Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:05:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Modest Proposals  (Read 2720 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:09:52 AM

For Preventing the Depreciation of Bitcoin and For Ensuring that the Only Way is UP! UP! UP!

Since Bitcoin is backed by drama and lulz, the obvious approach would be to increase the available drama and distributed lulz circulating through the system. Therefore I think all intelligent observers educated in the means and ways of Bitcoin will readily agree with the wisdom and practicality of the following proposed measures:

- BFL should fire Josh forthwith. Of late he's been a sluggard and derelict in his drama duties, providing indeed very little of any value. Instead BFL should hire Uppity Tortilla, who is both more talented, more dynamic and more finnish than Inaba ever was. Payment can continue as before in betsofbitco.in stock and (slightly) used potato chips to which no self respecting Tortilla would object.

- The current holder, principal, chief janitor and grand master of the largest bitcoin precious metal fund (according to his own weights and measurements created for the occasion), Princess Pokemon Oliver Usagi the IVXth should unite powers with the CEO-President etc of Silvervault, Hopea.fi, EIH among others. This merger would create a behemoth (tentatively named Amalgamated Conglomerate?) which would at the very least allow the general (and mostly unsuspecting) public be exposed to the ultimate cocktail of imaginary holdings in precious volatilities as well as market synergies and also advice with commentary and adnotation in heretofore unprecedented volumes (not to mention complexity and raw raving apoplexy).

- Mr Risoto Quesadilla should proceed with a court case against MtGox for approximately 75 million dollars' worth of liquidated damages on the indisputable grounds that CIA agents hired by Tibanne and sporting mutual sigiliums were expected to start jumping from the Bushes at any moment as the supernode collapsed in a (small) cloud of dust. The suit should probably take the form of a class action because those are the coolest suits available and be pressed in a convenient jurisdiction such as the self-proclaimed Transdnistrian republic (or perhaps under the covers, with a flashlight).

- Mike Caldwell should advise and above all encourage as much as possible the participants in all the foregoing. With his muchly respected wit, accumulated experience, recognised bon humour and solid principled stance of benevolence towards all bipedal life forms as if they were equally the same - irrespective of merit, competence, the presence of beaks or any other such divisive, discriminatory considerations - it is certainly undubious that only good and positive results can be expected.

This of course leaves open some minor questions, such as "why are there no women involved in Bitcoin", "why is there no exchange with a trade engine capable of serving trades the same day", "how come to this day nobody has any clue what the Bitcoin client will do in any practical circumstance" and so forth, but there's little doubt in my mind that such inconsequential considerations will continue to wait as they have undisturbed since at least 2009.

Thank you for your time dear reader and up your Bitcoin!

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:29:45 AM

In the same vein I would suggest the foundation of the Charles Hoskinson Institute of Bitcoin Studies, where students can enroll in online classes learning all about noted Bitcoin luminary Charles Hoskinson.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:31:10 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 01:36:03 PM by MPOE-PR

It seems that somebody had sneaked into our log sauna and deleted part of my earlier modest list of proposals. MP has ordered a full investigation!

It is not clear yet what the damage may be, although it is certainly NOT the case that after "10+ years of experiencing impeccable customer service etc" it's presented us with a bill we can't readily pay. This because MP owns it outright, both equipment and staff. In any event, at least one proposal went missing. Fortunately I was able to preserve a copy and so here it is:

- Amir Taaki and Cachanga Sopaipilla should start their own TV show to help spread the Bitcoin goodword and assorted Jesusing. For this purpose they need a webcam stuck in demo mode and one large caterpillar costume. Amir would climb on the shoulders of Cachanga and they'd share responsibilities: Amir speaks incoherently, Cachanga gestures lively. For best results the whole thing should be filmed sideways and uploaded to youtube where it will receive one million thumbs. UP! UP! UP!

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MXRider

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:36:34 PM

I have over 13 370 mBTC and I make more money whenever I want. If you see me not making money it's because all of my five bank accounts are full.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:40:24 PM

I have over 13 370 mBTC and I make more money whenever I want. If you see me not making money it's because all of my five bank accounts are full.

Hello sir. You should come to the superdiode thank you.

crumbcake

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 03:31:03 PM

For Preventing the Depreciation of Bitcoin and For Ensuring that the Only Way is UP! UP! UP!

Since Bitcoin is backed by drama and lulz, the obvious approach would be to increase the available drama and distributed lulz circulating through the system. Therefore I think all intelligent observers educated in the means and ways of Bitcoin will readily agree with the wisdom and practicality of the following proposed measures:

- BFL should fire Josh forthwith. Of late he's been a sluggard and derelict in his drama duties, providing indeed very little of any value. Instead BFL should hire Uppity Tortilla, who is both more talented, more dynamic and more finnish than Inaba ever was. Payment can continue as before in betsofbitco.in stock and (slightly) used potato chips to which no self respecting Tortilla would object.

- The current holder, principal, chief janitor and grand master of the largest bitcoin precious metal fund (according to his own weights and measurements created for the occasion), Princess Pokemon Oliver Usagi the IVXth should unite powers with the CEO-President etc of Silvervault, Hopea.fi, EIH among others. This merger would create a behemoth (tentatively named Amalgamated Conglomerate?) which would at the very least allow the general (and mostly unsuspecting) public be exposed to the ultimate cocktail of imaginary holdings in precious volatilities as well as market synergies and also advice with commentary and adnotation in heretofore unprecedented volumes (not to mention complexity and raw raving apoplexy).

- Mr Risoto Quesadilla should proceed with a court case against MtGox for approximately 75 million dollars' worth of liquidated damages on the indisputable grounds that CIA agents hired by Tibanne and sporting mutual sigiliums were expected to start jumping from the Bushes at any moment as the supernode collapsed in a (small) cloud of dust. The suit should probably take the form of a class action because those are the coolest suits available and be pressed in a convenient jurisdiction such as the self-proclaimed Transdnistrian republic (or perhaps under the covers, with a flashlight).

- Mike Caldwell should advise and above all encourage as much as possible the participants in all the foregoing. With his muchly respected wit, accumulated experience, recognised bon humour and solid principled stance of benevolence towards all bipedal life forms as if they were equally the same - irrespective of merit, competence, the presence of beaks or any other such divisive, discriminatory considerations - it is certainly undubious that only good and positive results can be expected.

This of course leaves open some minor questions, such as "why are there no women involved in Bitcoin", "why is there no exchange with a trade engine capable of serving trades the same day", "how come to this day nobody has any clue what the Bitcoin client will do in any practical circumstance" and so forth, but there's little doubt in my mind that such inconsequential considerations will continue to wait as they have undisturbed since at least 2009.

Thank you for your time dear reader and up your Bitcoin!

Bitcoin is backed by more than just drama and lulz.  Birthed from the seeds of brilliant intercorse, suckled on the tubes of the interwebs, it blossomed into a delicious cripto-loli -- loved and desired by all. 

Many have courted this precocious child, their advances thwarted by a curt "have a seat over there."  Nay, the way into bitcoin is not wide, but (still) narrow (no thanks to you, you filthy p...) Bespeckled sages have prophesied of Bitcoin's Age of Consent, beseeching the seekers to"zip it up, fer chrissakes!" 'till that longed-for time.  Their words, for those who have the ears to hear them, ring as true now as the day they were first spoken:  "Ply her with innovation.  Bitches love innovation!" 

I humbly propose an improvement to the BTC protocol to better facilitate Bitcoin's Great White Hope:  Supernodes!
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:50:46 PM

I am a 3.5th Bitcoin Supernode, and I don't have a sauna but only a shower with hot water.
I also have a paper wallet very well hidden in said bathroom in a drawer that my kids are absolutly forbidden to open.
I even put a "forbidden" sign on the drawer.
I am absolutly sure my kids had access to the drawer at least 3 times during the last week-end and you know that my wife told to them ? Nothing !!!!

But don't worry, I will move my coins as soon as I understand how to import the private keys in the bitcoin client which should not take more than 12 days (I am a supernode after all).

Am I allowed to participate ?

Shower pics required to deliberate. Make sure you take very absolute proximization precautions.

crumbcake

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:09:13 PM

Typical response by laymen to true innovation:  Distrust and scepticism.  "Yea, yeah," bitch the cynics, "it won't scale!"  Fuck YOU!  It does too scale!

A few minor problems, but i'll shake 'em out in beta.  And this baby can take a huge EMP without skipping a beat!  * Trustworthy*.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:07:58 PM

Finally you have posted something entertaining and not just bitchy.
kudos.
Still think you are a dude.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: