Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:30:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cex.io 1 Eth for 790$ while 670$ on coinmarketcap and livecoinwatch  (Read 142 times)
ThinkAndGrowRich (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:30:01 PM

How can we daytrade if prices are not market prices ?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
itsmeram

Activity: 212
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:33:48 PM

No one can do it, and the only ones who are buying Eth at those prices are those who are miss-informed about the real prices or the dumb ones.

How could you be so dumb to buy over $100 of the actual rate? $100 in Bitcoin is nothing, but $100 in ethereum is a lot of difference.
ThinkAndGrowRich (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:36:08 PM

And if I sell 1 Eth I get 678$

(+7% fees)

So if you buy and sell you lose an enormous amount ...
It doesnt make sense if I buy 1 Eth for x$ I should be able to sell it for the same amount minus fees. Basically there are two fees..

Are there good exchange houses, which one ?
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:39:32 PM

But the prices are market prices and the price that is set on coinmarketcap is sometimes lagging and not always accurate. For instance Viberate was pumping earlier today and coinmarketcap was atleast 10% behind for almost an hr or two which means that could have been the difference between selling and holding or getting in. Look to the exchange and the coin to find the right price. Also sometimes prices are off that is what arbing is for try your hand at it, it may or may not be worth your while.

ThinkAndGrowRich (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:03:37 PM

But the prices are market prices and the price that is set on coinmarketcap is sometimes lagging and not always accurate. For instance Viberate was pumping earlier today and coinmarketcap was atleast 10% behind for almost an hr or two which means that could have been the difference between selling and holding or getting in. Look to the exchange and the coin to find the right price. Also sometimes prices are off that is what arbing is for try your hand at it, it may or may not be worth your while.

Which one was the market price; the buying at 790 or the selling at 678 ? Why such a difference between both + fees.. all exchanges are like this ?
And where can I find the real market price if coinmarketcap sometimes lags ?

I don't know what arbing is.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:31:52 PM

The price depends on the volume and market activity for every exchange so you can't see all of them with the same price. Coinmarketcap as stated in their FAQ "Price is calculated by taking the volume weighted average of all prices reported at each market. Sources for the prices can be found on the markets section on each cryptocurrency page.".

For example, a coin/token pump hard in cex.io but not so much in others because of volume difference. Coinmarketcap will get the average of all available markets listed so the price to be shown there would be lower than the price you see in cex.io.

Another point is sometimes not all market is listed in coinmarketcap, the price would be different if you add another market right. So for me use it as guide but remember that your success still depends on you and the exchange you are on.
likeBTC

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:33:32 PM

That is pure supply and demand, the same happened when bitcoin was $18000 and it was being sold at $22,000 on hitBTC, if the price is that, is because there is people disposed to pay that amount of money for it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PECULIUM First Saving System in CryptoCurrency Driven by Artificial Intelligence  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    PRIVATE SALE ~$2M PLEDGED  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

/ WHITEPAPER / ANN / BOUNTY / TELEGRAM /
ThinkAndGrowRich (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:48:31 PM

The price depends on the volume and market activity for every exchange so you can't see all of them with the same price. Coinmarketcap as stated in their FAQ "Price is calculated by taking the volume weighted average of all prices reported at each market. Sources for the prices can be found on the markets section on each cryptocurrency page.".

For example, a coin/token pump hard in cex.io but not so much in others because of volume difference. Coinmarketcap will get the average of all available markets listed so the price to be shown there would be lower than the price you see in cex.io.

Another point is sometimes not all market is listed in coinmarketcap, the price would be different if you add another market right. So for me use it as guide but remember that your success still depends on you and the exchange you are on.

Thank you. I somewhat understand it but not totally it still smells fishy.
If 1 Eth was 790$ on cex.io at that time and the average was 678 on coinmarketcap then it means there is at least one exchange house were it is much lower or a few were it is a little lower ?
I find it hard to believe this. What's the point of buying on cex.io then at that time ?

"For example, a coin/token pump hard in cex.io but not so much in others because of volume difference"
What do you mean with this ?
ThinkAndGrowRich (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:05:25 PM

That is pure supply and demand, the same happened when bitcoin was $18000 and it was being sold at $22,000 on hitBTC, if the price is that, is because there is people disposed to pay that amount of money for it.

Isn't supply and demand the market price ?
GirlBitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Dronair Best Operating For Cargo Robotics Industry

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:11:37 PM

This is simply the price difference of the commercial site, but I think it will balance sooner. Because most of the commercial sites try to balance the prices between pages, to avoid the transfer of coin floors. cex.io is a fairly large trading site with a lot of trading volume, i think next time i will redirect to this trading site.
ThinkAndGrowRich (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:38:30 AM

This is simply the price difference of the commercial site, but I think it will balance sooner. Because most of the commercial sites try to balance the prices between pages, to avoid the transfer of coin floors. cex.io is a fairly large trading site with a lot of trading volume, i think next time i will redirect to this trading site.

You will start using cex.io ? How can you make money if the difference between the sell and buy is more than 100$ ?
I buy 1 Eth for 800$ (sells for 700$) and it needs to move to 900$ (sell for 800$) to break even without even counting 7% fees.
 Can somebody explain how we can make money if it is like this ? I must not understand something..
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:04:25 AM

You will start using cex.io ? How can you make money if the difference between the sell and buy is more than 100$ ?
I buy 1 Eth for 800$ (sells for 700$) and it needs to move to 900$ (sell for 800$) to break even without even counting 7% fees.
 Can somebody explain how we can make money if it is like this ? I must not understand something..
Buy Ξ some where else and dump them on Cex.io for profit, Mercatox is another exchange that you could some times find some cheap coins, when you find them you should buy and then sell them on some other exchange for the profit, before doing that, make sure to check their wallet status, some times they would disable a wallet in order to pump the price.

🖤😏
ThinkAndGrowRich (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:05:55 AM

[/quote]
Buy Ξ some where else and dump them on Cex.io for profit, Mercatox is another exchange that you could some times find some cheap coins, when you find them you should buy and then sell them on some other exchange for the profit, before doing that, make sure to check their wallet status, some times they would disable a wallet in order to pump the price.
[/quote]

I see. On livecoinwatch and coinmarketcap under “market” I can see prices on different exchange houses. I suppose it is the buy price. I checked and it does lag behind like for example it shows 700$ for cex.io but it is 750$ on cex.io
Still it can give me an idea. Are there better sites to check the prices on each exchange ?

And how and where can I see the prices to change it back to usd ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: