Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:00:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we perform a swap to update our ERC20 contract (before switching to EOS in summer)?
Yes
No
Not sure

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodomy [GOOD] - Launching May 24, 2018 // From the creator of the first ICO  (Read 23062 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
kosmost (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 05:17:36 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 05:27:38 AM by kosmost

Also, we need a good Chinese name for "Goodomy". (Also, Korean and Japanese perhaps)

Any suggestions please post here.

Japanese adopts foreign words to match the language, so you could go for something like:
Goodomy: グッドオマイ (Guddoomai), or ゴオッドミー(gooddomii)
Shopomy: ショップオマイ(shoppuomai), or ショッポミー(shoppomii)

Or try making a real translation and put something together with good and my, then it'll get difficult to choose, too many possibilities Wink

Yeah, hiragana is fine and it makes sense. Which of the 2, for each, sounds better to you?

By the way, thanks for the translations!

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 05:26:27 AM

Goodly and Shoply have a nice ring.

Just throwing it out there.   Cheesy Grin

Thanks for the suggestion!

Boss_O

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:46:59 PM

Also, we need a good Chinese name for "Goodomy". (Also, Korean and Japanese perhaps)

Perhaps use a play on a word that is common in all three of those languages. And that way there is one "goodomy" type branding for all of the pacific rim.

Example:
kaizen
What you think it means
Continuous improvement, or a Japanese business philosophy of continuous improvement.

What it means in Japanese
Improvement. No "continuous", no "Japanese business philosophy", just generic "improvement".

Commentary
The Chinese-derived word kaizen 改善 (still in use in Chinese, and Korean as well) has no intrinsic meaning in Japanese of "continuous improvement" or "business philosophy" or any such deep stuff. It has the same generic, mundane meaning as the English word "improvement", and can mean any improvement big or small, one-time or ongoing, with or without a hint of attached "philosophy".

Meanwhile, the modern word Kaizen as "a Japanese business philosophy of continuous improvement" is an invention by speakers of other languages. Nothing wrong with that, though one wonders what's actually Japanese about it...

So, if someone with a better understanding of Japanese, Korean and Mandarin (I only know cantonese). Could come up with a twist on on a word like Kaizen - that is used in all three languages and that would make sense in all three languagues, you would have a great name for Asia.

MrUnconventional

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:03:58 PM

App install stats aren't really reliable statistics on anything. If general interest would be tough to gauge with that. People download, install and delete apps constantly and that still counts as a number on the install list. I'd imagine those numbers are highly inflated and are simply an indicator of downloads and not users.

Speaking of apps, I noticed something today about Goodomy, Kosmost that you might want to check into. I was browsing through blockchain related apps and saw the "Coin Stats" app. There are two listings for Goodomy with two different icons and info.
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 07:54:18 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 08:18:11 AM by kosmost

The Shopomy app has been updated!

Go to our listing on Google Play Store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shopomy

New screenshots have also been added

Note that this is the final phase 1 release. All remaining features and bug fixes will be in phase 2.

This release (0.1.3.) changes the following:

Fixed:
- "Video too large to upload" error
- deleted listings shown
- video 'play' icon
- video thumbnails
- compression for images
- retain user's sub-categories when app is closed
- video uploads
- link in veritication email (to prevent spam warnings) from IP to domain
- login with Facebook fixed

Added:
- indicator for maximum video size and length
- extra decimal place to prices in listing detail

Deleted:
- 'Discount' field from People listings

Saved for phase 2:
-search radius fixes

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 08:06:34 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 08:17:31 AM by kosmost

Perhaps use a play on a word that is common in all three of those languages. And that way there is one "goodomy" type branding for all of the pacific rim.

Example:
kaizen
What you think it means
Continuous improvement, or a Japanese business philosophy of continuous improvement.

What it means in Japanese
Improvement. No "continuous", no "Japanese business philosophy", just generic "improvement".

Commentary
The Chinese-derived word kaizen 改善 (still in use in Chinese, and Korean as well) has no intrinsic meaning in Japanese of "continuous improvement" or "business philosophy" or any such deep stuff. It has the same generic, mundane meaning as the English word "improvement", and can mean any improvement big or small, one-time or ongoing, with or without a hint of attached "philosophy".

Meanwhile, the modern word Kaizen as "a Japanese business philosophy of continuous improvement" is an invention by speakers of other languages. Nothing wrong with that, though one wonders what's actually Japanese about it...

So, if someone with a better understanding of Japanese, Korean and Mandarin (I only know cantonese). Could come up with a twist on on a word like Kaizen - that is used in all three languages and that would make sense in all three languagues, you would have a great name for Asia.

That's a pretty good idea. I know Korean has a lot of Chinese influence (and Japanese influence culturally) but what do you think about a variation of "3"?

Chinese: 三 ("san")
Japanese: 三  ("san")
Korean: 삼 ("sam")

The number 3 also has a similar pronunciation in Thai ("sam")

Then we can add another word onto it. Some suggestions:

Bag
Kaban (Korean and Japanese)
Chinese: 提包 (Tíbāo)

Market
Korean: 시장 (sijang)
Chinese: 市场 (shìchǎng)
Closest in Japanese might be 市 (ichi)

Bank
Korean: 은행 (eunhaeng)
Chinese: 银行 (yínháng)
Japanese? Nothing close, from what I can see

So, we could translate it to "3-bag" or "3-market", where "3" would be the three tabs (Things, People, Post). 3 is also a lucky number in Korea, but not Chinese (as it sounds like a word that means 'spread out') and in Japan it is the age a child is when they celebrate (shichi-go-san).

Shopomy = san-shìchǎng?

Ideas?

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 08:09:13 AM

App install stats aren't really reliable statistics on anything. If general interest would be tough to gauge with that. People download, install and delete apps constantly and that still counts as a number on the install list. I'd imagine those numbers are highly inflated and are simply an indicator of downloads and not users.

They're not exact numbers, of course, but the range listed is usually pretty accurate from the few apps I have been a part of. It's just a reference for now.

There are a number of services that give MAU or DAU info for Android apps, so I'm looking into those as well.

Speaking of apps, I noticed something today about Goodomy, Kosmost that you might want to check into. I was browsing through blockchain related apps and saw the "Coin Stats" app. There are two listings for Goodomy with two different icons and info.

It may have our old name, info, and logo (for Good Karmacoin).

TheWizard

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:32:38 PM

Hi Kosmost

What's next in the roadmap?

How's Shopomy services coming along?

Good luck, looks great.
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 01:35:00 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 01:53:48 AM by kosmost

Hi Kosmost

What's next in the roadmap?

How's Shopomy services coming along?

Good luck, looks great.

Hey, there. Thanks! While we are developing the core services, marketing and outreach efforts will ramp up. These will mostly come post-phase 2, but for now I am having our current content translated into a few other languages.

The next announcement may be for a worldwide Goodomy 'Ambassador' program. 1 person will oversee the outreach efforts in each country, supported by Mayors in their cities.

Then we will be announcing partnerships with stores, etc., in each country on a regular basis. There won't be any other in crypto that will be able to match our level of partnerships.

If it was an actual roadmap, it might look more like this (all for 2018):

• Develop Shopomy website
  • Develop FAQ for post-phase 2
  • Determine and set up base for Ambassadors, Mayors, etc. (perhaps on a forum)
  • Determine and set up Ambassador program standards, policies, and operatng principles
  • Phase 2 private beta
  • Publicize and add to Goodomy subreddit
  • Open up Goodomy forum to public
  • Phase 2 soft launch
  • Find social media managers for all channels
  • Publicize and add to Shopomy Facebook page
  • Begin to hire first staff (HR, accounting, admin, executive, IT)
  • Put Goodomy Ambassador program into overdrive
  • Develop preliminary PR strategy and messaging matrix framework
  • Retain professional public relations firm
  • Develop message matrix with PR firm
  • Re-develop Goodomy website
  • First press release
  • Use Ambassador strategy and knowledge for sales team to go after larger partners

Suggestions, questions, comments, etc., please let us know! Thanks for joining us Smiley

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 09:17:01 AM

New Market Added!

While we await for other (larger) exchanges, please note the following new exchange for Goodomy: https://idex.market/eth/good

Here's more info on how to use it: https://www.reddit.com/r/auroradao/comments/7c3j6z/idex_user_guides_how_to_trade/?st=jcaaf0nw

Once it has more than $1,000 in volume/day for a few days I will submit the new market to CoinMarketCap (where it will take 1-2 weeks to be added), as well as the bitcointalk OP and Goodomy website. Additional token availability will also help us to get listed on the bigger exchanges.

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 10:07:59 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 10:18:14 AM by kosmost

As we have a new market today (IDEX) the release of 500,000 tokens on CoinExchange will be scheduled for tomorrow, January 12.

Price will be market + 10%

As of now, 187,519 GOOD remain on the CoinExchange markets (almost all in the DOGE market and moving quickly).

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 11:44:40 AM

Chinese language.. done!

I've just created a new Chinese language page on Goodomy. (Translation performed by a Chinese professional translator)

http://goodomy.com/高多买-使用数字货币,堪称实体零售店的亚马逊/

If anyone would like to create a thread on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=30.0 for Goodomy please reply here. Thanks!

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 12:47:06 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 01:14:37 PM by kosmost

Japanese language.. done!

I've just created a new Japanese language page. (Translation performed by a professional. Any suggestions or changes please let me know)

http://goodomy.com/グッドミー-は、30兆ドルの規模を持つ従来型小売/

If anyone would like to add to the following Japanese thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=877.0 for Goodomy please do it. Thanks!

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 01:56:15 PM

Korean language.. done!

Korean language page on Goodomy is complete (Any suggestions or changes please let me know.)

http://goodomy.com/구도미-는-실제-소매점을-위한-아마존입니다-디지/

If anyone would like to create a Korean thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=82.0 please make it happen. Thanks!

snothead

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:10:49 PM

hey kosmot

i started a discord for karma coin just trying to help get things off the ground and attract investors. mainly because i bought some and i want to see it take off
https://discord.gg/aPGss9C

someone said you were a guy to talk to and could possibly help
looks like volume has been increasing steadily

my name on there is deviatedseptum

thanks!
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 11:58:01 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 06:43:01 AM by kosmost

hey kosmot

i started a discord for karma coin just trying to help get things off the ground and attract investors. mainly because i bought some and i want to see it take off
https://discord.gg/aPGss9C

someone said you were a guy to talk to and could possibly help
looks like volume has been increasing steadily

my name on there is deviatedseptum

thanks!

Thanks for your help! Just send me more info about yourself by PM. You don't have a history here, but I at least want to see something you produced before linking Smiley

Also, you're currently running a Karmacoin discord, right?

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 02:14:22 AM

Minor app release to fix the search radius: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shopomy

Also changed the colors of the graphics in the Play store listing.

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 04:45:20 AM

Vietnamese language.. done!

The Vietnamese language page on Goodomy is complete. (If you have any suggestions or changes please let me know.)

http://goodomy.com/gapmay/

If anyone would like to add something about Goodomy on the Vietnamese thread at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60101.0 please feel free. Thanks!

MrUnconventional

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:17:19 AM

Kosmost, you're a machine.

It's refreshing to see a developer so committed with a solid plan of action in a sea of nonsense in the crypto space.
I'm really looking forward to see how Shopomy functions in the retail world.

Glad I stumbled onto GOOD a few months ago, which was totally by accident browsing random crypto platforms in the middle of the night. 
tramese

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Do More. Sell More. Be More Productive.

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:10:29 AM

Kosmost, you're a machine.

It's refreshing to see a developer so committed with a solid plan of action in a sea of nonsense in the crypto space.
I'm really looking forward to see how Shopomy functions in the retail world.

Glad I stumbled onto GOOD a few months ago, which was totally by accident browsing random crypto platforms in the middle of the night. 

yes, same here..just stumbled upon it doing research of low cap coins.

otherwise you wont know about it...its not hyped or promoted at all...and that's done on purpose.

kos most has been doing alot of work, and there's still lots of to be done.

http://goodomy.com/ - ...it is only when we enable users to employ the same powerful model for their own benefit that Goodomy will make the greatest economic impact."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: