Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:25:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LEGIT or QUIT List of Safe retailers  (Read 8844 times)
ekrififi (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:21:40 AM

To avoid the huge increase to the X11 difficulty, you may want to consider the new Obelisk SC1 asic for Siacoin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1976753.20

Obelisk.tech

It's a long lead time, and they've never released an asic before (the obelisk asic company is comprised of Siacoin's development team), but the algo (blake2b) is much less likely to get saturated by competing asic companies.

Hash responsibly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ekrififi (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:36:26 AM

Alibaba is listed as LEGIT.  BUT I don't know if just because they list on Alibaba, they're LEGIT.  I've sent out an RFQ and contacted many sellers directly and I have gotten a lot of responses that say they can get me an Antminer L3+ for $1200 - $1600 and have it in immediate stock.  But they'll only take T/T, Bank Transfer, Western Union, or MoneyGram.  I've asked if they would do the Alibaba Trade Assurance Order Protection, and they won't do it.  Could there be that many people out there just taking your money or do you think they are manufacturing knock-off miners?  China is the king of knock-offs.  Can I attach a file?  I got an e-mail from Ms.Jimi Huang from Hjm-Light Technology  Co,.Ltd, (website:hjm-light.com).  There was a nice PDF brochure attached for the Ants mineS9 13.5T, Ants mining machine L3 + 504M, and the Ants Mine S7 4.73T.  I wish I could attach the PDF.

Oh, and I want to thank anyone who had input.  You are all very helpful.

You're right. I should've been clearer / more precise with my inclusion of Aliebaba on the Legit list.

Aliebaba does / can offer some levels of protection if you use it the right way, the Alibaba Trade Assurance Order being one of the ways. Another way is by the sellers rating (I believe their more trusted sellers are gold ranked. From what I remember, all (modt?) Gold rated sellers accepted the Trade  Assurance anyways...

Im sure people are getting scammed a bunch there, and there are no guarantees in life, but if you just deal with gold ranked members and use their TAO, I think you've mitigated a lot of your risks...

But ive actually never completed an order with them personally. Maybe somebody here would like to share their experience(?)
ekrififi (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:00:16 AM

Alibaba is listed as LEGIT.  BUT I don't know if just because they list on Alibaba, they're LEGIT.  I've sent out an RFQ and contacted many sellers directly and I have gotten a lot of responses that say they can get me an Antminer L3+ for $1200 - $1600 and have it in immediate stock.  But they'll only take T/T, Bank Transfer, Western Union, or MoneyGram.  I've asked if they would do the Alibaba Trade Assurance Order Protection, and they won't do it.  Could there be that many people out there just taking your money or do you think they are manufacturing knock-off miners?  China is the king of knock-offs.  Can I attach a file?  I got an e-mail from Ms.Jimi Huang from Hjm-Light Technology  Co,.Ltd, (website:hjm-light.com).  There was a nice PDF brochure attached for the Ants mineS9 13.5T, Ants mining machine L3 + 504M, and the Ants Mine S7 4.73T.  I wish I could attach the PDF.

Oh, and I want to thank anyone who had input.  You are all very helpful.

There really is no such thing as "knock off ASICs". It costs millions of dollars to produce... so like, there are different companies producing different models with their unique designs / hash rates / power draw / ship dates / profitability etc,

But it's too expensive / complicated to produce an ASIC, that there really can't be knock-offs. It's not like handbags, ya know?
ekrififi (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:14:10 PM

If your heart is set on the L3+, I suggest Eastshore.xyz
If you just want good hardware, I'd also suggest waiting for the next D3 batch to pop up on Bitmain (there was one last night that sold out in an hour, but I imagine there will be a lot more), or you could wait till Bitmain sells their next L3+ batch no idea when that'll be tho...

OR I think Bittawm (legendary bitcointalk member) may have some September batch D3s he'd be willing to sell.

Holy Crap!  I just ran the numbers on the D3.  It pays for itself in less than 2 weeks!  LOL.  My heart was set on the L3 because I thought it paid for itself the fastest.  I think my heart is set on the D3 now.

I also have a few Ibelink DM11gs arriving soon. I might consider selling one at a premium if you're interested. Bought them to mine with, were hard to get, and will be able to mine soon, before some of these other models effected the difficulty.

Still, I might consider if the price were right. PM me if you're interested.
ekrififi (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:16:43 PM

Has anybody here successfully ordered from Hardware Bros?

They've been posting recently on Dash and Bitcointalk forums.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2015201.new#new

http://hardwarebros.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=66

They accept Paypal, and their prices seem a good mix of mark up and reasonable.

BUT they don't seem to have been around for very long, so it's hard to establish their legitimacy.

Any experience / insight wouldmbe greatly appreciated.
Deep In The Mines LLC

Activity: 162

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 11:19:09 PM

We are legit   Tongue

Deep In The Mines LLC Cryptocurrency miners, power supplies, breakout boards and accessories!

Authorized Biostar and Silverstone Reseller.
ekrififi (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:54:38 PM

We are legit   Tongue

That's cool. Would you happen to have any satisfied customers you can point our way, or links to bitcointalk threads that chronicle successful trades?

It's just "i am legit" isn't as concrete as what we usually go on...
tboudre

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:55:01 AM

I found on the Bitmain forum:

"I received Antminers L3+ S9 T9 D3 R4 for a cheap price"

http://coinfactory.in

Posted by SteveBrian

LEGIT or QUIT?

I think someone referenced possibly a thread with an official list maintained, or is this it?
couponmeup

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:53:32 PM

CoinFactory has BitMain's office number on the bottom of the page?
cyberpitstop

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Doe anyone know anything about bithardware.net I was looking through some stuff on ebay and in one of the ads on the bottom of the screen showed this company. I tried to google them but nothing really came up. I looked through BCT forum and didn't see anything listed about these guys if anyone know anything about them let me know what you know.
thx Shocked Huh
couponmeup

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 12:05:05 AM

Back to:
https://www.newasic.com/
This one is interesting.
He is responsive.
Has anyone actually received something from them?
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 12:06:57 PM

UNKNOWN

AsicMinerMarket.com - Adding this site to the unknowns... they SEEM very legit, mainly because they sell out a LOT, so if they ARE scammers, they're missing out on a lot of fake sales. Right now, the only miner not sold out is a 3.6 T A6... which would make you about 5 dollars in profit a month, so it makes sense they'd have a surplus... BUT I've never bought from them personally.

Stay away from these guys I ordered something small through them and they never sent never replied even on paypal weeks waiting overtime for delivery so I got paypal to refund. Thank god I used paypal

CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 01:32:54 PM

We are legit   Tongue

That's cool. Would you happen to have any satisfied customers you can point our way, or links to bitcointalk threads that chronicle successful trades?

It's just "i am legit" isn't as concrete as what we usually go on...

i am a satisfied Deepinthemines customer Smiley
They built a rig for me, wonderfully done, few months ago, and recently i purchased a new BTC-pro250 from them, it came quickly and no problems, its operating as i type (the rig he built for me and the board i got from him) haha

Also, thx for making this thread! Newbs need this shit!

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
radiera

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

ॐ http://goaco.in ॐ

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 05:25:49 PM

some one has buy from them ?
https://szdihao.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.4OdDPt

they so legit,, from trans and rate... and review they got antminer l3+

and they accept btc too

can review it ?

▄       ▄
      ▐█▄    ▀█▌     ▄█
       ▐██   ██▌   ▄██▀
▄██▄▄   ▐██  ██   ▄██▀
  ▀▀██▄▄  █▌██ ▄▄██▀
      ▀██▄▐▌█ ██▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄███▄▄██▀ █▄██▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀
▀ ▀  ▀  ▀ ▄█ █▄▄▄▄
       ▄██▀ █▐█▀▀▀██▄▄
      ███▌ ▀█ ▐█▌   ▀██▄
     ███▌  ▐█▌▀▐█▌    ▀█
    ████    █▌  ██
   █████   █▀    █
goacoin
PoW, Masternodes, ASIC Resistance, NeoScrypt
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ⚫ ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER         |        ANN THREAD        |         TELEGRAM
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████▀▀   ████▄
▄████████████▀   ██ ▐█████▄
████████▀▀▀▀       ▄███████
██████▀           █████████
██████▄ ▄▄▄     ▄██████████
▀███████████    ██████████▀
 ▀█████████▌  ▄██████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
SUPER FAST
TRANSACTIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
 ▄████████▌     ▐████████▄
▄████████▄       ▄████████▄
████████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████
████████▀  ▄   ▄  ▀████████
███████    ▐▀ ▀▌    ███████
▀██████     ▌ ▐     ██████▀
 ▀██████▄         ▄██████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
SECURITY &
ANONYMOUS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀  ▀███████▀  ▀████▄
▄█████▄  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█████▄
█████ ▀▀▀█▌     ▐█▀▀▀ █████
█████   ▄▄█▄   ▄█▄▄   █████
████████    ▀▀▀    ████████
▀██████             ██████▀
 ▀█████             █████▀
  ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
GROWING
COMMUNITY

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
nemesisdelta7

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 03:48:47 PM

first off, this topic probably really helped save a lot of money from falling into the wrong hands( i sound like comic book), congrats on that
since we somewhat established the legitimacy of eastshore.xyz, they are selling an antminer s9 for $1699 isn't it a bit cheap, am i wrong? or could they be slipping from grace or this is nothing to worry about

its my first post, so cheers to this bunch
helen_davis87

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:17:10 PM

i am a satisfied Deepinthemines customer Smiley
They built a rig for me, wonderfully done, few months ago, and recently i purchased a new BTC-pro250 from them, it came quickly and no problems, its operating as i type (the rig he built for me and the board i got from him) haha

Also, thx for making this thread! Newbs need this shit!

good to know! Was looking at this site for quite a while, but wasn't sure of legitimacy.
Ign08

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:01:46 PM

good to know! Was looking at this site for quite a while, but wasn't sure of legitimacy.

Well you can never be sure on your own.

By the way has anybody heard of https://www.bitmainmasters.com ? I've been hearing about it on multiple occasions. Most of my references are quite positive. There are also some words of caution and weird baseless accusations, obviously, but no real BAD ones. I'm actually lwant to hear if someone has done business with them.
Wrxtasy

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:54:49 PM

Sorry to say it... Looks like a scam. Theres many of these fake sites out there preying on new buyers. No escrow, only take bitcoin, etc, generic gmail address, wix website... all red flags. Plus the D3 is a huge flag!
ekrififi (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:18:07 PM

Thank you for the kind words. I'm sorry I have been neglecting this thread.

I really like it, and would like to continuously update a master list based on experiences...

I know it's too late to make that Eastshore buy, but I have had nothing but great experiences from them... i bought a lot of L3+s from them, a few D3s and some PSUs (Liteons and apw3++)

They always delivered, either on time or early. The reason their prices are low is they just bulk buy from Bitmain et al, then tack on a $400-800 (well deserved) premiun. A lot of times after a Bitmain sale closes, Eastshore is updating their site, taking orders.

I do not work for Eastshore, I promise..., but maybe I should. I think they're my favorite...

first off, this topic probably really helped save a lot of money from falling into the wrong hands( i sound like comic book), congrats on that
since we somewhat established the legitimacy of eastshore.xyz, they are selling an antminer s9 for $1699 isn't it a bit cheap, am i wrong? or could they be slipping from grace or this is nothing to worry about

its my first post, so cheers to this bunch
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:00:56 PM

Anybody try with antminersshop.com Huh?

From his adress they have got office near Bitmain ? Is this real ?

I see this site is low quality site dude but I have not used this site buy the hardware. I still goes with the resellers in my country and for the GPU in the local electronic market as well.
Nope, if you want to buy the hardware like ASIC and PSU and all you have to go with the bitmain site to buy it. There are many scam site revolving around the internet so be careful and research more about this site dude.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: