Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:24:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple: market cap v trading volume  (Read 564 times)
jaberwock (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:02:23 PM

I just noticed Ripple hast the 3rd highest market cap, with over 10B in value, but is only in the 6th position in 24 hours trading volume, with only 2.73% of all crypto trades, much below Litecoin, Bitcoin and Ethereum. How can this be?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:11:23 PM

Ripple is actually a scam coin as far as i have seen they claim to be perfect for a business as they have some feature of accounting , ledger. But then people also say it isn't decentralised and currently i feel the investors are confused or what while others don't want to trade because they don't want to get scammed
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:43:03 PM

ripple will soon be overtake by Litecoin

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Betfair

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:00:04 PM

Ripple is actually a scam coin as far as i have seen they claim to be perfect for a business as they have some feature of accounting , ledger. But then people also say it isn't decentralised and currently i feel the investors are confused or what while others don't want to trade because they don't want to get scammed
It has 3rd biggest market cap and you call it scam?
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:38:13 PM

Ripple is not a scam. It was made to correct high volatility in altcoins and that's why the price can't get high as many expect. That's what they want so that businesses under ripple won't run at a  lost
Haladay

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:06:51 AM

Ripple is not a scam. It was made to correct high volatility in altcoins and that's why the price can't get high as many expect. That's what they want so that businesses under ripple won't run at a  lost

I agree on ripple is not a scam. But it's a garbage coin whose developers having billions of them and there is no correct supply information provided officially.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 01:14:32 AM

It has 3rd biggest market cap and you call it scam?

he must be confuse what scam mean.

just to make you come to your senses, all these digital currencies aren't dcentralized even the ones on top. if it can be manipulated, its not decentralized. price is dictated by manipulated market still even btc.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:38:56 AM

This is just an operation getting money out of XRP "investors" into Ripple Investors pocket.
Anyone with eyes can see the blatant fraud.
August 2014 1/5 of total coins became "circulating supply" and price and volume did not move.
Marketcap increased dramatically which it needed to fleece newbies of cash who done all the hard research of cryptocoins and found Ripple's XRP token way up there doing ok.
The number of freely traded xrp is really small as most available are locked up by contractual agreement.

How does the circulating supply become less every now or then, answer by cooking the books as crooks do.
(18 June 2017 "available" 38,290,271,363 XRP)
[/img]

by contrast, 80% of Bitcoins are freely available already not some imaginary 38% which in reality is less than 10%
Over 90% (including the once being part of the "circulating supply" which were gifted free to banks and partners with the condition not to sell before x time) still to dump on uninformed poor souls.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: