Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:18:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to mine any coin right now with laptop/computer ?  (Read 1750 times)
mishra19 (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:32:33 PM

I have heard that bitcoin earlier could be miner by the computer CPU's but now its not possible.
I wanted to know is this possible with any other coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 12:34:01 PM

I have heard that bitcoin earlier could be miner by the computer CPU's but now its not possible.

It's possible but no profitable.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:37:44 PM

It's possible to mine any coin, but you won't see worthwhile profits.
If you mine on a laptop, you will accelerate it's death due to extreme heat, and you won't make ANY money.
CPU mining on a desktop could potentially earn you half a dollar a day if you mine something like XMR, but it's just not worth it.
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 01:30:58 PM

Sure possible, but you make very little money, even if the electricity is free. You would need a dedicated miner, or graphics card, in order to mine coins. You can mine different altcoins (definitely not bitcoin) quite effective with a low cost rig. But with laptop i would suggest not to.
okbit

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 01:49:20 PM

You can mine Artbyte with your cpu, directly from the wallet. It is profitable.

Mining instructions
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 02:21:36 PM

not profitable, other than that I think will only accelerate the damage of your laptop/computer. mining currently more popular with GPU series RX, because it is very profitable Smiley

que91

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 03:20:14 PM

It can good in 10 years ago, but in today every miners know mining and will mining altcoin can take more profit best. Now, if you want mining with CPU, you need have bulk vps and core, maybe 3000 core if you want earning money from mining XMR, XZC ... ( this is some coins can mining with CPU)
Machanto

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 03:20:42 PM

It is possible to mine almost anything you want whether you already have a laptop or personal computer for your gaming or work.
The real question is: Will it be profitable? Especially on a laptop most of the time the answer will be no.
On a PC however depending on the hardware it might be worthwhile to give it a try.
CryptoDude2727

Activity: 279

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:27:32 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2017, 12:13:38 PM by CryptoDude2727

Look into BURST/burstcoin... it uses free HDD space to mine.  Very energy efficient and eco/green friendly.  Two best sites for info... http://www.burst-team.us and burstnation.com.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 02:56:44 AM

I can make over $3/day CPU mining with an AMD Ryzen 1700X @ 4.0 ghz on AEON.... so CPU mining can be quite worthwhile if you have a beefy CPU to start with. You won't get rich doing it, but it can help to pay for itself if you buy a Ryzen CPU for a new build.
Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:09:37 AM

As people said Yes but your making your computer at risk since it is easily to broke and prone to Overheat, So much better if you build your own rig so that you can feel the profit for yourself rather than putting your computer at risk. And Be More Educated about mining so that you can learn on how to execute and earn from this thing.

DreamCrusherFTW

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:20:30 AM

Yes but only for mining algorithms that are new or haven't been GPU/FPGA/ASIC hacked yet.

HOdlcoin for instance although with every CPU only coin these days CPU bots and free cloud computing trials are rampant.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1317918.0
mishra19 (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:33:58 AM

Hmmm okay thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Here no one talked about monero,i heard monero is possible to mine with cpu with some profit as well.
Happydd

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:21:04 AM

It's possible, yes, but it will harm your computer and the profits when you mine can not be bigger than your eclectronic bills, computer fixing, etc (lol)
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:38:49 AM

You can mine Artbyte with your cpu, directly from the wallet. It is profitable.

Mining instructions
Thanks for information but is really worth that mining this coin Huh will that gain value in future . Any future insight on this coin would be much appreciate
niisarearning

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:41:31 AM

Here no one talked about monero,i heard monero is possible to mine with cpu with some profit as well.
Fine but could you recommend good system configuration for mining Monero. I mean desktop or laptop. Assume that i have good internet and electricity for Free Then can i able to make profit by just investing for good configuration computer or laptop Huh
gomei

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:54:34 AM

It's possible to mine any coin, but you won't see worthwhile profits.
If you mine on a laptop, you will accelerate it's death due to extreme heat, and you won't make ANY money.
CPU mining on a desktop could potentially earn you half a dollar a day if you mine something like XMR, but it's just not worth it.

Agree, there are profession team working on this ,they have professional equipment, so it is not profitable.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:47:38 PM

Fine but could you recommend good system configuration for mining Monero. I mean desktop or laptop. Assume that i have good internet and electricity for Free Then can i able to make profit by just investing for good configuration computer or laptop Huh
Nope, It would be a waste of time use your laptop to do this, instead of that better read, learn, participate giving opinions or things like that, it's the best thing you can do with with your laptop.
Virman01

Activity: 402

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:54:22 PM

I think if you mine with a laptop it would be very dangerous for your laptop, I think you should use a computer to do the mining, it might make it easier for you to get the kind of coin you want. That's all if your computer is really very worth doing mining.
Fantum

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:37:08 PM

You could check out https://whattomine.com/

There are a few coins that are cpu only mining. I think verium is one. Aeon is not bad to mine, it wll increase in value, can use minergate for convenience. Better profits if you set up the cryptonight miner, make sure you use linux or ubuntu. Or try this https://github.com/shyba/aeon-stak-cpu.  You can also mine it with the aeon wallet. Make sure you use a pool as well.

You need to have cheap electricity and you won't get rich, but even with a couple 5 year old laptops you can mine a few dollars a day. Hold the coins and wait till they are worth 10 times more.

There is also folding coin.
CryptoClown

Activity: 261
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:33:11 PM

Minergate has a few where you can make a little money.  Not going to get anything serious with just a personal computer though.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:33:44 PM

YOu can try vericoin in the official website, vericoin is cpu mining friendly. I never tried but you no need difficult set up, you just download the miner software and the wallet. YOu can use CPU. Vericoin price is also good , it is about 0.0001 btc. You can sell it on bittrex. I think it is a good coin. It was built since 2013 if am not wrong. you can go to official website.
sotirispngt

Activity: 107

Security Analyst | WebApp Developer

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:59:58 PM

I tried once and my laptop was about to explode from overheating.
I wouldn't suggest it. Don't risk a $600 laptop (example) for just some cents a day.
silverkamote

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:56:04 AM

yes its possible. you Will need to download a mining software but it depends in your gpu if your gpu is low quality then you wont make that much btc. i suggest for you is to buy a dedicated mining hardware it now available in ebay.
innergy

Activity: 685

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:55:58 AM

Yes, it's possible.. look at Credits (CRDS)
They had en excellent start 2 day ago and it's a CPU-only solo mining coin.

I got some blocks with my i3 and Core 2 Duo on another machine.. Wink
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:09:23 AM

Yes it is possible to mine with computer, you can try BURST coin you just need 1tb+ HD the more HD you have the more burst coin you can mine, I am planning also to mine BURST coin, you can either Gamble or exchange Burst coin to other altcoin or to Bitcoin. If you are interested just check burstnation that is their official site.
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:00:09 AM

It's possible but no profitable.
This is not true, you can mine CRDS https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1944858.0 currently it is not on exchanges but can be traded on their slack chanel or here on this forum. And always it will be good opportunity for mining if you investigate on your own. If you only follow https://whattomine.com/.. your chances decreasing because big miners do not have time to inspect every little coin that come up, they are focused on those who are already on exchanges.
David Horton

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:33:56 AM

Yes, It's possible, you can use minergate application to mine different altcoins with your CPU, trust me it's user-friendly.
eagle10

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 09:36:22 AM

User friendly but expensive. You have to consider costs also. Not profitable to mine any coin on laptops or any PC unless you are in a cooler regions of the earth. It is very expensive to try if you are doing it alone. Maybe you can if you are planning to set up your company like genesis etc. in a colder place.
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:41:02 AM

Yes, it is possible but not profitable, even it will kill your computer if you use it for daily usage.
Hammonds

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:44:59 AM

It's possible,
But revenues earned from mining will be minimal and do not cover the cost for some laptop / computer repair and some other bills.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: