Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:47:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] BattleDrome - Gladiator Combat For Fun & Profit. [In Development]  (Read 6306 times)
Glasswalker (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 12:08:56 PM

How the tokens are going to be used in the game?
need more info on the toke ecosystem

Hey, thanks for the question.

The website serves as the white paper, and actually gives a lot of info of exactly how the token will be used (between the main text and the FAQ answers)

But I'll try to give a quick answer here for you:
  • Fame is used to create a gladiator, and to equip them, train them etc. Fees are paid to the engine for these things. 100% of those fees actually are held by the gladiator, they are not taken as skim or by the "house"
  • When a gladiator is defeated in battle, the gladiator who defeated them takes half of the fame held within the gladiator
  • Gladiators can also win fame by being victorious overall in an event, but more on that later.
  • Gladiators are "Owned" by a player. They can be traded, etc. So as you fight, the gladiator gains skills, earns fame, etc. And becomes a better warrior, able to more easily win in battle. In addition, as they win more fame they are holding actual value. The gladiator themselves own the fame.
  • A player can choose to "retire" a gladiator. This is permenant,
    and you would then need to start over, all skills etc that are gained by the warrior, are now lost. However the benefit of doing this is 100% of the gladiator fame is sent to the player. So this acts as a "Cash out" mechanism
  • Gladiators can earn fame in several ways, and the cash out isn't the only way fame is earned by the player. Over time every time a gladiator earns fame, a small percentage is skimmed by the player that owns them. So building up a gladiator will earn fame slowly, depending on the success of the gladiator, but cashing out is a lump sum. As the gladiator levels up, they can potentially warm fame faster, meaning it's a decision by the player to keep building or cash out by retiring.
  • There is an entrance fee for an event. This is paid by the gladiator, not the player. Though the player can at any time send more fame to the gladiator if they run low. The fee is not skimmed by the house, 100% of it is put into the event pool.
  • The event pool can also earn money via advertisers. Who also bid fame in an auction, to secure one of the advertising slots in the event. This gets them advertising during the spectating of the event, the losing bids get their money back, but any winning bid is kept and put into the event pool as well
  • Finally there is wagering on the events. Spectators can wager using fame, which gladiator they think will win. If correct, they can win a portion of the betting pool. It works kind of like a 50/50, 50% of the loosing bets goes into the event pool, the other 50% is won by the winning bets. Wagering will help to drive spectating, also increasing the value of the advertising.
  • the event pool is split up with most of it used as the prize for the winning gladiator. If there is no winner, it is held for the next event, building up the prize pool. A small portion is reserved for the "crew" that help run the event. None is kept by the "house"
  • Any spectator can help out by driving the transactions that power the event and the combat engine. They do this via essentially a "mining" activity while spectating. This costs them some gas, but all crew divide up the crew share of the event share, compensating them with fame making this activity worthwhile.

This ecosystem creates demand for fame via many avenues, and makes it profitable via fame to participate in many ways.

The fame put into the system is 100% circulated in and out between participants. There is absolutely no "skim" or "house advantage"

We hope that a secondary market will also develop around the training and buildup of effective Gladiators.

And of course we plan to expand the ways in which a gladiator can be used, new event types, new things to participate in, and ways to expand the ecosystem around fame tokens.

Does that help answer the question? I suggest you re-read the website, and all faq entries, as that may also help explain this.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to follow up on this thread, or contact us via email at icosupport@battledrome.io

Thanks! Hopefully we can count on your support!

BattleDrome: Blockchain based Gladiator Combat for fun and profit!
http://www.battledrome.io/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bogdanbm

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:23:43 PM

Impressive!

I like that.

Well, i would like to know one more thing.

Is any fame created after the ICO ends? I mean for example, do new players gain at start an minimum amount of fame? Will they be able to buy fame withing the game for example from a market that is linked to an exchange? How are they going to participate to invents if they don't have any fame, or will be able to earn fame?

Asking because I am curious if normal players, that are not cyrpto experts will be able to buy fame from the market
bogdanbm

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:29:56 PM

One more question, how you guys are earning money from the game, how are you going to support the development costs trough the years
Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 06:57:17 PM

Impressive!

I like that.

Well, i would like to know one more thing.

Is any fame created after the ICO ends? I mean for example, do new players gain at start an minimum amount of fame? Will they be able to buy fame withing the game for example from a market that is linked to an exchange? How are they going to participate to invents if they don't have any fame, or will be able to earn fame?

Asking because I am curious if normal players, that are not cyrpto experts will be able to buy fame from the market

No new fame will ever be minted after the ico. The economics will be dynamic in other ways (with supply and demand driven pricing, and adapting variables in the platform itself, much how Bitcoin uses difficulty as one variable to control mining economics.

As for how players participate, only by first aquiring fame can they "play" the game.

We are already speaking to leading cryptonexchanges and fully expect fame to be traded and liquid on at least one major exchange shortly after ico.

As for a method for new players to get in. By participating as crew any spectator can "mine" fame from events. This game is not newly minted, it is recirculated from a small portion of the fees paid to enter an event.

But this doesn't require anything but a bit of gas cost for the "crew" so that is the cheapest way in. By simply spectating events, and helping to "mine" new transactions.

And in doing so they are contributing to the fame economy by lending their eyeballs (viewers/spectators in turn grow the value of advertising etc)

Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 07:09:05 PM

One more question, how you guys are earning money from the game, how are you going to support the development costs trough the years

We don't earn any money directly from BattleDrome beyond the ico. This is by design.

The ico gives us a small amount of fame, which we can use to participate, or to sell onto the market to make extra funding. And if the platform is a great success, we fully anticipate the value of fame to increase materially.

The plan is the system will be 100% complete with basic feature set at final launch in early 2018. That goal is fully funded by the ico funds.

We have many ideas for future features as well, and intend to achieve this via in of a few means:

If the ico does well enough, the extra funds will find further development.

If we only slightly exceed the minimum, it still funds the core features to completion. But then future ideas can be funded via additional crowd funding rounds (don't worry these ideas would build on the fame ecosystem, we have some creative ideas how we could crowdfund them without detracting from the value of fame), or alternate funding methods (direct investment, community bounties, etc). The success of the initial platform will help drive additional funding initiatives as we will then have a proven track record.

In addition the entire platform will be 100% open source. Meaning the community can continue to develop on to of the basic platform as well.

We fully intended this to be something awesome for the community, and "don't be greedy" was one of our core concepts we wanted to instill in this ico. We want to be paid for our contribution of the platform, we have no interest in skimming money off the players, so 100% of all money put into the game is recirculated back to the community.

bogdanbm

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:17:31 PM

Thank you for your time explaining all these. I like everything so far, will invest. Would love to see some graphics tho sometime soon. Good luck !
Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 02:44:32 AM

Approximately 11 days to go!

Just quickly chiming in to say our supporters are awesome! And we still have support rolling in!

We continue to need your support even though we’ve crossed the threshold of the minimum goal. Every extra bit of ether contributed will help us make BattleDrome that much better!

Also it’s come to my attention that there is some confusion about the end-date of the ICO. It has always been 190,000 Blocks duration, starting on Block #3960000 this means that it will end on block 4150000 exactly.

I know that most of the ICO listing sites use actual date/time, not block number to show their count-downs and this has caused some confusion as some are reporting we’re done already.

I want to be 100% clear, we ARE NOT DONE. As per our most recent estimates we will end APPROXIMATELY 3:30am on the August 12th, Eastern Time. This is not an exact end-time, as it depends on the Ethereum Blockchain. If blocks are mined faster, or slower, this date/time will shift.

I have sent out notices to many listing sites asking them to update their countdown clocks.

I’ve also noticed some of you have attempted to run the payMe method to withdraw your FAME tokens. And you’ve received an error. This is OK! (because it’s designed to block this until the completion of the ICO, and it’s not done yet!)

If you are in doubt, feel free to check the isComplete method on the ICO contract. That is the 100% definitive source for “Are we there yet?”. If isComplete returns TRUE then we are done, and you can safely execute payMe. If you tried and got an error, no worries, you FAME is safe, and the same call will work once the ICO is done.

Thanks again for all of your support! And keep it flowing in!

I’d also like to drop a hint that very soon (in the next few days) we’ll be announcing another surprise for the final stretch of the ICO. So keep checking back here for more info! Or be sure to follow our blog on Medium at: https://medium.com/@BattleDrome

Gizzard

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:51:05 AM

Initially seeing the title of the coin & thread "BattleDrome" got me thinking it was along the lines of the robot machinery that fights to the death in arenas (BattleBots/RobotWars) though upon reading what it is about I automatically lost interest.... sorry for being so blunt about it but if the coin was aimed towards that you would have got my investment & a lot more from others wanting to witness robot slaughter, ha Cheesy

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 06:37:40 PM

Glad to see almost $200k raised. Can't wait to see how this project turns out Smiley
Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 01:52:55 AM

Glad to see almost $200k raised. Can't wait to see how this project turns out Smiley

Hey! Thanks for popping in! Yup we're excited to get to the end of the ICO next week, and start bringing the project to reality!

Hoping that we close out this week with a big bang!

Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 02:00:23 AM

New Surprise Bonus for our Contributors!
So I hinted a while ago that we had another “Surprise” up our sleeves for contributors… Now is the time to reveal it!

We’re offering 2 Bonuses to our Contributors:
  • Membership in the BattleDrome Founders Guild
  • Early access discounts on our future projects/crowd-sales for FAME holders
So what do these mean? I’m glad you asked!

Summary:
  • Founders Guild is an exclusive LIFETIME club, based on contribution level, that will give you discounts in future projects, and benefits in BattleDrome.
  • Early Access discounts apply to ANYONE who holds FAME going forward, giving “Early Bird” access to our future ICOs and crowd-funding campaigns!
Read on for the full scoop, and more details:

BattleDrome Founders Guild
The BattleDrome Founders Guild will be an exclusive list of members (based on wallet addresses) which will be permanently stored in a new Smart Contract we will deploy shortly after ICO completion.

Any address used to back BattleDrome at certain minimum levels will be added to the Founders Guild with an associated “Level”. Each Level comes with special benefits going forward (forever).

There will be NO WAY for new founders spots to be added to this list after the initial creation shortly after the ICO. And don’t worry, each “slot” will have a method allowing the “owner” address for the slot to “transfer” it to another owner (in case you change addresses in the future, or want to “give” it to someone else, etc).

So to be clear on this: NOW IS YOUR ONLY CHANCE to get into the Founders Guild, and gain these “Lifetime” benefits as a result!

Don’t worry, if you’re already backed us at one of these levels you will ALREADY get into the Founders Guild! But if you’ve backed us already, and would like to “up your game” to get into the Guild, now is the time! We’ll consider the “Total Contribution” from each unique Ethereum Address. So if you want to “add on” to your past contribution, make sure to send in any new funds from the same address!

Also, in case you are wondering, NO the Development team does not automatically get slipped in as founders, unless we also chose to back the project with our own funds. ONLY addresses who backed via the ICO contract (on public record) will be added to the Founders Guild.

The levels will be:
Founder (Level 1): Minimum 1 ETH Total contribution
Gold Founder (Level 2): Minimum 5 ETH Total contribution
Platinum Founder (Level 3): Minimum 100 ETH Total contribution
As for the benefits, here is how that will break down:

Founder:
  • Early access to “Founder Round” of funding in our future ICOs and Crowd Funds for all future projects. This will give you the absolute first shot at these opportunities. “Founder Round” will have a 20% discount rate applied to future ICOs and Crowd-Funds
  • In BattleDrome, the “Skim” you gain from your gladiator from their FAME earnings, will get a 1% bonus. This does NOT affect game-play balance/mechanics at all, but does give you a material earning bonus in the long run from your Gladiators.
  • Cosmetic Indication in the Spectator Engine that you are a Founder (to be determined exactly what this will look like, etc)
  • Potential other real benefits in future features/projects etc, as the founders list will be public, and accessible to other smart contracts, etc.

Gold Founder:
  • Everything “Founder” level gets, except your “Skim Bonus” in BattleDrome is 2% instead.
  • A visually different cosmetic indicator, differentiating Gold from regular Founders. (TBD what it will look like)

Platinum Founder:
  • Everything “Founder” level gets, except your “Skim Bonus” in BattleDrome is 3% instead.
  • A visually different cosmetic indicator, differentiating Platinum from Gold, or Regular Founders. (TBD what it will look like)

Early Access Discounts for FAME holders
In all of our future ICOs or Crowd Funding campaigns, we will have 2 “Early Access” rounds:

Founders Round, which will only be accessible to Founders (see above)

Early Bird Round, which will be open to anyone holding at least 10 FAME AT THAT TIME.

Early Bird Round will come following Founders Round, and will have a 10% discount applied to it.

What does this mean? It means that during the ICO if you have bought FAME and you hold a balance of at least 10 FAME you can get into the early-bird round in any future ICO or crowd-funding campaign. And it also means if you like, you can BUY or WIN FAME to be able to get access to the early bird round.

Basically our future versions of our crowd-funding and ICO contracts will have these “rounds” coded into them, and the “entry criteria” in the smart contract will be “are they on the list for Founders?” for Founders Rounds, and “Do they currently have enough FAME” for the Early-Bird round.

So in closing:
I think it’s obvious that we have many plans for BattleDrome, for FAME, future Features, etc. As well I’d like to be clear, we have some BIG plans for other projects. We deliberately started small, fun, and achievable. But some of our longer term future projects will be MUCH larger in scope (and profitability).

We fully intend to prove with BattleDrome that we can efficiently execute a plan, deliver a project on the Ethereum Blockchain, and do so with lean ideals, maximizing value of the contributions to our projects. As a result anyone who backed our first project, will be honored, and rewarded for having faith in us early in that journey.

I hope you’re all as excited as I am about these announcements, and hopefully we can close this ICO off with a BANG over the next week or so. And then we’ll buckle down and push hard towards the Alpha release of BattleDrome!

Thanks again for all of your support with this project so far!

Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 02:31:59 AM

Officially inside the last 24 hours!!!

We are safely inside the last 24 hours of our ICO now and sitting at the edge of our seats! We would like to thank everyone who has contributed thus far; thanks for helping with this project and for being a supporter of the Ethereum ecosystem.

So far, we have raised over 700 Ether, and as announced on July 19th, we are officially a go for the project. But, we still need your help to make BattleDrome bigger and better!

Remember, for free FAME, we have our twitter campaign, the referral program and also, our translation bounties. All of which are detailed in the following blog post:
https://medium.com/@BattleDrome/announcing-our-community-campaign-9dcaaf38e0f6

Last week, we also announced two bonuses to our contributors. The first is an exclusive lifetime membership to the BattleDrome Founders Guild. The second is earlier access to our future projects. Since BattleDrome is going to be a success, we are not going to stop there!

The details can be found in this blog post:
https://medium.com/@BattleDrome/new-surprise-bonus-for-our-contributors-966ba112cf6a

Remember, you have only 24 hours left to get in on the Founders Guild! After this it will never be possible again!

We are excited to be continuing this project, and thanks again to our existing and future backers!

Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 08:18:50 PM

Less than an hour left to get FAME!

So we’re inside the final hour!

As of this writing we’re at block 4149850 and the ICO ends at 4150000 that leaves only 150 blocks, at an approximate block time of 21 seconds, that means only about 50 minutes left!

Just under an hour left to get yourself some FAME, and entry into the Founders Guild!

We’re primed and ready to start development, let’s make this last hour go out with a bang!

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 10:21:26 PM

I confirm that I've received approx. 731 ETH in the escrow address, 0x50115D25322B638A5B8896178F7C107CFfc08144.
Paul should release a post-ICO budget soon.

Edit: It's right in the blog post: https://medium.com/@BattleDrome/and-the-battledrome-ico-is-officially-complete-e1fb2c344819

Personally, I feel that the Paul, Ian, and Jeff are keeping everything very transparent and professional.
Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 03:29:36 AM

I confirm that I've received approx. 731 ETH in the escrow address, 0x50115D25322B638A5B8896178F7C107CFfc08144.
Paul should release a post-ICO budget soon.

Edit: It's right in the blog post: https://medium.com/@BattleDrome/and-the-battledrome-ico-is-officially-complete-e1fb2c344819

Personally, I feel that the Paul, Ian, and Jeff are keeping everything very transparent and professional.

Thanks Monbux! Appreciate your services, and you've been a great help in the completion of this ICO! Couldn't have done it without you! (Or our great supporters!)

I'll be posting a mirror of the above linked blog post (Again thanks Monbux!) tomorrow. Been a long day and lots going on, and re-posting medium blogs with formatting on the forum takes a bit Smiley

Until then like the man said, pop over to our blog for all the news on the completion of the ICO!

cryptokyle

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:37:01 AM

Not too familiar with having to execute the contract as the end user. When attempting to use the 'payme' function, it is asking for ETH to write to the contract. Is this amount sent on the network to release/execute the contract? If so, what is an appropriate amount to send and at what gas limit? Many thanks.
picklerickbrah

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:28:11 AM

Not too familiar with having to execute the contract as the end user. When attempting to use the 'payme' function, it is asking for ETH to write to the contract. Is this amount sent on the network to release/execute the contract? If so, what is an appropriate amount to send and at what gas limit? Many thanks.

I just ran payme with 0 balance and the same 85,000 gas as the contribute function. Went through in under 30 secs and now my wallet is showing FAME tokens! Love the transparency and communication from the dev team -- looking forward to seeing this develop!

Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 10:49:43 AM

I just ran payme with 0 balance and the same 85,000 gas as the contribute function. Went through in under 30 secs and now my wallet is showing FAME tokens! Love the transparency and communication from the dev team -- looking forward to seeing this develop!

Thanks for promptly responding to this one for us picklerickbrah.

Also thanks for the kind words. We strongly feel that being as transparent as possible helps keep everyone informed, and keeps expectations aligned.

We plan on keeping this level of transparency throughout development. And we look.forward to making BattleDrome awesome!

picklerickbrah is correct cryptokyle, there should be now eth transferred, but you do need to pay a gas fee to execute the function. 80,000 gas should be sufficient to execute it.

cryptokyle

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 12:37:16 AM

Thanks, that was easy enough. Looking forward to interacting with our gladiators soon enough Wink
Jimm0912

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:23:05 PM

When will I get my FAME tokens? I participated in the ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: