Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:15:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 [760] 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381856 times)
manic miner

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:10:27 PM

So what is the alternative?
Is there a better pool out there that has less problems or better luck?
If you know of one then do let us all in on the secret.

But seriously, is there a better option?

I am only a small fish in this pool but will stick it out as I live in hope that these problems will get ironed out soon.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ehoitinga

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:16:08 PM

Bonjour à tous Smiley
Hello to all Smiley

J'ai cette question svp, lorsque l''on voit défiler dans bfgminer "Pool 0 block found"
est ce que cela signifie que j'ai (la pool) participé à trouver un block
et pourquoi ne voit on pas après ce block dans "Statistiques"
et si oui, combien de temps après il apparait.

Grand merci Smiley
It means a block found on the network - not necessary from your 'Pool 0' and definitely not from you.
With bfgminer when you see "Found block for pool" - that is when it means YOU found it.

When I see "Stratum from pool 0 detected new block" in my bfgminer does this mean that the pool has found
a new block with 25 bitcoins or just a block with potentially 25 bitcoins in it? The current block number mentioned
in bfminer is that the number of the new found block?

If so I don't see all the new blocks found by bfgminer appearing in my stats. Why? Because I'm not working on all
the new found blocks.
FalconFly

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Sentinel

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:26:13 PM

So what is the alternative?
Is there a better pool out there that has less problems or better luck?
If you know of one then do let us all in on the secret.

But seriously, is there a better option?

I am only a small fish in this pool but will stick it out as I live in hope that these problems will get ironed out soon.  Smiley

The best alternative would be for the pool admin to address and fix these issues. They're cumulating small issues, so that would actually be a reasonable solution.
But since this is wishful thinking and he'll likely follow other interests, it just may not happen.

All you can do is check out the various pools, check their fees & feedback and give them a shot to see for yourself. The luck issue is a bit odd, part of it may just be inaccurate website reporting (who knows these days, where displays go odd for many days unfixed) or whatever.
Without any communication (IMHO the main issue on this pool) we'll never know for sure.

For me slush's pool has basically always worked more or less, but on average (functionality, errors, communication etc.) it's always been like a "96% pool". Works flawless about 96% of the time. The other times... well, we spend some time in this thread meeting new people Wink

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
Hermonminer

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:33:33 PM

So, maybe I am the only one but other than confirmed rewards showing up a bit slow, I am getting them and they have remained at the same level since I started mining here. Whatever the glitch was a few days ago when my hash rate halved, was corrected fairly quickly in my opinion. I don't have experience with others pools. Do other pools experience these same kinds of issues, and if so, why jump from Slush's to others? Just askin. 
necro_nemesis

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:37:02 PM

For me slush's pool has basically always worked more or less, but on average (functionality, errors, communication etc.) it's always been like a "96% pool". Works flawless about 96% of the time. The other times... well, we spend some time in this thread meeting new people Wink

Group therapy. It's always beneficial to listen to others who suffer from the same affliction.

At least the information helps define what's common to a specific problem in hopes to address it in a concise manner.
KNK

Activity: 692
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:53:06 PM

When I see "Stratum from pool 0 detected new block" in my bfgminer does this mean that the pool has found
a new block with 25 bitcoins or just a block with potentially 25 bitcoins in it? The current block number mentioned

If so I don't see all the new blocks found by bfgminer appearing in my stats. Why? Because I'm not working on all
the new found blocks.

It means a block found on the network - not necessary from your 'Pool 0' and definitely not from you.

Each block is at least 25 BTC, it could be more if it contains transactions with fees, but not less.
The current block number is the next block actualy, 'the new found block' is the previous one ... you can check this page which pool have found it and if it is your 'Pool 0' only then it should show in stats page

Mega Crypto Polis - www.MegaCryptoPolis.com
BTC tips: 1KNK1akhpethhtcyhKTF2d3PWTQDUWUzHE
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:18:55 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 11:46:06 PM by Trongersoll

As I've said before. When it comes to Slush Pool, only look at it once or twice a day to see if your payouts on the stats page are reasonably consistent, say +-10%. And, that your miners are close to the expected hashrate. Do not try and check the math. the computer is smarter than you and doing this will only make ya crazy. Shocked

Mining Slush since May 2013.
cenicsoft

Activity: 276

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:41:38 PM

Why don't pool merger NameCoin mining?

The pool used to do merged mining, but only under Getwork protocol.  Since Slush dropped support for Getwork, Namecoin mining went away with it.

BannerCoin - officially trading on EtherDelta.
BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
Trefdraeth

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:44:58 PM

As I've said before. When it comes to Slush Pool, only look at it once or twice a day to see if you payouts on the stats page are reasonably consistent, say +-10%. And, that your miners are close to the expected hashrate. Do not try and check the math. the computer is smarter than you and doing this will only make ya crazy. Shocked

Mining Slush since May 2013.

+1, though it is fun checking in here to see the endless and, ultimately pointless moans.

Things break, Slush fixes, just chill and let him do his stuff, not answer a million bleating tickets. And if people don't like them apples, there are other pools.
necro_nemesis

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:35:06 PM

AFAIK with respect to the math those suggesting they'd leave weren't going to affect the others on here in a negative manner. Depending on how far into solving a block the pool was, it would be beneficial to those who remained if they leave on that round. Subsequently the next round theoretically will take longer to solve but the reward should increase proportionately to the additional time.

It's about yield and not volume of blocks the pool solves.

If my assumtions are correct I suspect these statements are therefore directed at slush but alas he, they, whatever; don't follow this thread.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 09:10:26 PM

AFAIK with respect to the math those suggesting they'd leave weren't going to affect the others on here in a negative manner. Depending on how far into solving a block the pool was, it would be beneficial to those who remained if they leave on that round. Subsequently the next round theoretically will take longer to solve but the reward should increase proportionately to the additional time.

If my assumtions are correct I suspect these statements are therefore directed at slush but alas he, they, whatever; don't follow this thread.

No, your assumptions are incorrect.

As discussed multiple times in this thread, pool hopping (if done strategically) can increase your expected income per share. That extra comes from full time miners.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:23:42 PM

the new found blocks.

Each block is at least 25 BTC, it could be more if it contains transactions with fees, but not less.
The current block number is the next block actualy, 'the new found block' is the previous one ... you can check this page which pool have found it and if it is your 'Pool 0' only then it should show in stats page

Thx you both KNK and Ehoitinga Smiley

"Stratum from pool 0 detected new block" = The network, all the pools + solo miners have found a new block (25 BTC+fees)

"not necessary from your 'Pool 0' and definitely not from you."
-Pool 0" I thougth it was only Slush's pool.
-"and definitely not from you." well i guessed that Smiley At what speed is it clever to mine solo?
Did this ever happened to you : ""Found block for pool" - that is when it means YOU found it."
Must be happy that day Smiley

"Stratum from pool 0 requested work update" i see that very often, what is it please?

May I ask you another question please.
At this pace of growing difficulty (+20% every 12 days seems to be exponential) so soon no one will ever mine, so how Bitcoin network will keep on.

Deeply thx for your answears Smiley

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:25:18 PM

the new found blocks.

Thx you both KNK and Ehoitinga Smiley

"Stratum from pool 0 detected new block" = The network, all the pools + solo miners have found a new block (25 BTC+fees)

"not necessary from your 'Pool 0' and definitely not from you."
-Pool 0" I thougth it was only Slush's pool.
-"and definitely not from you." well i guessed that Smiley At what speed is it clever to mine solo?
Did this ever happened to you : ""Found block for pool" - that is when it means YOU found it."
Must be happy that day Smiley

"Stratum from pool 0 requested work update" i see that very often, what is it please?

May I ask you another question please.
At this pace of growing difficulty (+20% every 12 days seems to be exponential) so soon no one will ever mine, so how Bitcoin network will keep on.

Last one lol : Why Slush's Pool has got this very good reputation, are they located in France, got a clue in which city?

Deeply thx for your answears Smiley

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
necro_nemesis

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:46:45 PM

No, your assumptions are incorrect.

As discussed multiple times in this thread, pool hopping (if done strategically) can increase your expected income per share. That extra comes from full time miners.

That's not what I interpreted from this explanation.

http://support.bitcoin.cz/Knowledgebase/Article/View/32/1/score-based-reward-system
gourmet

Activity: 311

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:29:47 PM

Still no movement on block 286444 for me.

If anyone with any influence is reading this... please fix this block so I can get my payout and leave this shit-show of a pool for good.

This place went downhill in a damn hurry.

286444 looks ok for me. Are you sure you was mining at the time? Nice way to get some help by the way, "shit-show of a pool" - that should do it...

Good for you... I'm glad your account is all fine.   How exactly does that help me?

Yes, I'm sure I was mining at the time.  81000 shares on that particular block.  My reward for that block should be 0.00056188, and it shows that in statistics.
However... it's still showing up in my Unconfirmed Rewards bucket preventing me from taking a .01 BTC automatic payout.  It should have been moved to Confirmed Rewards hours ago.

And I'm sorry if "shit-show" offends you.   However, when your trouble tickets and emails all go ignored, you tend to get a little frustrated with lack of support.
I just want my BTC payout and I'm gone.... then you won't need to subject yourselves to my childish rants.

Sad thing for this pool is that I'm definitely not alone.  

As someone who has been with this pool a very very long time, it will get solved. Relax, start mining at your other pool and your stats will get sorted. You obviously have not been here very long if this is your first issue such as this. But they all get resolved, and slush is still my best paying pool vs others i have tried. There is a reason pool hoppers come back Wink

And i am sorry, but a reward of .00056188 is nothing to get frustrated about, so chill, leave and never come back. Have fun at the other Shit-Shows such as eclippse MC, LMAO

1) I fully agree with you, Namnuta.
2) I'm a bit surprised that there are several "newbies" recently with low activity (one or two posts) that are in fact oldtimers (both by their "look and feel" and their declaration). Where did this new phenomenon come from?
WithAZ

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:42:16 PM

1) I fully agree with you, Namnuta.
2) I'm a bit surprised that there are several "newbies" recently with low activity (one or two posts) that are in fact oldtimers (both by their "look and feel" and their declaration). Where did this new phenomenon come from?

Works for me, fire up TOR browser, create an hmamail email account, create an alt on here and then you can say what the fuck you want without damaging your rep. Works for me Smiley
evangel55

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:59:26 PM

Guys, move on and try another pool for a week and assess the payout.
For me I tried slush for a week and is trying the other pool (while continue to monitor slush progression).
I will say I glad I moved.

Which pool may I ask did you move to?

gHashio. Small amount per payout compared to Slush, but one day average about 50-60 payouts. Good thing is that the earnings per day is very consistent, unlike slush where it depends on luck. Also, gHashio mines alternative coins at the same time which can be used for BTC or additional hashing power.
BuhTuglia

Activity: 137

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 01:15:49 AM

Who the hell is getting all the blocks? It sure ain't us. Are we in the future now? Will an endless stream of twelve hour blocks become a daily routine?

Just another dust miner... Enquiring Gnomes want to Mine!
Send nothing to 16SVa2iQA6HuNPDGYShpmeEvUBRi2gW7f1
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:23:25 AM

Who the hell is getting all the blocks? It sure ain't us. Are we in the future now? Will an endless stream of twelve hour blocks become a daily routine?

You should post more often - block found

donations not accepted
BuhTuglia

Activity: 137

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 01:31:39 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 01:44:28 AM by BuhTuglia

You should post more often - block found

Heh... I noticed that too... within just a few minutes... Hmmm, hmmm...

Man, my problem is, I have the crappiest job in the world at a great place  to work. All I have to do all night is sit at the computer and goof off, so half my time, I spend monitoring the pool, just for lack of anything better to do. A watched pot never boils, as the old saying goes. Used to, I barely looked at the pool two or  three times a day, but of course, in the "good old days" there has hardly ever a twelve hour block either. I am fixing to buy a 1.2TH miner, but now I'm stopping and thinking... if corporate mining is killing it for us hobbyists, what's the point? I might as well just buy coins and wait. That's not nearly as much fun, though, I enjoy mining.

Just another dust miner... Enquiring Gnomes want to Mine!
Send nothing to 16SVa2iQA6HuNPDGYShpmeEvUBRi2gW7f1
Pages: « 1 ... 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 [760] 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: