Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sold  (Read 2971 times)
ngin-x

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:27:01 AM

I sold about 10% of my stash. I'm not sure whether the bubble has burst or not, but I decided I'll take some profit (bought at sub $100). We might see $5000 or $10000 in the next few days, but I'm pretty sure the price will go down to $1500 (or even lower) at some point in the next few months or next year, and that's when I'll buy more. If that doesn't happen then it's fine, I'll invest in something else.

What do you think of my decision?

I don't think it's a bad idea to sell some at these high prices especially if you bought at such a low price. You have locked in some good profits even if the price doesn't drop.

I would expect a price drop and I could see it go as low as $1500 or lower if there was some sort of bad news. You will probably have a chance to buy back some of what you sold.

I would say still it's a bad idea becuase if you completely aware of bitcoin price movement from the starting time to now and adoption on block chain technology you will never do that now. If you wait till next halving sure bitcoin will on moon.

Going by your logic, there will never be a right time to sell. There will always be gains to look forward to in future. So do you expect people to hodl for life and take their coins to the graveyard or what?

Redeeming 10% for life's expenses at 26x profit is definitely a good move. Well done OP.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:58:58 AM

I sold about 10% of my stash. I'm not sure whether the bubble has burst or not, but I decided I'll take some profit (bought at sub $100). We might see $5000 or $10000 in the next few days, but I'm pretty sure the price will go down to $1500 (or even lower) at some point in the next few months or next year, and that's when I'll buy more. If that doesn't happen then it's fine, I'll invest in something else.

What do you think of my decision?
When it comes to selling Bitcoin, there is no way to tell when the price is going to drop or rise, unless you constantly check the news for every little story. Even then it will be quite hard to gauge what is going to happen to the Bitcoin price. I'm glad to see that there are still people out there with the balls to sell when they want and not care about what others say. I know I could never sell my Bitcoin because I would be too scared of the thought that the price my rise again the next day and I would lose money.

It is also great to see that you didn't sell your whole stash of Bitcoin, which would what and idiot would do. It is also great to see that you are happy with the decision you make and are glad to move on even if things don't go your way.
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:47:48 PM

In my country, very few people know about bitcoin, it is not common yet because people here are quite resistant to accept a new change in any line of the life and when it comes to money so then you know we can come across many type of people some are extreme misers and creepy that they will not even let you do anything other than the conventional cycle. Anyway all these things will change with the passage of time and I hope someday I will pay bitcoin for paying my bills and stuff.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:06:29 PM

In my country, very few people know about bitcoin, it is not common yet because people here are quite resistant to accept a new change in any line of the life and when it comes to money so then you know we can come across many type of people some are extreme misers and creepy that they will not even let you do anything other than the conventional cycle. Anyway all these things will change with the passage of time and I hope someday I will pay bitcoin for paying my bills and stuff.

It is not just your country. People everywhere are conservative, especially when money matters are involved. Fortunately, government policies all over the world will make people realize that an alternative is needed. Bitcoin will then explode.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: