Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:28:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin to be released soon.  (Read 36609 times)
stevenh512

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:51:23 AM

I know cancer treatment drugs can be ridiculously expensive.

While this isn't the only reason (patents are also a big part of the problem), a lot of cancer treatment drugs are expensive because they contain platinum. Having survived my own battle with cancer, I can tell you that platinum also has a number of harmful long-term side effects, over 6 years later I still deal with those side effects on a daily basis.

I support this and any other serious effort to find a cure for cancer that doesn't involve pumping our bodies with poisons like cisplatin and etoposide.

This signature intentionally left blank.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:56:27 AM

Nice!!

Will it be possible to mine this sustainably on a dual core laptop? Now that would be cool  Cool
TruCoin

Activity: 210

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:00:23 AM

Nice!!

Will it be possible to mine this sustainably on a dual core laptop? Now that would be cool  Cool

keep up the great work !! truly a honorable coin and cause .

OurSUBMARINEGo

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:23:29 AM

Awesome! Bookmarking.  Grin
bfan

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:47:25 AM

like this concept

BTC:1AhzyASvKgAHBuEvJ16YuXkucPrSonBLUP
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 08:02:31 AM

I know cancer treatment drugs can be ridiculously expensive.

While this isn't the only reason (patents are also a big part of the problem), a lot of cancer treatment drugs are expensive because they contain platinum. Having survived my own battle with cancer, I can tell you that platinum also has a number of harmful long-term side effects, over 6 years later I still deal with those side effects on a daily basis.

I support this and any other serious effort to find a cure for cancer that doesn't involve pumping our bodies with poisons like cisplatin and etoposide.

IMO this is THE most important reason to support this coin. Traditionally medical research is funded by the same companies that sell you the treatments. Conflict of interest much? Creating an independent pool of funds from which to drive research in ACTUAL CURES not just harmful proprietary treatments could change the medical industry for the better, save lives, and increase the quality and longevity of many people's lives.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:08:23 PM

This is going to sound a bit harsh. Please resolve these issues as I like the concept Wink

-Launch site - to be decided. <<---- what does this mean? Source code and binaries might be getting released elsewhere. There is a possibility this coin will be first released on a university website.

What I read: "Premine FTW!"

This might sound a bit harsh too.

This is exactly the type of greed i intend to avoid.

So... youre saying if YOU dont get it released on YOUR favorite site, then its a premine because they saw it first? how fast is you hashing power and how badly do you want to rape the curecoin?

Also, why are you so afraid of logging onto a university forum? Not enough pump in dump scammers there for you to feel comfortable?

Sorry, this is going to be launched in a fair manner. If you dont like it because its not your easy pump n dump your used to, then dont mine, dont fold, and dont bother me, because all the greed flowing on this site is what will make me release this OPENLY and PUBLICLY on a university forum.(yea, there is a world outside this forum, maybe you should spend as much time on university forums as you do here)

Next person that suggests how they want this to happen for reasons of their own greed will be the one who makes it so bitcointalk is the last place to hear about it. You obviously dont care in the slightest about helping advance our world, but rather it seems you would like to stick to first come first to get served rich and everyone esle is fucked. this will be one of only a few slam posts im going to respond to. i have some god damn coding to do and its hard to concentrate when i know people are itching to pump n dump my coin.

Here is something for you... if this is released in a university, it wont take long anyways b4 you hear about it. MORE IMPORTANTLY, this will give REAL BUSINESS PEOPLE who are opening businesses all over the world, a taste of crypto currency. When that happens, you might actually be able to go spend you crypto at a business instead of just the current, extremely limited marketplace 

Just face it, people will soon not let you make money from pump n dump, i think everyone here is learning that.

congrats, you just delayed the release because now i want to recalculate a better way to STOP PUMP N DUMP.

and i want a reply about your hashing power - id like to know just how badly you are planning on raping a coin designed to help to cure cancer

I think you should watch your blood pressure. If you release it on an open public access university forum first (of course linking to the forum in advance) it is not a pre-mine. If you purposively hide it so you and the other users of the other forum have an incredible edge after the coin is released it is definitely a premine scam. Your OP seems to imply the later, please inform me it is the former.

Considering my hash rate (although it is totally irrelevant): I own 1 HD6850 and have absolutely now idea what it's hashrate is for a Scrypt based hashing algorithm. If my hashrate can rape your coin it likely means I am the only miner and the coin has zero value.

Anyway drop the attitude. Now I found out the lead developer is mentally unstable my interest has decreased considerably. The chance of me sending any hashes your way is now quite close to zero.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:10:43 PM

Is this technically possible?
Who decides what's the work miners have to do? A central entity, correct? And so, how is a distribuited currency possible?

I'm quite sure that Satoshi tough about this, after going over it.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
aikklond
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:19:53 PM

This is an Excellent Idea!
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:07:28 PM

I doubt that this guy has the means to make an efficient folding simulator, secondly I consider it very hard to believe that he can fuse folding and scrypt in the same place.
Third, how can research institutions benefit from a uncontrollable, decentralized simulator where they can't readjust parameters at will?
cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 10:07:48 PM

I doubt that this guy has the means to make an efficient folding simulator, secondly I consider it very hard to believe that he can fuse folding and scrypt in the same place.
Third, how can research institutions benefit from a uncontrollable, decentralized simulator where they can't readjust parameters at will?

Just FYI, you and the rest of the nay sayers obviously have no idea how im putting this together.

knowledge belief truth justification, all part of the "theory of knowledge"

Not to worry, i was just informed by someone with more knowledge of the crypto world that any of you, that bitcointalk.org is the last place on earth i should release this. so you dont have to concern yourself anymore.

and LMAO at this

From
iPaulito

(No subject)
« Sent to: cygnusxi on: May 07, 2013, 08:45:40 PM »
Quote  Reply  Delete 
Hi about a week ago I thought that it is just a matter of time when somebody will come up with curecoin and so I registered www.curecoin.org and paid for it 10$.
I thought that it will be just another alt clone without purpose, but when I see that you managed to give it a real purpose I would like to give it to you for just 1000 curecoins to cover my 10$ payment and also I would love to hold some coins with a higher purpose. 
Ofcourse only if you are interested
Thank you

nice waste of ten dollars. domain names are not subject to copyright, but anything you put on that site is... good luck finding a use for it.

I already have a nice place to launch...

Cheers

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:52:20 PM

Just FYI, you and the rest of the nay sayers obviously have no idea how im putting this together.

knowledge belief truth justification, all part of the "theory of knowledge"

Not to worry, i was just informed by someone with more knowledge of the crypto world that any of you, that bitcointalk.org is the last place on earth i should release this. so you dont have to concern yourself anymore.

and LMAO at this

From
iPaulito

(No subject)
« Sent to: cygnusxi on: May 07, 2013, 08:45:40 PM »
Quote  Reply  Delete 
Hi about a week ago I thought that it is just a matter of time when somebody will come up with curecoin and so I registered www.curecoin.org and paid for it 10$.
I thought that it will be just another alt clone without purpose, but when I see that you managed to give it a real purpose I would like to give it to you for just 1000 curecoins to cover my 10$ payment and also I would love to hold some coins with a higher purpose. 
Ofcourse only if you are interested
Thank you

nice waste of ten dollars. domain names are not subject to copyright, but anything you put on that site is... good luck finding a use for it.

I already have a nice place to launch...

Cheers

If anyone gives this muppet any coins for his 'I happened to register curecoin.org, please premine for me' scam I am calling the death of this coin.
cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 12:08:42 AM

If anyone gives this muppet any coins for his 'I happened to register curecoin.org, please premine for me' scam I am calling the death of this coin.

lol dont worry, all he gets is butthurt by his own ignorance.

Like i said, having a good place to launch wont be a problem, especially with the approval of this project i have from stanford  Grin

maybe he should go buy .com .net .biz ETC ETC just in case i want those lol = spend 100$ on a domain that worthless to him

Besides, since i launched this thread i have offers coming from everyone everywhere to donate time and resources...

Ill be watching his site to see what he puts on there. Domain names dont fall under copyright law, but everything posted on the site does.

If he was a decent human being he would just give me the domain that he spent 10$ intended for curing cancer. he is as bad as the drug companies, trying to rip off the little guy for a cure for cancer.

consider it a $10 donation to the efforts of fighting cancer, and just hand it over... if he does hand it over.. at least everyone will know where it is getting launched! So if you guys want to know a for sure launch site... better tell him to hand it over lmao... troll the hell out of him if you have to. i can only spend so many hours making troll posts and still work on my project.

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
jj9guy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:38:02 AM

I really hope this coin leads to a cure for cancer so that its achievements match the self-importance of its creator.
iPaulito

Activity: 150

1EDwkxCjCMGGNQqZdxa8FwheMHXSoQe4TU

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:38:45 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 12:52:37 AM by iPaulito

Why such a hate? Of course if you really make it happen for a good purpose I will hand it over. No problem.
I registred it thinking that someone will do pump and dump coin from it and I could make some profit from it - that is all and I do not see problem with it. And looking at your signature I am not 100% percent sure that you are REALLY going to create same as you promise.
As I wrote earlier I definitely support coins which have better purpose
There is about 1/3 of a chance that I will get cancer in my life, so there is no reason to be against this
bitsalame
Donator

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:13:04 AM

This currency if it ever sees the light, might have a surprising effect, and not the one you might expect.
Monetary incentives for altruistic projects might have a paradoxical effect of actually diminishing the altruistic activities once the monetary incentives are gone (if it is planned as a deflationary currency à la bitcoin)

This phenomena is well known and studied in motivation psychology.
Extrinsic incentives can destroy intrinsic motivations.

So, be careful in how you design this, as there will be an extra variable to deal with.
achillez

Activity: 874

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:16:21 AM

This currency if it ever sees the light, might have a surprising effect, and not the one you might expect.
Monetary incentives for altruistic projects might have a paradoxical effect of actually diminishing the altruistic activities once the monetary incentives are gone (if it is planned as a deflationary currency à la bitcoin)

So, be careful in how you design this, as there will be an extra variable to deal with.

So in other words greedy kids won't do anything here because they don't see value in supporting something for a good cause? 
bitsalame
Donator

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:27:12 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2013, 09:08:14 PM by bitsalame

So in other words greedy kids won't do anything here because they don't see value in supporting something for a good cause?  

No, let me bring you a very interesting experiment.
There was a classroom with kids who naturally enjoyed reading books and other kids who didn't even touch a book.
The researchers brought a monetary incentive for reading, naturally those who didn't read books started reading them and those who were originally reading kept reading.
When the researchers stopped with the incentives, instead of falling back to the original baseline of readers/no-readers, it fell even further back: even those who naturally enjoyed reading stopped reading books.

The extrinsic motivation (monetary incentive) destroyed the intrinsic motivation (the pleasure for reading for the sake of reading).
There are Activities that are more rewarding for the sake of doing good or something cool.

There were other failed projects of social networks where users were rewarded with money if they brought friends to their networks. It sounded like an amazing idea at first, getting paid for something that you are already doing anyways: but they all failed miserably. The moment they fusioned rewards for pleasurable activities it was a death sentence for those projects.

Donating time and CPU power for folding@home for the sake of it is good, in fact they are generating several petaflops by their own.
Now, any attempt to fusion folding@home or boinc with cryptocurrencies MIGHT in fact endanger those projects.

This is a big red alert, and it must be planned very carefully.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:15:49 PM

Why such a hate? Of course if you really make it happen for a good purpose I will hand it over. No problem.

The OP is a really hateful anti-social individual. Quite sad as this could have been quite interesting. I hope this comes to nothing and someone that's actually remotely likable takes over (so don't hand over the domain).
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:18:08 PM

support you

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██