Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:32:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help recovering Blockchain.info wallet  (Read 269 times)
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 02:45:32 AM

I set up two factor authentication on a Blockchain.info wallet with an Android device that had its firmware fail. I had to reinstall the firmware for my phone, and now the authentication no longer works. Was the authentication associated with the IMEI of the device, the SIM, or the ROM? I have lost the ROM and I did not back up the settings or configuration partition for my device.

I still have access to the email and IP Address that was used to create the account. I don't remember setting up a recovery phrase. Does anybody know how I can recover this wallet?

Account recovered 08-12-2019

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ripplehd1

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 03:16:15 AM

I set up two factor authentication on a Blockchain.info wallet with an Android device that had its firmware fail. I had to reinstall the firmware for my phone, and now the authentication no longer works. Was the authentication associated with the IMEI of the device, the SIM, or the ROM? I have lost the ROM and I did not back up the settings or configuration partition for my device.

I still have access to the email and IP Address that was used to create the account. I don't remember setting up a recovery phrase. Does anybody know how I can recover this wallet?
if you have the mnemonic phrase you can recover the password for it and maybe change it and if you don't then there isn't much luck on your side because blockchain support won't help either, another thing you can do to get your account back is get someone to crack it and pay them the fee
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 03:27:45 AM

What two-factor authentication do you used? from SMS or the one from authy/google authenticator? If you are using the SMS then you can still receive those codes to login but if you use the other one then there's no other way to access your account but to recover it using your seed on your blockchain.info's account. And if still you don't have the recovery phrase/seed then there's no way to get it back unless blockchain support will help out there. 
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:53:16 AM

This is the reason why Im not using this app authenticator like google auth etc..Im only using sms code authentication more easy to deal with when you lost or damage your phone like in your situation if you are using blockchain.info wallet Im sure you have a backup of your private key/seed if you have then you can recovered it in other wallet like electrum/mycelium if you have not try contacting support of blockchain.

awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:01:23 AM

This issue has been resolved. Thank you Bitcointalk users for your help Smiley

He sent a request to blockchain.info, providing as much information on the account (IP Addresses used, money in the wallet, transactions, etc) that was available, and approximately two days later they sent an email claiming that the authentication had been removed.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: