Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:12:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So is anyone else selling their RX series gpu's with the crazy high prices?  (Read 1574 times)
Xeon_Xeon (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:20:04 AM

I sold each of my 2 RX480's for over $100.00 more than what I purchased them for a little less than a year ago.

I figure with the shortage and high price I could sell them for more than I would mine with them in the next few months and I'll use the money to upgrade.

Haven't decided what tho. Huh

Maybe with the money I'll buy THREE RX 580's when they are back in stock. Cool

Or just go with a GTX 1080 Ti.........

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 1708

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 03:40:41 AM

No.

You try and sell on eBay and you might get a chargeback due to Paypal protection.

You try and sell it locally like that and who knows... might get robbed or might get into some low-balling people who just waste your time...

No idea why you would even sell at a time like this since by selling you would lose more money than selling it at a huge markup right now.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
buzzkillb

Activity: 1021
Merit: 324

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 03:52:54 AM

I sold each of my 2 RX480's for over $100.00 more than what I purchased them for a little less than a year ago.

I figure with the shortage and high price I could sell them for more than I would mine with them in the next few months and I'll use the money to upgrade.

I was able to get some 1080's over the weekend and the day I got them, yesterday, they went up $120 each. Surprised how fast all cards are rising in price. Just a few weeks ago 1070's were on sale for $330.

Maybe instead of ebay you try to find tech for sale forums to sell on. Ebay never sides with the seller.
Xeon_Xeon (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:19:45 AM

No.

You try and sell on eBay and you might get a chargeback due to Paypal protection.

You try and sell it locally like that and who knows... might get robbed or might get into some low-balling people who just waste your time...

No idea why you would even sell at a time like this since by selling you would lose more money than selling it at a huge markup right now.

Charge back for what?

The buyer has a %100 feed back.

I have been on ebay since 2000 and only had one issue and that was as a buyer.

I already made my ROI months ago and with the new cards coming out I wanted to sell them while I could get top dollar.

I made money by selling them and when you consider when new cards, AMD and Nvidia,  come out in the next month or three the prices on used ones will drop and the more they drop the more my profit will end up being.

poisson

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:24:04 AM

No.

I won't go to the beach because I might get skin cancer and die.
Jamievs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:04:43 AM

Nope, I get more money out of them mining then I do get for a sale.
VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:23:23 AM

I probably should sell mines I have 40 RX470s sitting in a box that i just removed because i bought 1080tis to replace them. I need to stop being so wasteful. Hell I have about 100 AC1750's that I yanked that have been sitting in my garage for 2 years. At 70-100 each... yeah i should stop being lazy lol
Juggar

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:50:44 AM

No.

Paypal seller protection specifically protects you in the case of a chargeback.... ive had it happen a few times to me and PayPal has always covered me.

Now, selling locally is just stupid, you have a far, far bigger potential market online. Besides some of us live in the middle of nowhere so online/eBay is all we can do anyway.

If you have RX cards to sell then now IS the time. Not often at all that a GPU is worth substantially more than you paid for it...
un4given

Activity: 192

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:55:47 AM

just selling my old stock RX 480s and stock RX 470 and getting new RX 580/570 instead of them. It's a good deal. though a funny feeling i have while selling them 120€ over the price i bought em...but it's the market dictating the prices... Sad
CarlOrff

Activity: 826
Merit: 440

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:00:32 AM

just selling my old stock RX 480s and stock RX 470 and getting new RX 580/570 instead of them. It's a good deal. though a funny feeling i have while selling them 120€ over the price i bought em...but it's the market dictating the prices... Sad
With the more effective power consumption, not sure it was a so good deal...

Now, it is more productive to buy nVidia GPUs :-).

Bitcoin + privacy respect = BitcoinZ (topic BitcoinZ)
The only decentralized crypto that complements Bitcoin on privacy.
You missed Bitcoin in 2009 ? Do not miss BitcoinZ in 2018 !
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:07:36 AM

You guys must of never sold anything on eBay before.

The Paypal protection only covers the buyer. Someone can buy a GPU today, mine with it for 180 days and then file a dispute saying "Its broken".

Paypal always sides with the buyer. It doesn't matter if you got a 10 year old account with great feedback.

Search this forum for horror stories if you don't believe me.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
un4given

Activity: 192

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:32:53 AM

With the more effective power consumption, not sure it was a so good deal...

Now, it is more productive to buy nVidia GPUs :-).

yeah, also having a bunch of GTX 1070, 1080 and 1060 working like horses. but for eth AMD's are the way to go. Reference RX480/470 are getting very hot and very loud in my environment. and i only had like 5-6 pieces, which i couldn't combine in one rig since it was dying all the time. Since i received RX 580/570 without any problems it was a way to go to sell the old ones.
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:40:36 AM

AMD prices will crash when ethereum difficulty rises, it will go through the floor when PoS is activated.

grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:49:51 AM

Well since new batch of cards will come in my country in mid august i plan to sell my cards for 400€ each in end of July.I saw a rig with 130 mhs sold for 4k € with 5 msi cards so i m not to greedy for my sapphires ;DPlan to use that money for 1080ti cards for lbry and zec
eth4lyfe

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 04:08:06 PM

I've been selling my cards that run hotter than others, such as MSI armor, powercolor red devil, red dragon, etc. Keeping most of my nitro's though.. Replacing the ones I sell with 1070's since they're faster and cooler.
dandreark1

Activity: 145

out here

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:33:21 PM

i have 12 rx580's and at the rate they're going i'd much rather keep them versus sell w/ a markup.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:48:26 PM

I think about this every once in awhile too, but I re-did the math after reading this and decided that for me keeping them is the best deal right now. While it is true you can get $100 or more than you paid for them on ebay, in my case I am grossing $36/day on a 6x RX480 rig, so even after electrical costs I am clearing $34 which is about $5.50/day profit for each card.

So an average RX480 that I paid ~$200 for I could sell for $300 on eBay. To keep it simple let's be generous and assume the $300 is after all selling costs are subtracted, shipping, ebay fees, etc. Let's also just use $5.00 day for net income per card on average to account for daily fluctuation. After only 60 days I would make the same $300 as I would by selling but I would still have the cards. Even if mining falls off somewhat to only around $3.00/day profit, after a little over 3 months (100 days) I would still have the same profit as selling while also retaining the cards.

The cards will continue to hold value for sometime, so even if they dropped to $150 after the three months, I still netted $300 (mining) + $150 (net after selling) or $450 in total. Sure everything could collapse at any moment, but if you believe that is the case you would probably be better off just shorting the market.

So for me I would rather keep them for now and continue to mine. In 60 days I would have $300 and the cards would still be worth $200-$300. Since all my cards are ROI it simply comes down to which way I will make the most profit off of them.

Also, even if everything works out the way you think, who is to say the new cards released in a few months will not also be selling at a premium. So the way I look at it, I got a discount when I bought my cards (compared to what I could by them for today) and I am also continuing to make $5/day from each one, so for every 60 days that profitability keeps up, it's like doubling my investment (again and again).
eth4lyfe

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 07:10:53 PM

I think about this every once in awhile too, but I re-did the math after reading this and decided that for me keeping them is the best deal right now. While it is true you can get $100 or more than you paid for them on ebay, in my case I am grossing $36/day on a 6x RX480 rig, so even after electrical costs I am clearing $34 which is about $5.50/day profit for each card.

So an average RX480 that I paid ~$200 for I could sell for $300 on eBay. To keep it simple let's be generous and assume the $300 is after all selling costs are subtracted, shipping, ebay fees, etc. Let's also just use $5.00 day for net income per card on average to account for daily fluctuation. After only 60 days I would make the same $300 as I would by selling but I would still have the cards. Even if mining falls off somewhat to only around $3.00/day profit, after a little over 3 months (100 days) I would still have the same profit as selling while also retaining the cards.

The cards will continue to hold value for sometime, so even if they dropped to $150 after the three months, I still netted $300 (mining) + $150 (net after selling) or $450 in total. Sure everything could collapse at any moment, but if you believe that is the case you would probably be better off just shorting the market.

So for me I would rather keep them for now and continue to mine. In 60 days I would have $300 and the cards would still be worth $200-$300. Since all my cards are ROI it simply comes down to which way I will make the most profit off of them.

Also, even if everything works out the way you think, who is to say the new cards released in a few months will not also be selling at a premium. So the way I look at it, I got a discount when I bought my cards (compared to what I could by them for today) and I am also continuing to make $5/day from each one, so for every 60 days that profitability keeps up, it's like doubling my investment (again and again).

You're expecting them to be worth the inflated amount though, I've been selling my 480's for double what I paid and then using that to buy 1070's at the normal market price, they're faster, run cooler and aren't inflated.
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:22:36 PM

You're expecting them to be worth the inflated amount though, I've been selling my 480's for double what I paid and then using that to buy 1070's at the normal market price, they're faster, run cooler and aren't inflated.

What you are doing makes sense if you are a gamer or plan on gaming with them in the future.

Right now you are better off mining with them. In 1 month? In 2 months? Things might be different and then it might be the optimal time to sell. Not now.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Etherion

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:16:59 PM

I sold all my old 28nm cards. No more HD or R9 cooking me. The best part is that I sold them for much more than what i bought them for 1 year ago. But my RX and Nvidia cards are humming away.  Flees strange having over 10 PCIE slots open sitting there.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: