Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:22:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LOKI MINING CPU -SETUP (Part2)  (Read 232 times)
CptWhsikeyjack (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

ERC20 Address:0x09b9b7032c3ad01E42aD8A185D765a6d03

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:35:37 PM

After you download the LOKI wallet from their website you got to set it up for the mining operation. Even though LOKI was a fork of MONERO, LOKI's wallet does not have in-wallet mining like MONERO's GUI.  So once you set up your wallet you have to download XMR-stak which supports cryptonight_heavy algorithm. you can download it from https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/releases

Once you download that its time to set it up. It pretty straight forward. unzip the contents from the folder and run xmr-stak. You will be asked the following

Do you want to use the HTTP interface.press 0

Next you will be asked to select a coin. Select Sumokoin since sumokoin mines uses cryptonight_heavy algorithm.

Then you will be asked to that add you pool address with the port number.( I shall post all the pools in the next post). Do not forget to add the port number otherwise miner will give you an error.

Once you add your pool and port number you will be asked to add your wallet address. Get the receive address from the LOKI wallet you set up and enter it here.

Next you will be asked the password. either leave it empty or press x

next you will be asked for rig identifier. I leave this empty. But if you want to know the stats you can enter one here. Never bothered to add so i dont know where to get one from. 

Next you will be asked for TLS/SSL support and if you want to use Nicehash. say no to both of them.

next you will be asked if you want to set up multiple pools. if you say NO you will start mining rite away.
If you say YES you will be asked the weigh of the pool. This means which pool you want to give more preference of all the pools you add. once you give the weight you will be asked to repeat the whole process again to add a new pool.

Once you finish the above steps your miner starts mining and you are all set. Depending on your graphics card and CPU config you can get anywhere from 200-1000 h/sec.

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:54:32 PM

"Select Sumokoin since sumokoin mines uses cryptonight_heavy algorithm. "

Wrong, sumokoin uses the original CN algo, not CN heavy anymore.
Larvitar

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:31:22 PM

Just run JCE-Miner with a bat with pool and wallet.

Be happy

(but Loki/CN-heavy is awful with CPUs. 4MB per thread kill even large cache CPUs)
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:46:58 PM

I'm running a detailed CPU mining thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2891680.0

I've also included LOKI a while ago and you can definitely mine for more CryptoNight coins with this setup.

Check it out and post if you have issues Smiley
CptWhsikeyjack (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

ERC20 Address:0x09b9b7032c3ad01E42aD8A185D765a6d03

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:26:05 PM

I'm running a detailed CPU mining thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2891680.0

I've also included LOKI a while ago and you can definitely mine for more CryptoNight coins with this setup.

Check it out and post if you have issues Smiley

I used to mine turtlecoin a lot but then I stopped because I didn't see any point in mining a million coins which didn't have any value. It doesn't have a POS or masternodes to stake and all and after mining it for a while and getting to know the community I realized they had a long way to go before any substantial increase in value.  And on top of that their new mining algo was crashing left right and center so I started searching for a coin that was newer with better value, active community, and a clear future plan. In the process i found LOKI and decided to try it out.

I will look into your thread as well because LOKI mining rewards are crap. As of now I get around 1-1.5 LOKIs a day. And if you have any better coins please suggest.     

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:30:48 AM

I used to mine turtlecoin a lot but then I stopped because I didn't see any point in mining a million coins which didn't have any value. It doesn't have a POS or masternodes to stake and all and after mining it for a while and getting to know the community I realized they had a long way to go before any substantial increase in value.  And on top of that their new mining algo was crashing left right and center so I started searching for a coin that was newer with better value, active community, and a clear future plan. In the process i found LOKI and decided to try it out.

I will look into your thread as well because LOKI mining rewards are crap. As of now I get around 1-1.5 LOKIs a day. And if you have any better coins please suggest.     
Yes, I agree there's no point in mining coins that are not active enough or don't have any potential. This activity of mining new coins always has a certain degree of trial & error involved.

Still, you just need a few projects to be successful from the ones you mine. For example, remember Masari was at ~$2/token at some point at the end of April? Some people mined it intensively when no one knew about it and made huge profits on it. Or if you like to go even further, remember when Monero was at its beginning? The people who mined it then were extremely happy when it hit $400/token Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: