Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:22:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PRE - ICO] PROVIDE: DECENTRALIZED RIDE SHARING  (Read 1829 times)
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:14:31 PM

Though the idea is not that new anymore, but it has not been implemented successfully yet.
Drivers and commuters will learn how to use then the ETH platform.
I hope this one will not operate only in the US.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mnmnmn

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:17:50 PM

How will you solve the practical problem of recruiting a critical mass of drivers to participate? Uber and Lyft spend a ton of money advertising to recruit drivers.
provide (OP)

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:56:09 AM

How will you solve the practical problem of recruiting a critical mass of drivers to participate? Uber and Lyft spend a ton of money advertising to recruit drivers.

Some proceeds of the ICO will be concentrated in our target markets as needed to recruit drivers. We think targeting Uber and Lyft drivers is a great way to find great drivers Smiley
HenryRomp

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

Separation of currency and state.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 04:12:08 AM

So why do you guys need to have PRVD tokens for this to work? Couldn't you make a decentralized Uber type system that is powered by bitcoin transactions instead of making a new token?

A properly secured wallet with bitcoin is in my opinion the safest, most secure, best all-around bet for holding wealth at this moment in history. Go ahead, call me crazy. They've been calling me crazy since 2013.
https://churchofbitcoin.org/
provide (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:39:19 AM

So why do you guys need to have PRVD tokens for this to work? Couldn't you make a decentralized Uber type system that is powered by bitcoin transactions instead of making a new token?

PRVD tokens are utility tokens that the platform uses as fuel to power all transactions in the app (the fares paid to drivers are actually paid in the driver's currency off choice as long as its supported). We are planning to support BTC transactions and USD too for that matter-- behind the scenes PRVD tokens are bought and sold on the market as needed.

The reason this is a good fit for blockchain is to enable transparency and dramatically reduce centralization.

Here is one scenario:

Drivers who want to speculate on the price of BTC might elect to be paid in BTC instead of USD. Someone in need of a ride could use a credit card to pay USD into the platform, which will exchange those dollars for PRVD tokens behind the scenes and then exchange those PRVD tokens for BTC on the open market.
Kennedy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:44:50 AM

for the future hopefully this project is successfull but I'm waiting for more information about this project,
HenryRomp

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

Separation of currency and state.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 12:45:31 PM

Where are you planning to focus the launch? Is this going to be primarily in the USA or also in other countries?

A properly secured wallet with bitcoin is in my opinion the safest, most secure, best all-around bet for holding wealth at this moment in history. Go ahead, call me crazy. They've been calling me crazy since 2013.
https://churchofbitcoin.org/
provide (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:34:11 PM

Where are you planning to focus the launch? Is this going to be primarily in the USA or also in other countries?

NYC, Austin, SF... major tech hubs.

From past experiments it seems there is significant demand for this thing from Uber drivers. They need freedom to run their own businesses...
provide (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:32:24 PM

NYC, Austin, SF... major tech hubs.

From past experiments it seems there is significant demand for this thing from Uber drivers. They need freedom to run their own businesses...

A draft version of the whitepaper has been published. We look forward to your feedback: https://s3.amazonaws.com/prvd-token/docs/prvd-whitepaper.pdf

Thanks. Also note that the token sale officially begins 9/1 but the contract is able to accept contributions at this time and we intend to announce bounty/airdrop programs shortly that will offer up to 2 million PRVD tokens as a reward for early marketing efforts... stay tuned for those announcements!
TheStrudeler

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:45:23 AM

Am i the first to read the white paper?   Roll Eyes

Good stuff! You gotta also have a strong legal team to deal with insurance claim (if accident happens) and potential lawsuit (if someone got injured or lost something)...

So is there an escrow? Didn't see it in white paper
provide (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:19:57 AM

Am i the first to read the white paper?   Roll Eyes

Good stuff! You gotta also have a strong legal team to deal with insurance claim (if accident happens) and potential lawsuit (if someone got injured or lost something)...

So is there an escrow? Didn't see it in white paper

No escrow, but the coins are not going to be issued and distributed to purchasers until after the sale period (and the tokens are exchange-listed). Essentially, the Ether will sit in the multisig until enough has been raised to proceed AND the token has been exchange-listed to ensure liquidity. At that time, tokens will be minted and issued to purchasers.

There are details related to the mechanics of the token and sale contracts and links to those contracts in the whitepaper.

Thanks for the feedback!
provide (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:24:10 AM

Our ICO has been postponed until September 15th. See our official announcement at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2151389.msg21521675#msg21521675 for screenshots and more details. Thanks for your interest!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: