Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:35:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 [848] 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381849 times)
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:23:23 PM

Looks like the time to start modding my S1's to maintain maximum profits as I am now needing to add more hash power to my farm in order to keep my daily reward close to where it was before.

What percentage was the last difficulty increase? Knowing that should give me a good figure for how much I need to increase my hash rate.
I think I would rather see the 4 Ph/s over the 3.4 we are pushing now...if the pool doesn't grow with the network, the pool WILL get left behind.  Undecided

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
danleuthner

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:32:23 PM

Slush,

any thoughts to adding multiple payout addresses, similar to GHash.IO? This would be a way to drive bitcoin GB miner to your group. Some kind of interface so a GB operator could just set up the shares and the payouts would go weekly to all members of the group... This would be a good differentical in the mining market place and might increase your revenues.

danleuthner
Ta4o

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:33:42 PM

BFF miner is not seeing any of your hardware so you are not mining.  The new block detected means the network has resolved a block and we are all working on the next. And by we I mean the entire bit coin network.

Basically right now your are not mining with Bfg but monitoring the network. What ASIC are you trying to run?

Hope that helps.

Namnuta is absolutely right you are not mining and no hardware is listed in CGminer window.

Try this, in CGminer window type the letter "m" then the plus key "+" then "all" and hit return. it will refresh and list the hardware and info.

As far as I can tell, that would only work in BFGMiner. But there is indeed nothing mining.

Which is this hardware that is not listed? That isn't well explained in main site http://mining.bitcoin.cz/ I'm sure that i have read and do all successful but for some reason nothing appears to me about mining and earning my account?! letter "m" does not work in CGminer window - nothing happens. I dont know what is wrong i just want to join the mining pool to work together
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:34:14 PM

So what kit can I buy right now <$5k that will get me a reasonable ROI on capital outlay taking into account electricity costs?

bitmaintech.com

S3 will be realeased in 2 days... you are walking in at the perfect time.  This is hands down the best mining company, buy an S3.. or 4.. be very happy.

I have 4 S1's I love them.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:34:49 PM

Looks like the time to start modding my S1's to maintain maximum profits as I am now needing to add more hash power to my farm in order to keep my daily reward close to where it was before.

What percentage was the last difficulty increase? Knowing that should give me a good figure for how much I need to increase my hash rate.
I think I would rather see the 4 Ph/s over the 3.4 we are pushing now...if the pool doesn't grow with the network, the pool WILL get left behind.  Undecided

Wait 2-3 days and buy the upgrade?
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:40:58 PM

BFF miner is not seeing any of your hardware so you are not mining.  The new block detected means the network has resolved a block and we are all working on the next. And by we I mean the entire bit coin network.

Basically right now your are not mining with Bfg but monitoring the network. What ASIC are you trying to run?

Hope that helps.

Namnuta is absolutely right you are not mining and no hardware is listed in CGminer window.

Try this, in CGminer window type the letter "m" then the plus key "+" then "all" and hit return. it will refresh and list the hardware and info.

As far as I can tell, that would only work in BFGMiner. But there is indeed nothing mining.

Which is this hardware that is not listed? That isn't well explained in main site http://mining.bitcoin.cz/ I'm sure that i have read and do all successful but for some reason nothing appears to me about mining and earning my account?! letter "m" does not work in CGminer window - nothing happens. I dont know what is wrong i just want to join the mining pool to work together

Couple questions...

What mining hardware?
What OS for the controlling system?
What mining software?

Answer those and I am sure we can help you get to mining quickly.
Also, might I suggest www.multiminerapp.com?

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:42:32 PM

I think I would rather see the 4 Ph/s over the 3.4 we are pushing now...if the pool doesn't grow with the network, the pool WILL get left behind.  Undecided

I am at least 2 weeks from being able to make my next purchase...most likely a couple more S1 units and mod those so that I can push ~1 Th/s but on 1/2 the watts!

I am picking up a small scrypt asic setup to keep my "mine" diversified and versatile!

*Got LootCrate?*
Devonian

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:41:30 PM

Sad Thanks for all the quick responses - though not what I wanted to hear!!!

Just bought Antminer S1 for £250.  Currently mining at 0.007682/day, though there have been two v long blocks on Slush this week. With elec costs here in UK of £1/day I reckon that gives ROI of 154 days ignoring any increase in difficulty or change in £/BTC.

As you say, more entertaining than profit earning (and talking to a nice bunch of guys like you!).

But I still ask the question - what should I upgrade to , to make some money? 

Couldn't find any info (in English) on Xia-T-Hash!  Anyone any experience of Miners Cube?

Are you really getting .007686/day? Is the S1 overclocked? You may have noticed a difficulty change in the last few days, recalculate your average since the change and you may find it is more like .005/day.

I also got an S1 recently, but mine came from Amazon and cost loads more. When I plugged the power into blade 2 there was a bang and a flash and one of the capacitor cans flew across the room, a new one is on the way but in the meantime I am hashing with half an S1.

Where did you buy an S1 for £250? that seems a great price.

.007686 my running average since 12 June 2014.  No not clocked - running between 175-185 GH/s.  Last 2 or 3 days been pants, but we've just had a 7min block (whoopee!) and 14 June was agood day.

Got mine for £253 inc postage via Amazon sourced from HAD Systems in Germany.  Ordered 9 June arrived in UK on 11 June.  On 11 June Amazon were selling same from Studio K34 for £249 (not sure how much postage).  Just checked - that is now mysteriously £319!!!
Franklin16422

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:04:28 AM

I'm relatively lucky. I've been mining since February using 10 Antminer U1/U2s. Since I pay nothing for my electricity (it's included in the rent), I've already broken even between the mining and using the various faucets. My total investment is the miners and three powered USB hubs.
sjc1490

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:20:16 AM

Seems like every night (CST) we climb back up to the 4371 Thash/s mark. Wish whoever would just leave it pointed this way so we could work through some of these long rounds quicker.  Huh

BTC ADDRESS: 12Qwd8VKLQ4xF44ytHXBpCAKuF9VknG4X2
Donkeycongo

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:42:47 AM

Seems like every night (CST) we climb back up to the 4371 Thash/s mark. Wish whoever would just leave it pointed this way so we could work through some of these long rounds quicker.  Huh

1st time I noticed we went above 4000 TH was a couple of days ago, prior to that the highest I had seen was 3800 TH and normal peak was 3600 TH that would then drop down to 2600 TH
kkurtmann

Activity: 475

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 04:29:49 AM

never ending story.

are you new here?

https://www.buytrezor.com?a=55c37b866c11   well sir, I like it!
kkurtmann

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 04:33:32 AM

I think I would rather see the 4 Ph/s over the 3.4 we are pushing now...if the pool doesn't grow with the network, the pool WILL get left behind.  Undecided

I am at least 2 weeks from being able to make my next purchase...most likely a couple more S1 units and mod those so that I can push ~1 Th/s but on 1/2 the watts!

I am picking up a small scrypt asic setup to keep my "mine" diversified and versatile!

...and, by the time those are paid off, will you have enough to buy the next latest and greatest, will it ever end? no.

Donkeycongo

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:46:14 AM

...and, by the time those are paid off, will you have enough to buy the next latest and greatest, will it ever end? no.

TEEEEEEEEEEEHEHEHEHEHEHEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hue hue *cough* TEEEEHeheheee
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:54:53 AM

Actually, I should be able to keep my toes in the mining game for quite awhile so long as I make smart investments.

It's just good to know what percentage increase I am needing to shoot for just to keep up with what I have, if not increase any.

*Got LootCrate?*
kkurtmann

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 04:59:20 AM

Actually, I should be able to keep my toes in the mining game for quite awhile so long as I make smart investments.

It's just good to know what percentage increase I am needing to shoot for just to keep up with what I have, if not increase any.

its either, quit while you are ahead, or all in.

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:04:01 AM

its either, quit while you are ahead, or all in.

meh. there are MANY factors to consider and I am doing good with my current strategies.

*Got LootCrate?*
Donkeycongo

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:00:50 AM

never ending story.

are you new here?

If I understand the question correctly, you are asking how long a piece of string is. **Answer at end of post

The best way to work out your new required hash pwr is what you got pre diff change Vs what your getting now V Pools Current Peak Hash pwr V your current hash power V your budget V your expected end game with BTC.

The new Diff has nothing but something to do with your current earnings on slushes pool, (Time in a round <Time in at end of Round) V pool hash V your current hash power.
Slush is luck at end of day, we have good rounds and some bad ones, I think pool hash pwr on the short rounds only lessons your earnings but on long ones the converse.

So look at your new earnings and how much you are willing to Gamble.

A piece of string is twice middle distance to end.
kkurtmann

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 07:11:33 AM

never ending story.

are you new here?

If I understand the question correctly, you are asking how long a piece of string is. **Answer at end of post

The best way to work out your new required hash pwr is what you got pre diff change Vs what your getting now V Pools Current Peak Hash pwr V your current hash power V your budget V your expected end game with BTC.

The new Diff has nothing but something to do with your current earnings on slushes pool, (Time in a round <Time in at end of Round) V pool hash V your current hash power.
Slush is luck at end of day, we have good rounds and some bad ones, I think pool hash pwr on the short rounds only lessons your earnings but on long ones the converse.

isn't that what I just said?

it lessens your chance of learning lessons

Donkeycongo

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:14:45 AM

never ending story.

are you new here?

isn't that what I just said?

it lessens your chance of learning lessons

Sometimes people like to have food for thought instead of just being told,

it is a better/more fun way to learn
Pages: « 1 ... 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 [848] 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: