Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:03:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie wanting to mine LTC  (Read 493 times)
PriitV (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:57:46 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2017, 10:29:40 AM by PriitV

I have been exploring the fascinating world of cryptomining over the last few days and found that along with the big and expensive rigs (Antminers etc) that cost a fortune there are also some miners that are connected by USB. Does anyone have experience with these devices? I would be really interested in trying them out  Smiley

Edit: forgot to add earlier - if anyone has experience with these, how much power to they use and do they use CPU/RAM of the computer?
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:12:57 PM

I'm not aware of any USB based Scrypt miner that is worth buying.  

If you have an Antminer L3+ (504 MH/s) right now -- you are in good shape.  

Mine is paying about .02 to .022 BTC every 24 hours.  Quite impressive @ about 760 watts.

couture

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:15:21 PM

To my knowledge, anything that mines via a USB stick right now is going to be a waste of time I'm afraid

Save up a few thousand, then your probably ready to enter the market somewhere.. somewhen... somehow

Good luck  Grin
PriitV (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:37:04 PM

I'm not aware of any USB based Scrypt miner that is worth buying.  

If you have an Antminer L3+ (504 MH/s) right now -- you are in good shape.  

Mine is paying about .02 to .022 BTC every 24 hours.  Quite impressive @ about 760 watts.

Only 6000 bucks on Amazon.. Lovely. Don't have that kind of money to invest at the moment unfortunately.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 09:03:55 PM

At current profitability levels, the old Gridseed GC3355 based gear like their "80 blade" and Orb units are profitable - but not by a lot unless you have VERY cheap electric, and you better GET them super-cheap if you expect to pay one off.

The Moonlander (Alcheminer-based USB stick) should be even more profitable, but payback is going to take a LONG time on it unless you get on VERY cheap.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:09:36 PM

I have been exploring the fascinating world of cryptomining over the last few days and found that along with the big and expensive rigs (Antminers etc) that cost a fortune there are also some miners that are connected by USB. Does anyone have experience with these devices? I would be really interested in trying them out  Smiley

Edit: forgot to add earlier - if anyone has experience with these, how much power to they use and do they use CPU/RAM of the computer?
When mining altcoins you can use a computer power but in bitcoin your gonna need a hardware miner build for mining i guess ltc is already in the top ten cryptocurrency so obviously its gonna be hard to mine this coins but i guess powerful computer like 4gpu is not bad.
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 12:15:33 AM

Litecoin mining is already available for whales only.

Unless you have a few tens of asic devices called antminer L3+
It's for $1370

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=0002017041211583458538J49cKq063A

You can read more about it there and calculate your profits in many calulators online
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: