Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:29:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "listunspent" call for multi-sig addresses?  (Read 829 times)
cypherpunks (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:26:51 AM

I want to find out the unspent transactions for a multi-sig address, so I know how to properly spend funds from the address. How can I do this? listunspent just seems to return an empty array for all multi-sig addresses.

I'm writing a script so need to figure out how to do this programmatically.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:05:42 AM

I just tested it by sending 0.1 BTC to a multisig address, and it shows up instantly in listunspent.

Does your node actually know that address?  Does it have enough keys to redeem transactions sent to it?

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
cypherpunks (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:44:49 AM

Ah, okay, well first I either misused or found a bug in the unspent ["address",...] command. It didn't work when I put brackets around a single address, but only with no brackets.

Second, the way this will work, nobody will ever have all the keys to redeem the transaction, they will be signed independently and only the signed transactions will be shared. So listunspent seems not to work in that case.

Is there any way I can glean this info from a bitcoind client? Or do I have to use something like the blockchain.info api to find unspent transactions for arbitrary multisig addresses?
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:14:52 AM

Ah, okay, well first I either misused or found a bug in the unspent ["address",...] command. It didn't work when I put brackets around a single address, but only with no brackets.

Second, the way this will work, nobody will ever have all the keys to redeem the transaction, they will be signed independently and only the signed transactions will be shared. So listunspent seems not to work in that case.

Is there any way I can glean this info from a bitcoind client? Or do I have to use something like the blockchain.info api to find unspent transactions for arbitrary multisig addresses?

Correct.  listunspent is the list of transaction outputs that are spendable right now, by this node.  This is not particularly useful for split key systems, but we don't have anything better so far.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
cypherpunks (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:26:35 AM

Thanks, I suspected that would be the case.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: