Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:40:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381856 times)
krisgt30

Activity: 461
Merit: 306

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 06:57:38 PM

You guys that defend slush and his pool are baffling. If ANY other pool had attacks on them where hundreds or thousands of btc were withheld, stolen, hidden, whatever the case may be; that site would be a ghost town in no time with no one mining on it. The fact that there was a hijacking of this pool, and you all still mine here is insanity. He used to brag about having higher than bank level security, and you really believe someone could have programmed their single solitary miner to withhold blocks from a pool with this level of security?

To me this is a smaller scale cryptsy event that just happened, where miners were NOT PAID their BTC, yet you people seem to still happily mine here. Carry on with your pools, I know I will certainly never attempt to earn any BTC here ever again and make sure no family member nor friend does so either.  

www.bcmonster.com Multi pool, pools for BTC, BCA, LCC, KMD, HUSH and ZEN -Donate:1QGZQBhXMo2jVc45wLEsp2bn5agF8SZSuY
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 07:41:09 PM

You guys that defend slush and his pool are baffling. If ANY other pool had attacks on them where hundreds or thousands of btc were withheld, stolen, hidden, whatever the case may be; that site would be a ghost town in no time with no one mining on it. The fact that there was a hijacking of this pool, and you all still mine here is insanity. He used to brag about having higher than bank level security, and you really believe someone could have programmed their single solitary miner to withhold blocks from a pool with this level of security?

To me this is a smaller scale cryptsy event that just happened, where miners were NOT PAID their BTC, yet you people seem to still happily mine here. Carry on with your pools, I know I will certainly never attempt to earn any BTC here ever again and make sure no family member nor friend does so either.  

You profess your ignorance at will. To be able to launch a block with-holding attack worthy of the tag requires more than the single solitary miner that you believe was responsible. And why wouldn't anyone want to mine at a pool with pool luck of, as we speak, 216%, 117% and 110% for the day, week and month respectively?

krisgt30

Activity: 461
Merit: 306

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 07:49:43 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2016, 08:01:04 PM by krisgt30

You profess your ignorance at will. To be able to launch a block with-holding attack worthy of the tag requires more than the single solitary miner that you believe was responsible. And why wouldn't anyone want to mine at a pool with pool luck of, as we speak, 216%, 117% and 110% for the day, week and month respectively?

Like I said, if you believe there is nothing hidden, then keep mining here. Fact of the matter is BTC was stolen here no matter which way you slice it. BTC was withheld from its miners. Any payouts never happened. The same exact thing happened to cryptsy, and they went under, slush did not, why? Because of their brilliant PR campaigns with favorable articles strategically published immediately after the withholdings came bubbling up in this forum. Also their paid google advertisements have them pop up first for the casual miner when they search for bitcoin mining pool and the like. There is your ignorance.

www.bcmonster.com Multi pool, pools for BTC, BCA, LCC, KMD, HUSH and ZEN -Donate:1QGZQBhXMo2jVc45wLEsp2bn5agF8SZSuY
pekatete

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 08:20:34 PM

Like I said, if you believe there is nothing hidden, then keep mining here. Fact of the matter is BTC was stolen here no matter which way you slice it. BTC was withheld from its miners. Any payouts never happened. The same exact thing happened to cryptsy, and they went under, slush did not, why? Because of their brilliant PR campaigns with favorable articles strategically published immediately after the withholdings came bubbling up in this forum. Also their paid google advertisements have them pop up first for the casual miner when they search for bitcoin mining pool and the like. There is your ignorance.
Your conspiracy theories are just that. As far as I am concerned, everything at slushpool is above board. The block with-holding attack can not be blamed on slush whatever crede you proffess to as the attack can happen to any pool, more so to a successfull one like slush.

All that needed to be said about the attack by the team at slushpool, to my reckoning, has been said. And true to their word, pool luck since has been above average, even skirting above the levels before the attack. The remnants of the conversation are mainly geared towards getting the gullible to switch to lesser pools, but nothing more of substance.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 11:30:56 PM

A number of pools have experienced block withholding attacks before now. Slush's pool has responded no differently to those pools, AFAICT.

Your energies might be better spent on promoting a standardised response to a block withholding attack, rather than targeting Slush's pool.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
simonpeter35

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:04:29 AM

My miner shows 1.072Ths. But on my Slush pool's dashboard only shows 700Ghs. Is this normal?
abeandund

Activity: 124
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 05:16:07 AM

My miner shows 1.072Ths. But on my Slush pool's dashboard only shows 700Ghs. Is this normal?

what difficulty does your miner report you are mining at?  you can adjust the difficulty manually on your slush dashboard if difficulty is too high or to low.
simonpeter35

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:17:00 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2016, 08:39:13 AM by simonpeter35

what difficulty does your miner report you are mining at?  you can adjust the difficulty manually on your slush dashboard if difficulty is too high or to low.

Other miners also set at 9000 and they are running constantly @ 1th.

d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:45:28 AM

I can and did!!!  He needs to at the very least come with the hardware if this is even a credible story.. Still no comment.. like i said if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.> Only a fool would continue to mine here. Just my two bits anyway.. If he is lying about this what will come in the future that he will hide..  

Slush you need to come out with the type of miner and firmware to make this story remotely credible. Until then i have my thoughts as to what really happened.. Just contiue to stick your head in the sand.. It appears your miners are more naive than i first thought.. Ehh to each their own i guess.

best Regards
d57heinz

Nonsense! The only thing that quacks like a duck in all this, and thus is a duck is yourself. If a fool is described as one that mines at a pool with above average luck (198%, 117% and 110% for 1 day, 7 days and 30 days respectively), then whoever does not mine there, or advises not to mine there, must be an accomplished idiot.

In all this, bear in mind that some pools piggy-back on others to improve their luck and lure miners to their pools, and some operators have gone on record to detail their methods of sabotaging other pools that piggyback onto them thus you can not rule out the very real possibility that some pool operator targets another with a block withholding attack, simply to suppress that pool's luck and lure miners to their pools.

I actually believe slush gave a cover story for the block with-holding attack and the real culprit is another pool. Saying that, I have every confidence in slush's ability to handle this better than any other pool operator on planet bitcoin. Pool mining is about trusting the pool operator and slush being the pioneer pool (and stratum protocol architect) can not put his reputation out to hang over a 4 month block with-holding attack by misleading miners. If anything, slush holds the miner's best interests to the forefront in everything that he does, and questioning that should raise more questions about intentions.

Thanks for the good laugh.. i needed that.. where were you back when it was happening.. Love how you chime in when the pool finally gets it shit together.. Just reeks of the bs i see in BTC land every day..

Way to reassure what i think about how most if not all crypto companies are run.. Haphazardly at best.  Bunch of kids !!!

Best Regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
Thisiserik

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:56:42 AM

Smiley BTCreporting that the payout/rewards panel on account dashboard page is not refreshingBTC
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:05:41 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2016, 09:24:26 AM by d57heinz

Your conspiracy theories are just that. As far as I am concerned, everything at slushpool is above board. The block with-holding attack can not be blamed on slush whatever crede you proffess to as the attack can happen to any pool, more so to a successfull one like slush.

All that needed to be said about the attack by the team at slushpool, to my reckoning, has been said. And true to their word, pool luck since has been above average, even skirting above the levels before the attack. The remnants of the conversation are mainly geared towards getting the gullible to switch to lesser pools, but nothing more of substance.

Do i really need to go back thru my post history to find how many months ago i started barking about this..  ITS BEEN Far too long ago now.. Esp the size of the miner in question.  Should have been more obvious to someone that is a great pool op or so caring of the miners like you say!  guess ill check my first fb post and on here about this exact problem.  Only to come to find out after 4 months i was right.. Seriously man defending slush makes you look the fool..

ANd again .. .slush says this was a bad firmware in miners.. NOt a pool proxy.. so lets come with the info on the miners already..ill walk away once that info is out

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1976.msg13158361#msg13158361
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1976.msg13166550#msg13166550  this shows you i once supported slush.. but his handling of this issue is horrible in my eyes!   i think what pissed me off the most was his dead silence and total disregard for the issue... just kept telling me its luck move along.. F$%% that.. good thing i didnt!  Or i should say good for you Pekatete since you still mine here!!

Best regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
adyb

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:36:34 AM

I left this pool to move my hashing power to Kano.is block finds were just not happening as often as they should here anymore. Which is a shame, as the web platform and information is brilliant....
pekatete

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 10:52:34 AM

Do i really need to go back thru my post history to find how many months ago i started barking about this..  ITS BEEN Far too long ago now.. Esp the size of the miner in question.  Should have been more obvious to someone that is a great pool op or so caring of the miners like you say!  guess ill check my first fb post and on here about this exact problem.  Only to come to find out after 4 months i was right.. Seriously man defending slush makes you look the fool..

ANd again .. .slush says this was a bad firmware in miners.. NOt a pool proxy.. so lets come with the info on the miners already..ill walk away once that info is out

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1976.msg13166550#msg13166550  this shows you i once supported slush.. but his handling of this issue is horrible in my eyes!   i think what pissed me off the most was his dead silence and total disregard for the issue... just kept telling me its luck move along.. F$%% that.. good thing i didnt!  Or i should say good for you Pekatete since you still mine here!!

Best regards
d57heinz

Whether you spotted the issue that long ago is neither here nor there, fact is (and as far as I am concerned) it has now been resolved. For what it is worth, I'll add that I will take slush's word over yours any day wihout batting an eyelid, and that is not a reflection on you.

By the way, I am NOT defending slush, just pointing out the facts as I see them, if anything, just to stem your tirade of twaddle (though clearly it is not working on that last one!).

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 11:03:26 AM

<snip>
<snip>

I'm not seeing four months of significantly bad luck here, just around mid December to maybe end January.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
bittalc1

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:21:11 AM

Best regards
d57heinz

Whether you spotted the issue that long ago is neither here nor there, fact is (and as far as I am concerned) it has now been resolved. For what it is worth, I'll add that I will take slush's word over yours any day wihout batting an eyelid, and that is not a reflection on you.

By the way, I am NOT defending slush, just pointing out the facts as I see them, if anything, just to stem your tirade of twaddle (though clearly it is not working on that last one!).

Eventhough we all lost money here and now we should blindly belive slush and you that this is fixed. He said that he will give the findings so everyone can investigate. Do you really beleive that that was witholding attack?! What is the possibility that he took all that blocks and now is blaming that on witholding? Can you point some real facts and not just shilling here please!!
pekatete

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 11:31:08 AM

Eventhough we all lost money here and now we should blindly belive slush and you that this is fixed.

Don't believe me, see the pool luck yourself .... does it look like it's been fixed like slush said?

He said that he will give the findings so everyone can investigate. Do you really beleive that that was witholding attack?! What is the possibility that he took all that blocks and now is blaming that on witholding?

If slush said he'll give the findings, then he will if he has not already done so, that I have no doubt, however, the probability that slush "took all those blocks" is a figment of your imagination. And yes, if he says it was a with-holding attack, I have every reason to believe it was such, but more importantly, I have NO reason at all to think it was not (emphasis on the latter).

Can you point some real truth and not just shilling here please!!

If I point you to the truth, would you believe it if you read it with your own eyes?

bittalc1

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:37:16 AM

Eventhough we all lost money here and now we should blindly belive slush and you that this is fixed.

Don't believe me, see the pool luck yourself .... does it look like it's been fixed like slush said?

He said that he will give the findings so everyone can investigate. Do you really beleive that that was witholding attack?! What is the possibility that he took all that blocks and now is blaming that on witholding?

If slush said he'll give the findings, then he will if he has not already done so, that I have no doubt, however, the probability that slush "took all those blocks" is a figment of your imagination. And yes, if he says it was a with-holding attack, I have every reason to believe it was such, but more importantly, I have NO reason at all to think it was not (emphasis on the latter).

Can you point some real truth and not just shilling here please!!

If I point you to the truth, would you believe it if you read it with your own eyes?
Again no facts my friend. Maybe now is ok with the block findings but in near future that can happen again and with no proof he and we should blame on bad luck right?
pekatete

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 11:40:17 AM

Again no facts my friend. Maybe now is ok with the block findings but in near future that can happen again and with no proof he and we should blame on bad luck right?
You did not say whether you'd believe the facts .... but as you know, good AND bad luck happen, and it would not be a stretch of the imagination to attribute bad luck to .... bad luck, would it now?

bittalc1

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:52:03 AM

You did not say whether you'd believe the facts .... but as you know, good AND bad luck happen, and it would not be a stretch of the imagination to attribute bad luck to .... bad luck, would it now?
Bitcointalk is big forum filled with lots of smart guys, creators of the stratum protocol and i think if he point some transparent facts they will chime in, investigate, point some real facts and proof and than i will beleive. You know the saying "innocent untill proven guilty", sadly in this case he is "guilty until proven innocent".
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:09:34 PM

<snip>
<snip>

I'm not seeing four months of significantly bad luck here, just around mid December to maybe end January.

Heh you missed my post to you about the whole of December? Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77000.msg13482822#msg13482822

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: « 1 ... 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: