcoin - a solution?  (Read 292 times)
ZhuldyzKaladinova (OP)

Activity: 289
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:00:30 AM

Do you think that there is a possibility that Japan opening up to Bitcoin could help the denial about its war crime history?

For instance: Nanking Massacre, Palawan Massacre, Sook Ching Massacre  and so many more...

Now that they're opening up to foreign ideas like Bitcoin perhaps they can reconsider their denial?

I really hope and wish BTC could help here.

I'm very interested in your opinion. Thank you in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DOGE12321

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:04:49 AM

Do you think that there is a possibility that Japan opening up to Bitcoin could help the denial about its war crime history?

For instance: Nanking Massacre, Palawan Massacre, Sook Ching Massacre et cetera

Now that they're opening up to foreign ideas like Bitcoin perhaps they can reconsider their denial?

Umm. I don't really see how Bitcoin can have anything to do with such mass murders. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency. It has no relation to massacres and such crime. Thus, I don't think that they would reconsider their denial about their war crime history. It just doesn't make any sense.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:09:36 AM

For instance:Alexandra Hospital Massacre, Nanking Massacre, Palawan Massacre, Sook Ching Massacre et cetera

I'm not sure how you would be making a connection like this, but it is mostly unlikely that you're going to see any sort of comments on war crimes from the past just because the government is now providing a regulating framework for Bitcoin to operate within.

Other countries that open themselves up to foreign ideas or similar "westernized" concepts typically don't admit anything, really, if it isn't done within a generation or so from when it happens, unless there is an apologetic within their governing body that decides to do such a thing. For example, Turkey still denies the Armenian genocide and they likely will not be changing their opinions as Erdogan is now dictator-for-life and he has repeatedly denied it in the past. Same thing goes for the United States (although there are more apologetics from the Democrat party, typically, related to various atrocities during times of war), with the use of various unsavory weapons in wartime (or "peacekeeping") which result in damages to the population post-war. Such as the DU penetrator tank shells and the use of white phosphorus. Not as brutal as a massacre, but similar.

I personally do not believe a country should be responsible for something they did not do directly, and considering there is no longer the same Japanese empire there is little that should be done about the past. While history should be learned from, the Germans are not responsible for the Nazis today, and the Turks are not responsible for the Armenians. Admittance of wrongdoing should be noted, but there should be no further punishments, as the global community seems intent on doing to any country that admits something along those lines.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: