Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:32:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mistertango - Bitcoin friendly European Bank Account + free MasterCard  (Read 30522 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Nightworker88

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:49:47 AM

Hello,

after all sh..t what happened last month with wavecrest,

i also opened an account at mistertango.

All went fine, verification super fast and easy, if you do not have an old damaged smartphone like me.

At the end i ordered a card, and some days ago i made a Sepa transfer to my grandmothers bank account -- but still not there!!

So somebody knows, how long they usually need?

In EU with Sepa it is normal about 24 hours-

Bad days for btc ---but don´t give up guys!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tithes

Activity: 15
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:19:21 AM

I can confirm these guys are legit, decent level of service in my opinion
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:37:40 AM

At the end i ordered a card, and some days ago i made a Sepa transfer to my grandmothers bank account -- but still not there!!

This could be your problem. Due to the increasingly restrictive regulations of the European
Union on financial transfers of any kind, a service like Mistertango is not allowed
to process transactions to bank accounts that belong to a 3rd party.

You should only make withdrawals to your own bank account, because otherwise
you will run into trouble. I would send an e-mail to the Mistertango support where you state
that you were not aware of this rule and that you will only do transfers from and to
a bank account in your own name in the future. Otherwise they will most likely
shut down your account.
der_markus

Activity: 103
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:41:56 AM

This could be your problem. Due to the increasingly restrictive regulations of the European
Union on financial transfers of any kind, a service like Mistertango is not allowed

you will run into trouble. I would send an e-mail to the Mistertango support where you state
that you were not aware of this rule and that you will only do transfers from and to
shut down your account.
I think that is not true!

I am using my MisterTango account like any other bank account.
I make a lot of transfers from and to third parties!

There is no problem at all.
plethora

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:00:24 PM

Agree. You can SEPA to any account however it will take two days. Not 24 hours.
xalyy

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:23:47 PM

shut down your account.

This isnt true at all... What would be the point of using a virtual bank account like mistertango if you could only send to your own bank account. The guy probaby have to contact the support.
Nightworker88

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:04:57 AM

THANKS for all answers, Smiley Smiley

just will wait for Monday and see if money arrived,

if not- then  i will contact support
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:54:48 PM

I can’t comment about SEPA transfers to third party accounts but those I sent weekly to my account in Germany usually arrived the following business day, some even arrived on the same day. Their SEPA service has so far always been flawless.

The issue might be at the receiving end of the transfer. If the receiving bank finds the transfer suspicious for whatever reason, they might put a hold on it or delay crediting of funds.

Anything can happen. Exchanges and banks are so unpredictable nowadays.

plethora

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:43:27 PM

It's not only the receiver who can put a transfer on hold. Mister Tango did put my outgoing SEPA transfer on hold and requested "documents" before releasing the transfer. My explanation of the purpose of the transfer wasn't enough. They need documents. It was my second large transfer. The first went through without any questions.
warningsigns

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:40:38 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 01:08:04 AM by warningsigns

It's not only the receiver who can put a transfer on hold. Mister Tango did put my outgoing SEPA transfer on hold and requested "documents" before releasing the transfer. My explanation of the purpose of the transfer wasn't enough. They need documents. It was my second large transfer. The first went through without any questions.

It’s not just Mistertango. I’m sure every bank flags and manually reviews large transactions. Have a look at this interesting list of flagging reasons:

https://www.ffiec.gov/bsa_aml_infobase/documents/red_flags/deposit_acct.pdf

Mistertango might have an automated transaction surveillance system which checks for red flags. If your SEPA transfer is captured for review, then there must be a reason. It could be the source of those funds. Was it an inward SEPA transfer from another person? They usually ask for documents in those cases. Another is, as I mentioned earlier, the amount. If it exceeds a certain threshold, then it might ring alarm bells.

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:48:17 PM

What kind of service these guys use to send their crypto card? Ordinary mail?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
warningsigns

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:09:38 AM

Generally ordinary mail but you can request them to send the card to you by courier (DHL or FedEx) if you're prepared to pay the courier fee. They sent mine by DHL. The process involves depositing enough money or coins into your Mistertango account to cover the courier fee.

If you request for DHL or FedEx they will respond with a quotation or price. They probably call the courier company in Vilnius first to check the cost of delivery to your country. If you respond and agree with the quotation, the courier fee will be taken from your Mistertango balance and the card will arrive quickly. I got mine within a few days.

bhantom

Activity: 673
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:23:31 AM

Do I understand correct that if i want to have Bitcoin Debit Mastercard I need to download the application on the phone and only then i can make verification?
warningsigns

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:37:43 AM
Merited by bhantom (1)

Do I understand correct that if i want to have Bitcoin Debit Mastercard I need to download the application on the phone and only then i can make verification?

Yep, that's the only way this works for a Mistertango account. The app has an integrated identity verification system called Jumio. It scans your ID or passport and takes a selfie of you holding that ID. It might ask you to blink your eyes to verify it's a live person and not a picture who is being verified.

It looks like it uses biometric facial recognition. It compares the selfie to the passport picture in real time.

plethora

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:50:39 PM

Mistertango might have an automated transaction surveillance system which checks for red flags. If your SEPA transfer is captured for review, then there must be a reason. It could be the source of those funds. Was it an inward SEPA transfer from another person? They usually ask for documents in those cases. Another is, as I mentioned earlier, the amount. If it exceeds a certain threshold, then it might ring alarm bells.
The source was the same as for the first transfer which wasn't captured. I also made a third large transfer which wasn't captured. However the captured transfer was the largest so you might be right that it exceeded a limit. All transfers were outgoing SEPA. I've only loaded the account with Bitcoin.
der_markus

Activity: 103
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:02:08 PM

The source was the same as for the first transfer which wasn't captured. I also made a third large transfer which wasn't captured. However the captured transfer was the largest so you might be right that it exceeded a limit. All transfers were outgoing SEPA. I've only loaded the account with Bitcoin.
Was this (captured) SEPA transfers to your own bank account or to a third party one?

I am also loading with bitcoins and doing SEPA transfers to (mostly) my own bank accounts.
BTC-exchange.com

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:31:34 AM

There's no such thing as crypto card. Mistertango's card is a regular Mastercard card. All the crypto "things" happen on our exchange due to our partnership with Mistertango.
BTC-exchange.com

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:02:27 PM

I see some people complain about the BTC exchange rate Mr.Tango uses. I ve seen complains of your exchange rate being 20% below Preev. Can you please clarify what exchange do you use?

Mistertango does not exchange BTC themselves in any way. The exchange is done via btc-exchange.com (aka bitmarket.lt/lv/ee) and then the money (EUR) is send to your Mistertango account.
Our exchange has procedures rates, that vary but usually differ in between 0,0025-0,005 BTC as a minimum charge.

So if you exchange a really small amount of btc, due to that minimal fee, you actually may suffer a huge fee percent-wise.

plethora

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:12:24 PM

Was this (captured) SEPA transfers to your own bank account or to a third party one?

I am also loading with bitcoins and doing SEPA transfers to (mostly) my own bank accounts.
No, it was sent to a third party account. I do not wish to use my own bank. That's why I use Mistertango Smiley
noahandtheshark

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:04:09 PM

Anyone have experience with receiving SWIFT payments to their Mistertango account? Tomorrow will be the fourth business day since payment was sent and still no sign of it being credited to the account.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: