Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:54:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IS THE BEST WALLET TO MINE DIRECTLY TO please and thank you kindly  (Read 5088 times)
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:18:04 PM

If you want to mine ETH,LTC,BCH,BTC you can use a GDAX (owned by Coinbase) wallet address. From there you trade to BTC or USD/EUR and transfer the funds to Coinbase for free, which also has cold storage available for free and all digital currency that Coinbase holds is insured. You can transfer USD to your bank account for a fee or get a Shift debit Visa card connected to your Coinbase wallet to spend the BTC with no fees.

The minimum BTC, BCH, ETH, or LTC deposit amount is 0.01 and GDAX only charges 0.30% fee on the taker of the trade. Transfers from a GDAX wallet to a Coinbase wallet are free and instant. Cash back transactions with the Shift card and purchases are also free or you can do an ATM cash withdrawal for a $2 fee + the ATM fee.

Thank you for your help!

May I ask you how does it work if I want to mine different altcoin. I mean no ETH or BTC or BCH, but something like IOTA, Zcash or VeChain. If I successfully mine, do I need special crypto wallet to send it to? I don't understand how does it work with other altcoins.

Thank you for answer!

The best wallet to mine to will always be the one you control yourself.  Whatever altcoin you want to mine, go to their website, github, or bitcointalk announcement and download the wallet.  Be sure to encrypt it and back up your key.  You can usually get away with mining to an exchange, but I don't recommend it.  If you don't receive a payment, the pool will blame the exchange, and the exchange will say you shouldn't be mining directly to them.
GeePeeU

Activity: 540
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:22:42 PM

A full node daemon wallet created on an air-gapped pc.

This is one of the most secure ways to store your coins.

Always doubt.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:34:54 PM

If you want to mine ETH,LTC,BCH,BTC you can use a GDAX (owned by Coinbase) wallet address. From there you trade to BTC or USD/EUR and transfer the funds to Coinbase for free, which also has cold storage available for free and all digital currency that Coinbase holds is insured. You can transfer USD to your bank account for a fee or get a Shift debit Visa card connected to your Coinbase wallet to spend the BTC with no fees.

The minimum BTC, BCH, ETH, or LTC deposit amount is 0.01 and GDAX only charges 0.30% fee on the taker of the trade. Transfers from a GDAX wallet to a Coinbase wallet are free and instant. Cash back transactions with the Shift card and purchases are also free or you can do an ATM cash withdrawal for a $2 fee + the ATM fee.

Thank you for your help!

May I ask you how does it work if I want to mine different altcoin. I mean no ETH or BTC or BCH, but something like IOTA, Zcash or VeChain. If I successfully mine, do I need special crypto wallet to send it to? I don't understand how does it work with other altcoins.

Thank you for answer!

The Ledger hardware wallets support many different Altcoins and are very secure. Just make sure you backup up your recovery key to a safe place in case you lose or it breaks. Another option is to mine to a paper wallet address. You can monitor the funds on a block explorer and no internet is required to receive funds.
gaud

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:40:06 PM

Thank you for your help!

Thank you for answer!

The Ledger hardware wallets support many different Altcoins and are very secure. Just make sure you backup up your recovery key to a safe place in case you lose or it breaks. Another option is to mine to a paper wallet address. You can monitor the funds on a block explorer and no internet is required to receive funds.

hardware wallets should never be used for constant small transactions as it reduced the life of the hardware. this info can be found on the nano info pages.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: