Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:13:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mistertango - Bitcoin friendly European Bank Account + free MasterCard  (Read 30519 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:21:15 PM

I see some people complain about the BTC exchange rate Mr.Tango uses. I ve seen complains of your exchange rate being 20% below Preev. Can you please clarify what exchange do you use?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:27:30 PM

I see some people complain about the BTC exchange rate Mr.Tango uses. I ve seen complains of your exchange rate being 20% below Preev. Can you please clarify what exchange do you use?

I don´t work for Mistertango, but I know that they use the following exchange:
http://btc-exchange.com/

You could sell 0.5 BTC at the following rates as of now:
Bitstamp 9235.84 €
BTC-Exchange 9038.03 €    (there are a few offers that are even cheaper, but they are <0.001 BTC therefore not really relevant)

crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:47:44 PM

Yes, this does not seem to be that bad. Anyone who uses the card can please confirm this?

ohzeih5n

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:27:13 AM

20$ monthly fee for non resident EU? Are you serious???

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
theoneintrouble

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:47:41 PM

But if you can't receive money from other people on your account, what's the point?

Moving money around your own accounts?

Bank transfers are never anonymous!. Each account has a very well identified owner. What am I missing here?

I agree with you.
That is actually the reason I want to use their service but I don't blame them for having strict KYC for incoming funds. I believe they should clearly state what documents they need for the proof of deposit payment. Unfortunately I don't see anything regarding that on their website.
BTC-exchange.com

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:31:35 AM

Hello I just received HERCUS Mastercard from mistertango but I don´t know where can I activate it I was looking into web site and I also checked app but there is nothing related with my card. Can anyone tell me where can I activate it? I would be very happy.

Thanks.

Use an app if you're a private person, and web if you have a business account.
kirmizz

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:05:44 AM

Hello I just received HERCUS Mastercard from mistertango but I don´t know where can I activate it I was looking into web site and I also checked app but there is nothing related with my card. Can anyone tell me where can I activate it? I would be very happy.

Thanks.

You should be able to activate the card from the Android iOS app only... Just open the app and w8 like 30 seconds and then. It will appear a message to activate your card...

I have waited for like 5 minutes and nothing.

I had the same problem. There was simply no card option in settings. But as soon I deactivated my VPN connection, I was able to activate the card.

cheers
kirmizz
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:36:52 PM

Thanks.

You should be able to activate the card from the Android iOS app only... Just open the app and w8 like 30 seconds and then. It will appear a message to activate your card...

I had the same problem. There was simply no card option in settings. But as soon I deactivated my VPN connection, I was able to activate the card.

cheers
kirmizz

Can you please share your experience using the card. How long did you wait to get it? How long did you wait to get verified? What kind of card is that? What are the fees and BTC exchange rate?

Thanks.

plethora

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:16:00 PM

I got verified in five minutes and got the card after one week. It's a Hercus MasterCard. Fee to load Bitcoin is 1% but minimum 0.0025 BTC when depositing and 0.005 BTC when withdrawing. BTC exchange is free and you can see all open orders at http://btc-exchange.com/
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:58:31 PM

Any issues with the card? Works fine?

makis22

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:37:24 AM

i received mine today. Havent activated yet, will do it soon. Yes its hercus card, so hopefully it lasts. I plan to deposit around 400-500 euro from my bitcoin wallet to test the card. So i can use for online and inshop purchases. I dont know if its best to use their bitcoin to euro system, or some other exchange method. Like sell to someone at better rates and they send a sepa/switch transfer to me. Cause i think as it is now, it wants around 23 euro for fees(0.0025 btc) to deposit money, plus the transfer fee, plus you are getting a worse sell rate for your bitcoin. Last time i cheked their exchange rate to sell your bitcoin is significantly  less than general current rate. For example, right now their sell rate is 8870 euro/btc at btc-exchange and general market value of 1 btc is around 8970 euro. So if you want to deposit 1 btc , you will get 100 euro less from this rate and 1% or minimum 0.0025btc fee (1% of 9k is around 90 euro isnt it??), plus transfer fees from your wallet. So in in 1btc we have around 200 euro in fees. This kinda sucks big time. Is my math wrong? Luckilly i dont have 1 full bitcoin to worry about loool.

I am kinda thinking whats the best ways to use this card. Like if someone owes me money, or wants to buy my bitcoin, or i sell something and want to get a payment..... i could give them my iban and they sepa/swift my money there. I think its best than using their exchange.  But i see some users saying that getting money from various sources is kinda sketchy and could cause problems. If i deposit btc to euro, like less than 1k euro per month and use it, will it cause problems?
kirmizz

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:17:11 PM

Thanks.

cheers
kirmizz

Can you please share your experience using the card. How long did you wait to get it? How long did you wait to get verified? What kind of card is that? What are the fees and BTC exchange rate?

Thanks.

Hi there,

I just received my card so I'm still testing it.  

After completing the verification it did take a week or so to get the card. The verification process itself was easy. I just needed my passport and a selfie. After that, the process was almost done instantly.

The app itself is quite crude and needs a lot of unnecessary permissions.
After the first login with user and pass a pin was set to secure the app.

The website has optional 2FA authentication with SMS but no google authenticator or yubikey.  

The card itself is a Mastercard from Hercus.
Here's a link to the pricing list: https://d168plm0n1qvjk.cloudfront.net/en/wp-content/uploads/Mistertango-pricelist.pdf

After completing verification I tested a Bitcoin transaction. The transaction was fast, the BTC where sold on Bitmarket.lt (btc-exchange.com) and transferred EUR to my account.

But there is a deposit fee of 1% or no less then 0.0025 BTC. The BTC withdrawal fee is 1% of transaction, but no less than 0.005 BTC.
There are no trading fees.

I simply do not know how often the exchange rates gets updated and how exactly they get calculated. From terms of use:

1.3. Client has a right to buy and sell cryptocurrency on Exchange's market price. Client understands and agrees that final price of market price deal is based on available cryptocurrency amount at respective price rate of demand and supply at that moment  

It's also possible to transfer EUR via SEPA or SWIFT.

Personally I think the fees are high and the app is crap (I was a Xapo customer before the wavecrest debacle, and their app was good). But the card was delivered within a week and so far I had no issues except from the card activation because of VPN usage. To see how reliable their service really is I need more time to use it.

Cheers
kirmizz
BrunoCarvalho

Activity: 31
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:30:12 AM
Merited by Lucius (2)

Hello.. I have the card i it just works everywhere, almost 500€ spended on stores in just a week!

The only "problem" is the fee you pay to load the card, but if you load high amounts you will not have this problem, for example, the fee of loading the card with 100€ or 2000€ its almost the same "aprox.25€" so if you top-up with high values its not that big of a deal! ATM withdrawals are fine too, but you can only withdraw 1 time per month free of fee, if you want to withdraw more you will pay 3€ fixed-fee for every time on that month, the withdrawal fee resets at the end of each month!

All the purchases in ePOS/POS stores are FEE-FREE so this is very good. As far as i know this is one of the best cards right now that still runs.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:23:32 AM

Thanks.

cheers
kirmizz

Thanks.

Hi there,

I just received my card so I'm still testing it.  

After completing the verification it did take a week or so to get the card. The verification process itself was easy. I just needed my passport and a selfie. After that, the process was almost done instantly.

The app itself is quite crude and needs a lot of unnecessary permissions.
After the first login with user and pass a pin was set to secure the app.

The website has optional 2FA authentication with SMS but no google authenticator or yubikey.  

The card itself is a Mastercard from Hercus.
Here's a link to the pricing list: https://d168plm0n1qvjk.cloudfront.net/en/wp-content/uploads/Mistertango-pricelist.pdf

After completing verification I tested a Bitcoin transaction. The transaction was fast, the BTC where sold on Bitmarket.lt (btc-exchange.com) and transferred EUR to my account.

But there is a deposit fee of 1% or no less then 0.0025 BTC. The BTC withdrawal fee is 1% of transaction, but no less than 0.005 BTC.
There are no trading fees.

I simply do not know how often the exchange rates gets updated and how exactly they get calculated. From terms of use:

1.3. Client has a right to buy and sell cryptocurrency on Exchange's market price. Client understands and agrees that final price of market price deal is based on available cryptocurrency amount at respective price rate of demand and supply at that moment  

It's also possible to transfer EUR via SEPA or SWIFT.

Personally I think the fees are high and the app is crap (I was a Xapo customer before the wavecrest debacle, and their app was good). But the card was delivered within a week and so far I had no issues except from the card activation because of VPN usage. To see how reliable their service really is I need more time to use it.

Cheers
kirmizz

Thank you for this in depth review, I am sure people here, including myself, appreciate it.
I agree with the previous comment, it seems this is the best option ATM.

It seems Wirex should start delivering their cards in about 2 weeks time. More competition will make them reduce their fees. Other then that, Mistertango seems OK.

Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 5543

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat⚔️

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 10:22:39 AM

Hello.. I have the card i it just works everywhere, almost 500€ spended on stores in just a week!

The only "problem" is the fee you pay to load the card, but if you load high amounts you will not have this problem, for example, the fee of loading the card with 100€ or 2000€ its almost the same "aprox.25€" so if you top-up with high values its not that big of a deal! ATM withdrawals are fine too, but you can only withdraw 1 time per month free of fee, if you want to withdraw more you will pay 3€ fixed-fee for every time on that month, the withdrawal fee resets at the end of each month!

All the purchases in ePOS/POS stores are FEE-FREE so this is very good. As far as i know this is one of the best cards right now that still runs.

Not so long ago deposit fee was 0.00500000 BTC,now they have reduce fee for 50% which is a very good move.Also for EU residents MasterCard is completely free for a period of three years.As far I know user can withdraw 200€ at ATM for free every month,after that fee is applied.

Since my old Android is not support MisterTango app(I hope to buy a new one soon) is phone app necessary for anything except for identity and card verification?

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
BrunoCarvalho

Activity: 31
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:34:14 AM

Not so long ago deposit fee was 0.00500000 BTC,now they have reduce fee for 50% which is a very good move.Also for EU residents MasterCard is completely free for a period of three years.As far I know user can withdraw 200€ at ATM for free every month,after that fee is applied.

Since my old Android is not support MisterTango app(I hope to buy a new one soon) is phone app necessary for anything except for identity and card verification?

Lucius, the Android app is only to check the balance and a list of operations!
meowflying

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:46:46 PM

How fast I can withdraw BTC after buying one in their exchange? Is it automatic process or needs manual approval?
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1323

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 01:44:03 PM
Merited by Lucius (3)

Found this on another thread and I think it will be good to post it here to inform more users.
And goodbye to this card too..

Dear Mistertango users,

We have some really bad news for you...
Due to the new regulations of "Mastercard" we can't issue card services for clients located outside Europe.
From the 2018-02-01 all "Mistertango" issued cards for non-EU clients will be disabled.
We are working hard to find new worldwide solution as fast as possible.
You will be still able to use your "Mistertango" account to receive and send SEPA and SWIFT transfers.

We are really sorry about this issue!

Sincerely,
Mistertango

On the positive side, they still allow SEPA and SWIFT transfers which means I can still load the account with coins and transfer Euros to my other accounts.
So, as I understand, EU based clients still will be able to use Mistertango card? Because I'm from EU and didn't got this notification.

Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 5543

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat⚔️

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 02:09:09 PM

Found this on another thread and I think it will be good to post it here to inform more users.
And goodbye to this card too..

Dear Mistertango users,

We have some really bad news for you...
Due to the new regulations of "Mastercard" we can't issue card services for clients located outside Europe.
From the 2018-02-01 all "Mistertango" issued cards for non-EU clients will be disabled.
We are working hard to find new worldwide solution as fast as possible.
You will be still able to use your "Mistertango" account to receive and send SEPA and SWIFT transfers.

We are really sorry about this issue!

Sincerely,
Mistertango

On the positive side, they still allow SEPA and SWIFT transfers which means I can still load the account with coins and transfer Euros to my other accounts.
So, as I understand, EU based clients still will be able to use Mistertango card? Because I'm from EU and didn't got this notification.

If this information is accurate then Mastercard is now only for EU residents,I hope it is not just a matter of time when it will cancel card for us too.Although I do not understand why card issuers have such attitudes if every user must verify account with ID card/passport + selfie,it is very easy to track and monitor every user anywhere in the world.

Lucius, the Android app is only to check the balance and a list of operations!

BrunoCarvalho, thank you for info-I will soon buy new phone and try Mistertango app Smiley

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
passthetzatziki

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:37:16 AM

Guys has anyone signed up for a corporate account with them? How long did it take to get approved after document submission?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: