Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:11:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CryptoCoin Alerts - App that speaks your cryptocoin values out loud  (Read 2110 times)
edric (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:58:26 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 01:55:55 AM by edric

CryptoCoin Alerts is an app I'm developing that will allow you to receive timed alerts, giving you current prices on your choice of cryptocoins. Right now, the app is in the very early stage of development, but I'm releasing a sneak preview to you guys right now. What sets my app apart from other exchange monitoring apps is that it will speak your alerts out loud, giving you the freedom to do what you want to do, watching a movie or playing games, while not missing out on that price jump you've been waiting on!

Right now functionality is limited to a simple timed alert, and only gives you BTC > USD and LTC > USD.
Reports all cryptocurrencies now. You select from the dropdown menu the alert interval (in minutes) and press the Run button. The checkboxes have no function at the moment but that is changing within the next day or two!

Planned features:
Choose from many cryptocurrencies (BTC, LTC, FTC, CHN, NMC, PPC, TRC, NVC, and more)
BTC conversion currencies USD, RUR, EUR
Ability to filter alerts, such as when your watched currency reaches a specified high or low value
More exchanges besides BTC-E

Once the initial phase of development and testing is complete I may decide to expand upon the app to include such features as a trading API for select exchanges. Feature suggestions and any donations are very welcome, as well!

Please give it a try and let me know what you think! An update with much more functionality is coming within a day or two. Source code is included in the download, for you tinfoil hat guys! I'm trying to make a (good) name for myself here, so no dirty apps from me.

Download link: https://mega.co.nz/#!qElwEKQR!HjzT6HzgRZf4Fnq0PEZNLDdIza01MogI7Nnvu2xKTF8

Thanks for reading.
-Edric

Edit 5/7/13, 5:23PM: App and download link has been updated, CryptoCoin conversion rates are now available. Changed the way the "stop" button works, so it should stop jabbering once you hit stop instead of continuing a couple of times. Please give it a try and let me know what you think. I'm considering shortening the notification speeches, they seem a little long. If anyone has some feedback on what would be more suitable, I'm all ears!

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
syn999

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:16:20 AM

so anyone tests out yet?

Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:39:56 AM

Great idea. It's becoming hard to track all these alt coins.. There's so many popping up. I'm sure many people will find use for this idea.
edric (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:10:34 PM

Great idea. It's becoming hard to track all these alt coins.. There's so many popping up. I'm sure many people will find use for this idea.

Update coming tonight and will have many more features implemented. You'll be able to monitor all your coins while you play games, watch movies, etc. Hope you guys like it, I know it's saving me a ton of screen-watching!

edric (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:28:05 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2013, 10:49:18 PM by edric

OP has been updated, more function added to the app. Right now it's Windows only, Android, Mac, and Linux versions may be upcoming, depending on how useful people find it! Suggestions and criticism are welcome, as well as any generous donations! Source code is included in the app, for those of you that use LiveCode. If there's any LiveCoders here, please take the time to generate the app from my included source to verify that my app is clean and doesn't contain anything that'll blow up your pc! Thanks!

Thanks for reading!
-Edric

edric (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 11:51:15 PM

Welp, I was under the impression that people would, uh, actually use this...

If there's any interest at all, I'm gonna add bter.com coin values to the program as well. Setting of custom filters could be in the works soon, as well as additional platforms, but first there needs to be interest! I thought the idea would be catchy for those arbitrageurs who don't wanna be glued to the screen every second, but have some freedom to move around the house and still know what's going on!

So what's up, guys?

edric (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 11:20:19 PM

App has been updated. Link in OP is updated.

-Fixed weird bug where it'd just blab forever, without giving any useful information (such as, um, numbers).
-Added Gox and Bitstamp BTC > USD rates.
-Changed "Hear all values" button to "Hear all Checked Values" - Thanks, Deprived!
-Started thinking about error handling, but didn't do anything about it! WEE!

Still in the works: A filtration system. Currently toying with ideas how to make it work without breaking the rest of the app.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: