Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:30:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the logic in making a Payment Processor?  (Read 321 times)
Enre (OP)

Activity: 617
Merit: 256

ICO Accelerator & Consultant

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:07:43 PM

So I was trying to make a payment processor from scratch.. I don't really know how to use wallet RPC, so instead here's my thought process:

1. Checkout (1$)
2. Get market data and convert to coin
3. Get Wallet and coin amount required
4. using async wait for change in wallet
5. when change is seen stop loop

Providing that I used Python, asyncio and Flask/Django for this, would this be a viable process?
And how would you go about in this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:14:35 PM

So I was trying to make a payment processor from scratch.. I don't really know how to use wallet RPC, so instead here's my thought process:
Just Payment ? You need more,generate addresses.Check double spend etc.

--snipe--
Providing that I used Python, asyncio and Flask/Django for this, would this be a viable process?
Avoid all the trouble,stop complicating it.If you really don't know how to use wallet RPC and you want to start it from scratch,well you need to learn RPC's.Or you can just use one of the available third party libraries.
Enre (OP)

Activity: 617
Merit: 256

ICO Accelerator & Consultant

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:25:06 AM

Just Payment ? You need more,generate addresses.Check double spend etc.

--snipe--
Avoid all the trouble,stop complicating it.If you really don't know how to use wallet RPC and you want to start it from scratch,well you need to learn RPC's.Or you can just use one of the available third party libraries.

Im not complicating things by using Flask or Django.. its meant to be part of an app.
However i agree that i need to learn RPC, but for coins like Steem its different, and with different coins have different RPC as well

Hmm
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:34:47 PM

Im not complicating things by using Flask or Django.. its meant to be part of an app.
However i agree that i need to learn RPC, but for coins like Steem its different, and with different coins have different RPC as well
Every coin has a different API and different ways of accessing the main chain.Apart from bitcoin,I've seen other coins providing much easier libraries to handle their transactions.Not sure about steem though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: