Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:42:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Semi-ASIC project for ASIC proof coins  (Read 1422 times)
ehm.emre (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:25:25 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm Emre. I'm newbie Smiley First of all sorry for my bad English.

We have a team work on FPGA projects. We interested in altcoins for a 5-6 months. Especially asic-proof coins. There is a lot of altcoin and says "We are ASIC-proof". Arrow. Well.

How about this idea:
Semi-ASICs. What is this? It has a real graphics card and a cooperate FPGA hash booster in standard PC motherboard. And work with together. Estimated hash boost capability 5x to 12x (depend algorithm) with little power compsution (15-25 watts).
We are working with Xilinx ZYNQ series FPGA and we designed a hardware for custom co-operate PCI card. First result is good. We test it with ethereum minig.

I will share news here.

Thank you.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lodos2005

Activity: 464
Merit: 264

Hakan Yavuz

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 10:31:07 AM

Haberlerini bekliyoruz bro Smiley
couture

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:38:50 AM

Hello everyone,

We have a team work on FPGA projects. We interested in altcoins for a 5-6 months. Especially asic-proof coins. There is a lot of altcoin and says "We are ASIC-proof". Arrow. Well.

How about this idea:
Semi-ASICs. What is this? It has a real graphics card and a cooperate FPGA hash booster in standard PC motherboard. And work with together. Estimated hash boost capability 5x to 12x (depend algorithm) with little power compsution (15-25 watts).
We are working with Xilinx ZYNQ series FPGA and we designed a hardware for custom co-operate PCI card. First result is good. We test it with ethereum minig.

I will share news here.

Thank you.

Sounds good! So when can we get our hands on it? I could do a review on a prototype for you?
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:42:00 AM

are these things capable of switching algo? if yes this will be huge, and will kill gpu mining once for all, if not they will not be different than asic, not interested in this case

openxbmc

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:44:59 AM

Hello everyone,

How about this idea:

I will share news here.

Thank you.

well done.How about FPGA ethereum mining speed?and How much?
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:44:02 PM

keep me in the loop

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
Golku

Activity: 263

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:55:11 PM

Will follow this closely

Basarilar!!
ramroom

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:05:10 AM

Awesome! Keeping my eye out for any progress, keep us posted!
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:42:17 PM

This looks quite big (if real), I will keep a close eye on this.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:44:23 PM

What kind of speeds are you seeing on Eth?  What does one cost to manufacture?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:09:50 AM

Would love to see the speeds to get out of this ASIC. I don't think it's going to be very successful with dagger.
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:24:40 AM

Kind of frightening for all the people who invested tens of thousands in gpu's.
Aquazi

Activity: 215

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:32:04 AM

Their problem.

It's an unstable and risky market, and people only love to share success story, never how much they lost.

How many times do you ever read "I lost so much money on.." in crypto world?

Rarely.

Yet I know plenty of people that bought Digibyte at ATH and now want to kill themselves over it (it's an exxageration obviously).

Or people that bought gpus and gpus for litecoin and bitcoin and then got asicced.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
nu1mlock

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:57:41 AM

It's an unstable and risky market, and people only love to share success story, never how much they lost.
You don't hear how much people lose from GPU mining these days because people don't lose from GPU mining these days. With so many coins to choose from,  there's always coins that brings in good money - especially now when they're at extra high value. But even long before this current boom, it was still very profitable.

So no, you don't hear about how much people lose from GPU mining these days because people don't lose from GPU mining these days.
no1blue

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:01:49 AM

Nice job man

If you need some testing, please contact me
woogod

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:25:07 PM

Watching closely!

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
espressodelisi

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:58:39 PM

Yardım lazım mı?  Wink

Good job. Waiting to hear from you.

jekecoin

Activity: 427

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 08:12:13 PM

Hello everyone,

How about this idea:

I will share news here.

Thank you.

Then you utilize the FPGA for some calculations?

Hard obsoleto                    VPS: Digitalocean                     Cloudmining: Cex.io · EOBOT                    Gambling: Primedice
nerdralph

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:21:10 PM

Not at all; I've been doing this for a while on Xilinx 7-Series chips. It's good, but not AWESOME.

FPGAs should be good for ZEC, but not for ETH.  As you already know, GPUs can push the RAM to >90% of it's theoretical maximum bandwidth mining ETH, so there is little speed gains to be had.
Besides ZEC, you should also be able to easily beat AMD GPUs mining XMR.
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:12:05 AM

Interesting to see the results.  Wink

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Pages: [1]