Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:34:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we perform a swap to update our ERC20 contract (before switching to EOS in summer)?
Yes
No
Not sure

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodomy [GOOD] - Launching May 24, 2018 // From the creator of the first ICO  (Read 23059 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
Tara11

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:37:12 AM

As for old karma dev wanted to fair distribution I think. That's why he sent me 500000 karmas. Then I went to social media asked people to give me karma wallet address for giveaway but nobody bothered taking them. Back then nobody cared to getting free karmas. This time we will succeed I think.  Cool

Edit: What's the difference between coin and token?

Hi. "Coin" is often used incorrectly (as it is usually a proxy issued by governments, through banks). But since we have "bit-coin" people have been using the word to represent the abstract value that a piece of software produces by itself.

Tokens can be thought of as the values coming from a platform that can issue many different 'coins', like Ethereum or Waves.

So it's pretty much same thing?

Pretty much, but usually platforms like Counterparty call it "token" because in theory you should be able to do more things with it, like use it to represent a ticket or a reservation or shares of profits. If you said "coin" in that case it would be more confusing, but they are essentially the same thing (because you can also do lots of things with "coins" but we usually want to attach physical limitations to coins, so they're not really used in the same way. But it someone wanted to they could create a Scrypt-based coin that represents shares of profits of a company, for example).

Thanks for the information. That helps a lot.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 02:44:28 PM

Airdrop?

No, but there may be a way to get free coins by exchanging something else of value (besides another cryptocurrency), such as performing an action on social media.
when do you plan to open some social media campaign? and its also better to have signature campaign too, since this is a new coin project which will be needed to have exposure in order to gain support coming from the forum members and non members that will get attention from the social media advertisement.
Tara11

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:34:48 PM

Please note the update info regarding our first exchange at Ether Delta: https://etherdelta.github.io/#GOOD-ETH

Wow great news. What should we do as old karma users? Buy it from exchange or swap classic karmas?
kosmost (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 04:04:49 PM

Airdrop?

No, but there may be a way to get free coins by exchanging something else of value (besides another cryptocurrency), such as performing an action on social media.
when do you plan to open some social media campaign? and its also better to have signature campaign too, since this is a new coin project which will be needed to have exposure in order to gain support coming from the forum members and non members that will get attention from the social media advertisement.

I think it's best to focus more on potential users, actually. I don't anticipate much support here for that reason (perhaps outside of the target demographic).

For social media, it will come in time. Baby steps first

Thanks for the support! More ideas are welcome Smiley

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 04:09:59 PM

Please note the update info regarding our first exchange at Ether Delta: https://etherdelta.github.io/#GOOD-ETH

Wow great news. What should we do as old karma users? Buy it from exchange or swap classic karmas?

Thanks. The two are separate, however, so nothing has changed about that.

cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:53:07 PM

youre logo is same with karma coin and karma token
this name coin is same use "karma", youre same with karma token dev
why karma token project not open ico selling but create new project

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 10:12:31 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2017, 01:46:11 PM by kosmost

youre logo is same with karma coin and karma token
this name coin is same use "karma", youre same with karma token dev
why karma token project not open ico selling but create new project

Hi. Thanks for your questions.

1) I am the only one who has the rights to use the logo (as I paid for it in full). I am allowing (classic) Karma to use the logo until they organize their resources and come up with a new logo

2) The ticker symbol is "GOOD" and will be known by the name "Good Karma". Karma is a concept and can be used by anyone. (However, I also have the trademark on the word 'karma' for cryptocurrency.)

3) I don't know anything about Karma token (KTN) which was begun on Counterparty 1-2 years ago by a former team member. Please ask the person who runs it.

Please let me know should you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks again Smiley

BtcKing 1

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:32:25 PM

is there any bounties dev ? and if you need to get listed on an exchange contact me Smiley
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 11:33:34 PM

is there any bounties dev ? and if you need to get listed on an exchange contact me Smiley

No bounties yet but you're free to suggest something. Thanks.

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 02:16:52 AM

Please note that any posts not adhering to the rules of Bitcointalk and also our community guidelines will be deleted without hesitation. Thank you for your understanding.

TimeTeller

Activity: 2702
Merit: 588

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:22:10 AM

Seems that the dev for this coin is pretty serious with his project.
Addressing queries one by one. Hopefully, this is true 'til the end.
Usually, the project is only active in the beginning but the energy subsides as the project becomes older.
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 06:31:17 AM

Seems that the dev for this coin is pretty serious with his project.
Addressing queries one by one. Hopefully, this is true 'til the end.
Usually, the project is only active in the beginning but the energy subsides as the project becomes older.

Indeed. This is actually my original vision for Karmacoin from 2014 (after 4 members of the community, including myself, took it over from the dev, who had abandoned the coin after he realized he could not steal as many blocks from other miners failed).

I rejoined the Karmacoin community just recently and tried to revive it again, but there are so many bad coins there now (from 2+ stolen exchange wallets) that the price may unfortunately be forever at 1 satoshi or less.

However, when I re-appeared on that forum the Karma coin volume on YoBit jumped from less than 1btc per day to over 25 per day, giving me hope that maybe the Karma community wanted me to lead the project again.

Due to an uncooperative moderator (who has taken control over at least 1 exchange wallet, from MintPal and perhaps Cryptsy) whp posts to forum yet cannot be bothered to change the OP, as evidenced on the first page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.0 after I while I realized that not much would happen and I had to consider other options.

Thus, a new 'Karma' coin called Good Coin, to start afresh and make it happen!

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 10:27:32 AM

Good Karma is looking for people to help build the coin and community!

Please PM me if you're interested.

Currently, I am working on a road map, adding more details to the website, and dusting off our Facebook page.

Any help would be appreciated. Let's take some GOOD to the dark side of the moon!

nezto77

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:38:27 PM

Currently, I am working on a road map, adding more details to the website, and dusting off our Facebook page.

Any help would be appreciated. Let's take some GOOD to the dark side of the moon!
Is it just going to be in exchange for getting new karma? And no bounty plan?
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 02:46:55 PM

Is it just going to be in exchange for getting new karma? And no bounty plan?

Hi. The problem with bounties is that they're difficult to make transparent. Therefore, I would need to pay for it out of my own pocket.

Some coins, for example, set aside xx BTC for bounties but they are, instead, claimed by the devs. Where is the paper trail?

The idea with Good Karma is to make a fully autonomous organization where everyone can see what's going on in real-time. Unfortunately, for bounties that isn't possible just yet.

As I mentioned before, though, we may do social bounties where the general public can get free GOOD by doing something, but that's different than what you're talking about.

If you have another idea I'd love to hear it.

Thanks

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 02:54:30 PM

Join us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/GoodKarmaCoin/

podizzler3000

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:41:36 AM

hey kosmost i'd say you are doing a GOOD job remedying the problem! better communication and clearer instructions than most of these 10M dollar ICO "companies".. i'm looking forward to the future of this community/movement!
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 07:17:25 AM

hey kosmost i'd say you are doing a GOOD job remedying the problem! better communication and clearer instructions than most of these 10M dollar ICO "companies".. i'm looking forward to the future of this community/movement!

Thanks, just giving my all! It's appreciated Smiley

podizzler3000

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:03:52 PM

you might want to add that when you add 0xbbB88154F8FA94c3B5Bc65088ac7dB80A926E9B4 to your wallet you also need to put '0' for decimal instead of the usual 8 or 16 otherwise you get a fraction of the amount
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 01:40:41 PM

you might want to add that when you add 0xbbB88154F8FA94c3B5Bc65088ac7dB80A926E9B4 to your wallet you also need to put '0' for decimal instead of the usual 8 or 16 otherwise you get a fraction of the amount

Yes, and that was part of the issue (the uint8 number). I'll make that clear.

Thanks.

Also, it seems like Ethereum is having some issues at the moment.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: