Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:54:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RaspberryPi & Minera & ButterflyLabs setup - help requested - resolved!  (Read 514 times)
SkyNetGlobal (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:24:57 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2017, 01:03:22 AM by SkyNetGlobal

Hi everyone,

First post here!  Smiley

I started my BitCoin journey back in 2013, and my wallet history shows coins coming out of Mt.Gox before it went bust - hooray! At the time, I was mining using a Raspberry Pi and a 30 GH/s ButterflyLabs BFL Bitforce SC Single ASIC miner with MinePeon software running through a D-Link DUB-H7 powered hub and WiFi. The WiFi was flaky, but I managed to get it all to work, and hooked up my rig to SlushPool, and I store my wallet at home using Bitcoin Core version 14.2.

Why would I like help?

After a 2-year+ absence, I'd like to get back into using my rig for mining, but MinePeon software is no longer being updated, so I've installed Minera instead - version 4.4.26 (I think) , and I've added EOP into the mix so, in my garage, I can get a steady signal to my Pi.

I can reach it, update it through Terminal and the Pi can see the attached miner if I type "lsusb" as:
Bus 001 Device 009: ID 0403:6014 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232H Single HS USB-UART/FIFO IC

but Minera shows this error code - "no local devices found". I've set it as "Local Miner details (bfgminer").

So, I'd love your help. Is it something basic I am doing wrong, and if so, what is it?

ps: yes, I am "hobby-mining" and fully aware that I won't make serious coin - haha - with this current (old) rig!
pps: apologies if this is posted to the wrong sub-forum  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SkyNetGlobal (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:13:56 AM

After trying loads of settings and new cables then back to the old cables, I'm back on line, mining @ 30.69GH/s.

According to SlushPool, it'll take about 18 years for my next payout so my current rig is definitely a hobby! So, what did I do?

I still used BFGMiner settings inside Minera, but as a pure guess, selected a preconfigured BFGMiner 5.x (Official) and in the next window chose "BFGMiner - Zeus Miner Generic" and turned on logging and auto-start etc ...

I have no idea why it worked, but it did - that's all that matters to me at the moment. I added my SlushPool details into the pool settings, and now my small rig is cranking again - hooray!

ps: Minera received a small donation as thanks for creating this software  Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: