Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:07:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to get BTC in the UK?  (Read 1099 times)
MartinReynolds

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:08:13 PM

Ah, then just stick to that.
jlchcc

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:45:43 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2013, 08:16:10 AM by jlchcc

If you want a detailed explanation about how to buy BTC, go to my blog: http://howtogetbitcoinsuk.blogspot.co.uk

I update with new methods (when I find some), any question, let me know
coinboing

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:34:20 PM

If you want a detailed explanation about how to buy BTC using Tranzfers, go to my blog: http://howtogetbitcoinsuk.blogspot.co.uk

I update with new methods (when I find some), any question, let me know

Nice blog
demoniality

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:08:23 PM

If you bank with barclays you can do it without even leaving your home, you can do it online in a few minutes.
 The actual transfer takes a couple of days though.
As long as you've signed up to their pin sentry system your good to go!.

This doesn't work anymore though does it? Unless your talking about using barclays to buy btc on one of those ripoff buyer to seller sites and not with a major exchange?

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
m14yen

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 08:43:47 PM

Interesting but the prices are well over Bitcoin exchange prices, the localbitcoin prices are all over the place, looks abit dodgy to me.

ive used a few of the "sellers" on localbitcoin. fast, easy and safe so far.
the prices do fluctuate a fair bit you just have to a clsoe keep an eye on the prices
IdiotHole

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:15:00 PM

From a UK bank account you can use a free Faster Payment transfter into CurrencyFair.com.  You need to have a verified account in CurrencyFair - similar to the Gox verification system but much faster.

Once you have funds in CurrencyFair, you can trade for Euros then SEPA transfer from there into Bitstamp for a €3.

Bitstamp offer free BCT withdrawals so you can move money from there to other exchanges.
efc17

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:17:29 PM

Interesting but the prices are well over Bitcoin exchange prices, the localbitcoin prices are all over the place, looks abit dodgy to me.

* I have used bitbargain for several purchases and sales myself and I can confirm it is legit.

It uses a straight forward transfer via 'UK Bank transfer' / 'Barclays PINGIT' / 'OKPAY' to name a few.

There are no hidden charges. 

I used to use blockchain.info before they had to stop deposits.  TBH although the rates may seem high on bitbargain, once you factor in commission etc. from other methods the price is actually quite good if you watch and wait you can get a 'bargain'.

I haven't had any experience with localbitcoins yet ... probably because I live in a small town .. I never met anyone here who's even heard of BTC yet.

give bitbargain a try (even a small amt) its very straight forward.

hope this helps.

3KNSWuue88Rtn9GY6XV3tQTQUd3MwaDuKW
MFqZJ2YQzuFMKSNqmu8uh6xoqqM3FDFrwt
https://www.gate.io/hodl?ref=3553
penguinn

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:27:45 PM

Yeah, seems like a problem here in USA too... if anyone knows any easy ways. let me know for USA. Thanks!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: