Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 03:26:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeHill Spam  (Read 8249 times)
PHPAdam (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:21:51 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2011, 08:33:39 AM by PHPAdam

Delivered-To: x@x.com
Received: by 10.52.183.73 with SMTP id ek9cs4491vdc;
        Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:15:17 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.91.72.28 with SMTP id z28mr5024515agk.61.1308525316970;
        Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:15:16 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <goemitar@bonecrusher.gulfsouthmedia.com>
Received: from bonecrusher.gulfsouthmedia.com (bonecrusher.gulfsouthmedia.com [209.223.236.66])
        by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id f2si9221695anb.176.2011.06.19.16.15.16
        (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=OTHER);
        Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:15:16 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of goemitar@bonecrusher.gulfsouthmedia.com designates 209.223.236.66 as permitted sender) client-ip=209.223.236.66;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of goemitar@bonecrusher.gulfsouthmedia.com designates 209.223.236.66 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=goemitar@bonecrusher.gulfsouthmedia.com
Received: from goemitar by bonecrusher.gulfsouthmedia.com with local (Exim 4.69)
   (envelope-from <goemitar@bonecrusher.gulfsouthmedia.com>)
   id 1QYRD2-0004XV-Fn
   for x@x.com; Sun, 19 Jun 2011 18:15:16 -0500
To: x@x.com
Subject: Mt Gox has been hacked
X-PHP-Script: www.goemitar.com/mailto.php for 84.194.195.139, 173.245.53.210
Message-Id: <E1QYRD2-0004XV-Fn@bonecrusher.gulfsouthmedia.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 18:15:16 -0500
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - bonecrusher.gulfsouthmedia.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - x.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [639 634] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - bonecrusher.gulfsouthmedia.com

Dear Sir or Madam,

A few hours ago the Bitcoin trading website Mt Gox has been hacked. Malicious individuals have been able to obtain a database containing usernames, email address and encrypted passwords. This information has been posted publicly on the internet.

As a Bitcoin supporter I'm now sending a message to every email address contained in the hacked database. This is to warn you that your username, email address and password have been leaked. I therefore strongly advice you to change your passwords. If you have used the same password on different websites it's highly recommended to change your password on all of your accounts!

For a more secure alternative to Mt Gox, the community appears to be moving to TradeHill. So this is no reason to lose faith in Bitcoin itself. It must be seen as a warning that not every website can be trusted with your data however! Their link is http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R15683 (Note: You can remove the Referral Code when registering if you want!) This is certainly not the only website where you can exchange Bitcoins, also check out http://www.thebitcoinlist.com/dp_bitcoin/bitcoin-exchange/

Sincerely,

A Bitcoin supporter
1CWSjov2N7ix41bZ8bJfHXkdLLbkUsG9Y7

I for one, think that TradeHill should block referrer TH-R15683 from any commission.

This is not the way we want to grow our business. At the very least we will remove all the referrals from this users account.

I want to make it very clear that TradeHill is not spamming the compromised user list from Mt Gox.

Posting his personal information would violate our privacy terms which we take very seriously.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:24:59 PM

I'm with you on that one, just got the email as well.

I think they should go one step further and ban the account/email associated with it.
tito13kfm

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:30:01 PM

Go one step further.  Release email/ID associated with it so we can let him know what we think of using the panic as a money making opportunity.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:31:50 PM

Go one step further.
We should find him, torture him and cut him in pieces

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
ddod

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:33:05 PM

How come no one has questioned where this jerk/spammer got all of our emails (I got one too).  So either the hacked DB was leaked (which I haven't read yet) or this guy was was involved.

Edit:
I just saw the link to the hacked database.  This guy is still a tool.
DamienBlack

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:33:19 PM

One step further, find their parents, a time machine and birth control and do the right thing.
DamienBlack

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:35:13 PM

How come no one has questioned where this jerk/spammer got all of our emails (I got one too).  So either the hacked DB was leaked (which I haven't read yet) or this guy was was involved.

Umm... yeah, about that. You're a little behind. There is a leaked DB, everyone already has a copy.
RandyMarsh

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:35:38 PM

Agreed, Devious little douche-bag capitalizing on the panic of others, cant say i didnt expect it though... there now exist a mailing list of say 80% of every seruois bitcoin user in existance.

I pulled the percentage outta my ass, its immaterial really. Just a large database valulable even without the passwords

Stan?! STAN?!?!
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:37:58 PM

I'ts on rapidshare  Wink

I got the email 5 times, this is stupid and I hope they just delete this guy his account.  Angry

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
sammoocow

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:38:52 PM

I don't really see what's wrong with this. He even said you can remove the code. Besides that it actually is an informative email. He's just giving you a sort of voluntary place to tip?
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2011, 11:39:24 PM

This is not the way we want to grow our business. At the very least we will remove all the referrals from this users account.

I want to make it very clear that TradeHill is not spamming the compromised user list from Mt Gox.

Posting his personal information would violate our privacy terms which we take very seriously.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:41:45 PM

I don't really see what's wrong with this. He even said you can remove the code. Besides that it actually is an informative email. He's just giving you a sort of voluntary place to tip?
+1

At the very least we will remove all the referrals from this users account.
Why?
As said just above, he even said one's could remove the referral code

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:44:42 PM

I wouldn't say a thing, maybe just someone trying to get some cut of the compromised list.
But... Damn! 5 times the same email! At least I hope the s(c)pammer to control his spam machine to not send more than 1 email to each...

EDIT: Make it 7, while I was writing this got 2 more emails in the same box!

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
mr-sk

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:46:28 PM

Got it too - one man's shit storm is another man's money making opportunity.

Telegram
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:50:03 PM

Go one step further.
We should find him, torture him and cut him in pieces
I'd save that for the guy that set up a website handling millions of dollars' worth of other people's money without even basic security precautions. At least those e-mails are vaguely useful. He or she is even recommending a sensible replacement for Mt Gox; as far as I know Tradehill's the only bitcoin trading site that no-one's found CSRF vulnerabilities on yet, which hopefully means they're actually taking security seriously.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:50:47 PM

Thank you, glad to hear action will be taken against this individual.  It's one thing to make a forum post, but a totally different beast to use the emails from the leaked DB.
RandyMarsh

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:53:44 PM

For one thing MtGox already sent out a lovely "informative" Email to every effected user, and only one per user at that Grin. And They didnt try to drum up a few shillings out of the disaster like this chap

Stan?! STAN?!?!
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2011, 11:54:02 PM

+1

At the very least we will remove all the referrals from this users account.
Why?
As said just above, he even said one's could remove the referral code

We simply cannot condone using stolen information to promote TradeHill.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
jhansen858

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:54:46 PM

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=19619.msg246455#msg246455

Cant tell if it was him sending it or the first to report it...

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
je_bailey

Activity: 18
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2011, 11:56:01 PM

I'd save that for the guy that set up a website handling millions of dollars' worth of other people's money without even basic security precautions. At least those e-mails are vaguely useful. He or she is even recommending a sensible replacement for Mt Gox; as far as I know Tradehill's the only bitcoin trading site that no-one's found CSRF vulnerabilities on yet, which hopefully means they're actually taking security seriously.

No need to to go overboard. If Mt.Gox had NO security precautions then there passwords would have been in the clear, OR they would have actually lost the bitcoins out of their back end wallet.

Just because tradehill hasn't been compromised means absolutely nothing. Why would anybody even bother? All the current traders are on Mt. Gox. since you have no idea what security Tradehill has, then implying that they are doing something better then Mt. Gox is just spreading a false sense of security.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: