Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:49:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Portfolio Tracker  (Read 454 times)
TeslaFreeEnergy (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 08:22:19 PM

Hi guys,

How do you manage your portfolio?
How big is it?
How many exchanges?
How many coins?

Any company providing good services?
I've tried
http://cryptotrack.com/index.php
http://www.coinfinance.com/
http://cointracking.info/globalstats.php
but they all lack something

Is there any company providing all exchanges data, market cap and volume, year of creation, etc etc?
I would like to see a userfriendly frontend with the posibilities of taking whatever data I want from their database
Any company there??

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 10:40:27 PM

I used to just keep a spreadsheet but that got annoying so I wrote a small C# tool that tracks Bittrex and some other APIs. Initially I wanted to only use Coinmarketcap's API but that one's terribly; some coins are basically never refreshed.

I've been looking for a site which tracks a whole bunch of coins but haven't find a decent one yet.

Not your keys, not your coins!
TeslaFreeEnergy (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 11:31:35 PM

I'm using the spreadsheet and it's really anoying to update it.
I can say I have a 1 month lag...  Cheesy
I'm a completely noob on coding but I'm trying to learn.  

Some q:
Where do you store the data picked from APIs? in spreadsheets? sql?
Do you have a server getting data 24/7? or you just get data once you give that order?
What do you use as frontend? spreadsheet?

Thanks!!
 Smiley

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 11:51:47 PM

I'm using the spreadsheet and it's really anoying to update it.
I can say I have a 1 month lag...  Cheesy
I'm a completely noob on coding but I'm trying to learn.  

Some q:
Where do you store the data picked from APIs? in spreadsheets? sql?
Do you have a server getting data 24/7? or you just get data once you give that order?
What do you use as frontend? spreadsheet?

Thanks!!
 Smiley

I don't store historical data. It just compares the balances of the selected coins either by reading the balance of an address from a block explorer API or with a quantity I manually enter. And it also reads the prices from APIs.

It refreshes the data every few seconds so it's not taxing on the API server and I get fresh information.

It tracks the changes compared to the last time the program was launched. The amounts/addresses and other data I enter is written to, and loaded from a simple .ini file which is really easy to use so I don't have to keep entering the same stuff. And I'm not really interested in long term historical data so there's no need for a database.

I can barely code so it's pretty much just a duct taped solution but I have yet to see a better solution and CBA to learn code better.

I also have another software that keeps track of masternodes; how long since the last payment, how many payments were made in the last X period, prjoected earning, etc. This is so masternodes that stopped for some reason are easily identified.

Not your keys, not your coins!
shackleford

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:59:37 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2016, 11:17:20 PM by shackleford

Hi guys,

How do you manage your portfolio?
How big is it?
How many exchanges?
How many coins?

#1 Quicken
#3 Many exchanges. (assume they will screw you, report your info, get hacked, flat out steal ). Cant wait for a good decentralized trading platform.
#4 Not many just a few I find worthy and I don't actively trade often. but its just a few clicks to add a coin and a click to enter the current price

Been using quicken or ms money since the 90's. I setup an account and enter in my holdings with custom ticker symbols & cost basis and manually update the value every few days using the info from coin market cap . This will show historical price data (that was entered).  Probably not the best for an active trader but good for holding and big picture asset allocation.

This method also works for physical precious metals using SLV / GLD while not completely accurate its close enough and  hassle free.
smockedcoconutus

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 11:39:20 PM

Hey buddy,

Check out http://coin.fyi/

- mobile friendly
- simple
- anonymous

Especially if you already got used to finance.yahoo.com or google finance, you might like it. If you have any feedback or what to see a specific feature please feel free to post it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1954436.msg19448627
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: