Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:15:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need to find a way to hedge BTC through long-term shorting  (Read 391 times)
ccoinca (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 02:52:38 AM

I'm shopping around for the best way to get short exposure to bitcoin for a hedging position.

Just checked Bitmex and the fees are too high. Same with Poloniex. Any other short options?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dude.Lebowski

Activity: 129
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 07:08:03 AM

I'm shopping around for the best way to get short exposure to bitcoin for a hedging position.

Just checked Bitmex and the fees are too high. Same with Poloniex. Any other short options?

In other words you want to sell your Bitcoin. If pretending to sell your Bitcoin is too expensive then sell it for real! Smiley

Okay. The old man told me to take any rug in the house.
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 905

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:04:52 PM

In other words you want to sell your Bitcoin. If pretending to sell your Bitcoin is too expensive then sell it for real! Smiley

There is a difference between selling and hedging.Obviously the OP doesn`t want to sell his bitcoins.
Hedging fees might seem high,but selling and bying btc is also expensive.
I don`t think that the bitcoin price will go gown  so i wouldn`t recommend hedging,but the OP
has the right to do whatever he wants with his bitcoins.

PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:40:54 PM

Could you elaborate little more ? What you are looking for exactly ? Poloniex allows you to go for shorting at first hand ? How to do hedging with any exchange ?
If you are explaining what you are preferring other than lower fees, I believe many traders here may come with an appropriate answer for your need. As far as I know, no cryptoexchanges are allowing shorting like we do in forex trading.
ccoinca (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:34:27 PM

Could you elaborate little more ? What you are looking for exactly ? Poloniex allows you to go for shorting at first hand ? How to do hedging with any exchange ?
If you are explaining what you are preferring other than lower fees, I believe many traders here may come with an appropriate answer for your need. As far as I know, no cryptoexchanges are allowing shorting like we do in forex trading.

Basically I am seeking to offset the risk of being long bitcoin, by being short bitcoin simultaneously.

I know doing this without high fees seems unlikely.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: