Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:43:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274739 times)
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 04:13:46 PM

Looks like I was premature in declaring the Bitstamp API fixed.

I have now completely uninstalled butter, re-installed 2.1.2 & re-setup the ap.  I am still getting this error...

Bitstamp: Error while buying BTC: __all__: You need $3.27 to open that order. You have only $3.1 available. Check your account balance for details.. Please contact use about that.

Announcement

Version 2.1.3 will be released in the next 5 minutes, again to deal with the Bitstamp issue. Please upgrade at your earliest convenience and do not hesitate to let me know if you still have issues. Please be sure to reset the bot thoroughly as described above Smiley.

Pablo.

v2.1.3 Report:

After a clean install (uninstall-reboot-reinstall-restart-reenter keys), Butter finally executed the trade on BitStamp it had been trying for the last couple of days, so we are getting closer.  It still will not update the BitStamp chart however; it stopped updating yesterday, and no new data has been added to it although the ap appears to be getting updated data when it polls.

Sean,
 Okay that's great. We will look into the chart issue now; the crucial thing is that it's trading accurately.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
msb8r

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 04:49:57 PM

I have now completely uninstalled butter, re-installed 2.1.2 & re-setup the ap.  I am still getting this error...

Bitstamp: Error while buying BTC: __all__: You need $3.27 to open that order. You have only $3.1 available. Check your account balance for details.. Please contact use about that.

Announcement

Version 2.1.3 will be released in the next 5 minutes, again to deal with the Bitstamp issue. Please upgrade at your earliest convenience and do not hesitate to let me know if you still have issues. Please be sure to reset the bot thoroughly as described above Smiley.

Pablo.

v2.1.3 Report:

After a clean install (uninstall-reboot-reinstall-restart-reenter keys), Butter finally executed the trade on BitStamp it had been trying for the last couple of days, so we are getting closer.  It still will not update the BitStamp chart however; it stopped updating yesterday, and no new data has been added to it although the ap appears to be getting updated data when it polls.

Sean,
 Okay that's great. We will look into the chart issue now; the crucial thing is that it's trading accurately.

Pablo.

From what I can tell it pulls the chart from bitcoincharts.com which is stuck as well.

New Bitcoin directory @ http://btcdir.org/
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 05:55:01 PM

Announcement

Pablo.

v2.1.3 Report:

Sean,

Pablo.

From what I can tell it pulls the chart from bitcoincharts.com which is stuck as well.

Hi Smiley,   
  Yep, we've looked into this issue and since we use BitcoinCharts for our feed we can't do much about this. We need to wait for them to fix the feed. THe good news is that V2.1.3 seems to have fixed the trading issue and everyones bot should be trading normally.The charts issue is a cosmetic issue and it will not affect trading; it should resolve itself shortly:).

Best,
  Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 07:12:20 PM

Butter has not updated GOX since 0830hrs this morning.  I suspect this is a GOX problem rather then a Butter problem, as I am having trouble accessing the GOX web site as well.  Just confirming others are seeing this too...?

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 07:47:09 PM

Butter has not updated GOX since 0830hrs this morning.  I suspect this is a GOX problem rather then a Butter problem, as I am having trouble accessing the GOX web site as well.  Just confirming others are seeing this too...?

Gox seems better now.

Could you please check if you still have the issue? If not, could you reset your bot and let me know if that helps?

Thank you Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
jimmut

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:35:46 PM

I'm kind of interesting in trading MACD. What do you think of using that as trading indicator or a way to incorporate that into the bot?
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 11:38:43 PM

I'm kind of interesting in trading MACD. What do you think of using that as trading indicator or a way to incorporate that into the bot?

Hi Jimmut Smiley
   We will be introducing alternate strategy modules to Butter-Bot with V3; MACD will most likely be one of them as it is widely requested Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 02:08:55 AM

Gox seems better now.

Could you please check if you still have the issue? If not, could you reset your bot and let me know if that helps?

Thank you Smiley.

Pablo.

Yep GOX is back online Smiley

Olimpiata

Activity: 99

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 08:34:38 AM

I would like to request a simple log feature, showing all buys and sells with the EMA, time, price, and current balance if possible. Having to look through MtGox's trading history can, especially after several automated orders, become quite a chore!

Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:37:42 PM

Hi Pablo,

Any sort of consensus reached on the arbitrage bot?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 01:41:21 PM

I would like to request a simple log feature, showing all buys and sells with the EMA, time, price, and current balance if possible. Having to look through MtGox's trading history can, especially after several automated orders, become quite a chore!

+1

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 03:20:58 PM

This will most likely be a feature in V3 Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 06:18:50 PM

Arbitrage Bot Update

Friends,
  We have been seriously looking into this idea (arbitrage bot) but we have run into a major snag, the only API that supports automated withdrawals and deposits for now is Mt. Gox. Ideally we would like to automate altcoin deposits and withdrawals across exchanges to make our bot as useful as possible but as it stands technically right now, it is not possible.

A couple of the exchanges we have queried have signaled that they are working on withdrawal and deposit features for their API's, but as things currently stand we don't know when or if those changes will go into effect.

Right now the best we could do would be an alert module to notify you, according to your settings, when arbitrage opportunities present themselves. Is this something that most of you would find useful?

We can commit to the fact that we will automate and develop the bot to the best of our ability as each exchange adds features to the API but the first release would be an alert module only.

We are looking for active feedback as to whether this is something the majority would find useful or whether our customers would rather we investigate stock market bots further and go from there.

We look forward to you feedback.

Thank you,
   Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 07:20:09 PM

Arbitrage opportunities are often fleeting, as the exchanges are reacting faster and faster to imbalances.  This leads me to believe that there are arbitrage bots working out there, they are just not being shared with us.

Because these opportunities have to be capitalized on so quickly, (often 60 seconds or less), some automation is needed to make it work. Even with the block on actual transfers between the exchanges, this could be accomplished thusly:

1.  A major trade occurs on GOX sending the exchange price into sufficient imbalance that a profit can be made.

2.  The bot senses that GOX>BTC-e & GOX BTC/LTC ratio > BTC-e BTC/LTC ratio, so it triggers a sale for a predetermined amount of BTC-to-LTC on GOX while simultaneously buying an equal amount of BTC-from-LTC on BTC-e.

3.  A message (email or txt) goes out to the trader to manually transfer the traded amount of BTC to GOX & LTC to BTC-e.  Once this occurs, the system is "recharged", and can fire again the next time the exchange bounces out of step with the other.

As we speak, the price of BTC is $8 more on GOX then on BTC-e.  The bot would see this, confirm that the BTC/LTC ratios are equal or at least friendly, and sell the 100 BTC I have sitting on gox into LTC and the equal amount of LTC into BTC on BTC-e.  I have to sit down & recharge the system by manually sending 100BTC back to GOX & the equivilant in LTC back to BTC-e, but I made $800 minus fees for my effort.

Make sense lol?

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 07:26:32 PM

Arbitrage opportunities are often fleeting, as the exchanges are reacting faster and faster to imbalances.  This leads me to believe that there are arbitrage bots working out there, they are just not being shared with us.

Because these opportunities have to be capitalized on so quickly, (often 60 seconds or less), some automation is needed to make it work. Even with the block on actual transfers between the exchanges, this could be accomplished thusly:

1.  A major trade occurs on GOX sending the exchange price into sufficient imbalance that a profit can be made.

2.  The bot senses that GOX>BTC-e & GOX BTC/LTC ratio > BTC-e BTC/LTC ratio, so it triggers a sale for a predetermined amount of BTC-to-LTC on GOX while simultaneously buying an equal amount of BTC-from-LTC on BTC-e.

3.  A message (email or txt) goes out to the trader to manually transfer the traded amount of BTC to GOX & LTC to BTC-e.  Once this occurs, the system is "recharged", and can fire again the next time the exchange bounces out of step with the other.

As we speak, the price of BTC is $8 more on GOX then on BTC-e.  The bot would see this, confirm that the BTC/LTC ratios are equal or at least friendly, and sell the 100 BTC I have sitting on gox into LTC and the equal amount of LTC into BTC on BTC-e.  I have to sit down & recharge the system by manually sending 100BTC back to GOX & the equivilant in LTC back to BTC-e, but I made $800 minus fees for my effort.

Make sense lol?

Everything except the LTC Mt. Gox part; Mt. Gox would have to majorly be out of the equation for altcoins since they don't trade any. As for the rest of your idea, I think that's what we had in mind Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 07:38:00 PM

I used GOX in the example because it will provide an opportunity in the day's & weeks after they get their much-delayed trade engine up & running.  They have made the statement that the engine will support LTC.  Those with a bot ready (or at least close) when this happens should be able to get in on some major arbitrage.

In the mean time, the bot would need to support the exchanges that already cater to alts.  Because the volume on these exchanges is low, there is considerably less coin to be made with these exchanges, but they are perfect for tuning the system on while we wait for bigger fish to present themselves.

I see such a bot as a rare opportunity to actually be a little ahead of the curve for once.  Smiley

duketogo

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 11:48:44 PM

Anybody care to share their recommended trailing stop loss setting?  Grin
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 12:06:58 AM

Anybody care to share their recommended trailing stop loss setting?  Grin

I'm going to jump in here suggest you do not use TSL until you have a solid feel for the bot as well as a solid feel for the mechanics of EMA.

We have the TSL feature because it was a feature requested by a very small group of expert traders for their own needs. Unlike the rest of the bot, which you can set and leave be to do it's work, TSL requires monitoring to avoid losses.

If after all of this you decide to use TSL, make it a large number, above 15% to identify a real crash from a market movement.

Please IM me if you have any questions Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
duketogo

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:27:24 AM

Thanks for the reply Pedro. Much appreciated.  Smiley
dark_silverstar

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:27:43 AM

couple question fellow bot trader

do i need to run this bot 24/7. how long did your bot make any transaction, right now my bot running a day without activity and using recommended setting from pablo

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: