Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 03:25:30 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Predict the date for the 'Flippening' -  (Read 1651 times)
JNiks_ZLisa

Activity: 182
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:10:16 AM

'Flippening'
But ETH have fake market cap.
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:13:38 AM

I also don't think market cap is such an important thing. The bitcoin is still the leader of all the cryptocurrency. Though ETH are getting more and more attention, most of them are from the ICO projects, I do not think it will be the leader. Any way, the date I guess is 15th July 9:00. Grin
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:33:28 AM

Well surely it wasn't easy to comprehend for me but what I understand is that you think Ethereum has much bigger potential than bitcoin, because BTC is only a currency and ETH is many things and only lastly a currency.

But why do you say that if I invest in bitcoin I "will lose a shitload of value as ETH continues to rise like crazy"? Maybe people who invest in ETH will earn more, that's possible, but I think bitcoiners will be in profit too.

Bitcoin has been cripple by lunatics who are trying to take over.  It will operate as a 'store of value' (just like gold) for some time.  But as more and more systems are deployed on the Ethereum platform, people will continue to abandon bitcoin - even for the only good function for Bitcoin - store of value.  

The funny thing is everyone keeps saying bitcoin is good because of good merchant adoption and use as currency.  Use as currency is near zero. >$5 in transaction fees means for purchases less than $100 it is horrible.  Even if the fees were 0, the manner of paying via QR has very low adoption.  Bitcoin is a horrible currency.  Currency is the very dumbest of all the applications that can be built onto a blockchain.  Currency can easily be built onto Ethereum too.  But nobody gives a shit about that, they are working on important stuff instead.  

That's not true. Right now you can pay 74,580 satoshis and have your transaction confirmed in 30 minutes. And 74,580 satoshis is less than $2 now. I agree that it is still a lot when you want to transfer less than $50.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: