Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:24:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is ETH?  (Read 1051 times)
Rokk0 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:05:23 PM

1. If I own ETH tokens I own shares to Ethereum Project too?

2. Big companies like Microsoft are using Ethereum technology, but are they using ETH currency or are they using their own currency?

3. Are there any stores that accept ETH as payment method?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:53:46 PM

1. They are not shares. More like comodity / currency. People need ether to run their dapps/contracts.

2. You're asking wether they are using private implementations or the public one. It really depends on the specific use cases. Some use cases don't need a public blockchain so they ll go private. Some use cases fit better on public so they're deployed on public. There are tons of projects in work for the public chain and some use the public one. Remember, it's a work in progress, the platform itself is still in beta.

3. There are places that accept eth, even the dark market. But it's not nearly as popular as BTC as a currency because, altough ether can be used as a currency, ethereum aims to become a platform for decentralized applications.
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:54:46 PM

ICO inception.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:17:47 AM

Good opportunity for many to make good money, but actually it is just the dust. When i see prediction over 1000$ per one ETH for what? For something which doesn't have defined supply, and already has many cheaper alternatives..Probably will find its place i 1-10$ price range.It is one big balloon! If you are smart use it for earning don't fall in love with it.
Thelmassey

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:31:15 AM

I never heard of any store accepting ETH as a method of payment.
Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:35:17 AM

Something we will never own.  Grin
dennyd999

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:00:43 AM

Not only Microsoft.

There is EEA Ethereum Enterprise Alliance.In this alliance are:

Companies from IT
Intel,IBM,Microsoft and others

Financial companies and banks
JP Morgan,Deutsche Bank,Goldman Sachs

National monetary institutes
Singapur,Russia,China

Industrial companies
Toyota,Samsung

dennyd999

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:02:49 AM

I never heard of any store accepting ETH as a method of payment.

Alphabay  accept ETH
ABYHou

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:10:34 PM

I thought ETH was simply used to pay the transaction fees for DAPP tokens that run on top of the ETH network.
Rokk0 (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:49:03 PM

Thank you all for replies!

If all big companies are using private implementation of Ethereum Project then ETH currency has no real value, is just a speculation? Can you give me an example of a big company that is using public chain?

If no company is using ETH then is just as safe as the other altcoins.

When I first bought bitcoin i did it blindly without knowing anything about crypto.

Now I wanted to exchange my bitcoin for other token I did some research. I don't want to offend anyone but it seems that all altcoins are just speculation, like ponzi schemes.

It seems that bitcoin is the only one accepted in a huge number of stores.Someone who mined a large number of bitcoins in early days, now he can live like a king without having to sell them for cash,he will never have to pay taxes and nobody will ever know how rich he is.And this makes bitcoin a monster compared to all other cryptos.

Is ETH valuable only because ICOs are using it and they are feeding each other in a big ponzi scheme?

I'm new to crypto and I don't want to offend any devs of product supporters, I'm just trying to understand in what I'm investing.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:51:45 PM

What is ETH?
SCAM

JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 09:32:34 AM

I would avoid this word, because can harm other people's investments. I'm just talking about IT as an investment, everything tells me that this must end up with dump. Real potential is overrated and it is not real. Support from those companies is just a dust thrown in your face and this is main reason for this pump.
xbiv2

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 09:41:07 AM

I would avoid this word, because can harm other people's investments. I'm just talking about IT as an investment, everything tells me that this must end up with dump. Real potential is overrated and it is not real. Support from those companies is just a dust thrown in your face and this is main reason for this pump.

Typical Ponzi scheme SCAM just before crash.
"investors" - some stupid ppl who trust Vitalik`s lie
Read the facts and numbers: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1962536.0

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:02:54 PM

2. Big companies like Microsoft are using Ethereum technology, but are they using ETH currency or are they using their own currency?

1. ETH is a token that has value if you own the token you own a token! and if the price goes up you make profit and if it drops you lose money. nothing more nothing less.

2. i would like to see a reference for this. and i am talking about the using part.
participating in a seminar, showing interest in the project, saying something about it, some employee of Microsoft making something with ethereum platform, or Azure listing it, ... these are not Microsofr or the others using it.
so far i have seen all these names people mentioned only show interest to know more about it so that they can implement their own stand alone version of it completely disconnected from etherum.

3. No. you may find some gambling sites listing it or some random person on the internet saying they are accepting ether but it is not used by any major and real store online because of lack of interest and high transaction fees.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
xbiv2

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:09:33 PM

1. ETH is a token that has value if you own the token you own a token! and if the price goes up you make profit and if it drops you lose money. nothing more nothing less.

2. i would like to see a reference for this. and i am talking about the using part.
participating in a seminar, showing interest in the project, saying something about it, some employee of Microsoft making something with ethereum platform, or Azure listing it, ... these are not Microsofr or the others using it.
so far i have seen all these names people mentioned only show interest to know more about it so that they can implement their own stand alone version of it completely disconnected from etherum.

3. No. you may find some gambling sites listing it or some random person on the internet saying they are accepting ether but it is not used by any major and real store online because of lack of interest and high transaction fees.

Also have 49.77% annualy inflation
and fake market capitalisation  -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1962536.0

Rokk0 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:16:02 PM

I don't think ETH is a scam!

I think people buying ETH are 10% speculators and 90% people like me, without technical background who didn't know in what they were investing.

Probably I would have invested when it was few dollars, but I'm late to the party, it is already raised to the sky and without a real value, even if it will raise more it's just pure speculation and very risky.

I'm not a speculator, I want to invest for at least 5 years so it's not for me.

Thank you all!
heppot

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:27:29 PM

Many people use ethereum platform as the basis of their project and will multiply in the future, how is it possible ethereum scam?
findingthemoon

Activity: 252
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:33:16 PM

ETH is similar to bitcoin you only own the currency which has a speculative value just like bitcoin (or for example gold). The high value of ETH however has more driving it than just being a currency which is in my opinion driven primarily by its token trade.

People need ETH to buy into ICOs and to pay for gas whenever they trade tokens. Buying in to ICOs is a one time thing per project (even though there are new projects all the time), but the transaction fees required for every trade is ongoing.

xbiv2

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:40:23 PM

ETH is similar to bitcoin you only own the currency which has a speculative value just like bitcoin (or for example gold). The high value of ETH however has more driving it than just being a currency which is in my opinion driven primarily by its token trade.

People need ETH to buy into ICOs and to pay for gas whenever they trade tokens. Buying in to ICOs is a one time thing per project (even though there are new projects all the time), but the transaction fees required for every trade is ongoing.

ETH have 49.77% annualy inflation
and fake market capitalisation  -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1962536.0
About bitcoin: https://pastebin.com/ZUxTmR99

Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:43:32 PM

I think if you hold and got ethereum at this days then your in the network ofcourse,using its service will make you a user of it and became into the network it self

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: