Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:48:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Banned LBC account, identity theft  (Read 308 times)
mzforfree (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:31:11 AM

So recently my wallet along with my passport was stolen, I've made tons of tickets and got a little upset so I told them to speak to my lawyer referring the claims i made against identity fraud (including witnesses in workplace and an advance my boss gave me BECAUSE of said fraud)..

since the user: https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/boody11096/

was the the seller of the person who stole my identity (may even be him may not be) he posted fraud against me since I was the one who put the fraud claim on my wellsfargo account and whoever had passport used it to purchase btw. (he had access to everything). then apparently hacked my gmail/paypal accounts and used it to pay for btc. I immediately saw what was happening and cancelled my card. The only legit payments I've made are all with cash, verified by bank and using another temp license I had before my old one was stupid. I have proof of all of this from the claims to wellsfargo, doctor's office visit and even an advance from my employer during that time as well as multiple witnesses who saw the turmoil this put on my life.

I told LBC to confirm via the bank, doctor's offices, etc but all i got was the same amount: before we proceed further we need need your picture id, selfie, blah blah.

WTF is that going to prove without them calling the bank?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jasonbourne212

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

JASON BOURNE

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:28:41 AM

someone stole an online account you own along with your passport??

either thats not true, or its someone you live with

BTCCC
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:12:55 PM

I told LBC to confirm via the bank, doctor's offices, etc but all i got was the same amount: before we proceed further we need need your picture id, selfie, blah blah.

Pay the extra money to fast track a replacement passport and give local bitcoins scans of that. You can normally get a replacement within a day if you are prepared to pay extra and go to the office.
sweetdesirez

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:38:13 PM

If you are 100 percent sure its the localbitcoins user who's profile you posted online, the right thing to first is lodge a complain with the police of your country. If the user is same from your country, then it will be easier for the cops to trace him. If however you are not 100% sute it was he, would suggest to delete the profile before someone quotes it so that you are not held responsible for any defamation suit.
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:36:52 PM

He seems to be having good feedback there, with a Feedback score of 100%. Also, the account was created more than three months ago. Are you just noticing it now? Anyway, it won't be a bad idea to move this thread to the legal section of the forum:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=74.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: