Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:15:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vitalik openly admits he doesn't trust his creation  (Read 7178 times)
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 01:19:11 PM

That's right, folks. This is the difference between people like Charlie Lee, who left their job
Yes Spartak keep buying China shitcoins with no real usage. LTC is just copyclone of Bitcoin. There are no own work of Charlie Lee. Alll doing Bitcoin Core and he just copy that while Bitcoin is opensource. Thats why he was even able to do other work like Coinbase engeenereing before.

at least LTC and BTC have never failed to this day

LTC is not BTC is a chinesse copycode.

BTC have a big scalability problem ATM as everyone now and sometimes its fail very hard with unconfirmed transactions.

You confused this with Ethereum because this is what happen to etholium right now with all exchanges already turn it off, this never happen to bitcoin. I think you being ignorant or just dumb

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dennyd999

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:13:51 PM

That's right, folks. This is the difference between people like Charlie Lee, who left their job
Yes Spartak keep buying China shitcoins with no real usage. LTC is just copyclone of Bitcoin. There are no own work of Charlie Lee. Alll doing Bitcoin Core and he just copy that while Bitcoin is opensource. Thats why he was even able to do other work like Coinbase engeenereing before.

BTC have a big scalability problem ATM as everyone now and sometimes its fail very hard with unconfirmed transactions.

You confused this with Ethereum because this is what happen to etholium right now with all exchanges already turn it off, this never happen to bitcoin. I think you being ignorant or just dumb

The last chance to buy ETH before Corporations will up the price to 1000$

or you are NUB to buy something on good news.

Always BUY on BAD NEWS.
BitcoinerXX

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:58:41 AM

The last chance to buy ETH before Corporations will up the price to 1000$

or you are NUB to buy something on good news.

Always BUY on BAD NEWS.

last chance to get out before it goes to $1

eth is garbage and so is everything built on top of it

ponzi, pyramid, shit house of cards, take your pick. people only seeing $$$. old saying, a fool and his money are soon parted  Cry
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:14:16 AM

Developers such as Vitalik should all perish from the world of bitcoin and the rest of all alternate cryptocurrencies.

These developers are only working for the sake of money, much money. They don't put their heart into their works. They are not sincere either. They are just like playing and then helplessly watch their creations crumble down to ashes... with an ear-to-ear smile. They simply turn around pocketing huge money and just whistle away the serious problem they left behind.

Such is a dishonor!
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:51:23 AM

come back after a while when we have forgotten about how ethereum easily failed 2 days ago. Wink

LTC owners just dreaming about so many transactionand about real usage, about own talanted and succesful team as ETH have.

LTC is nothing compare to ETH its a chikun. Another funny shitcoin as Dogecoin and others.

Prepare for a retort you can not prepare for.

First off lets frame the context here nicely shall we.
Spartak has cred here.. YOU ....DO NOT.

You are a noob and should show some respect.

You also know fuck all about Litecoin just like the other noob idiots running their mouth.
Further more i have seen next to nothing off Litecoin commentary from Spartak.
So your assertions.. "He's just an LTC.." anything is simply retarded gibberish.

Lets keep it real here Investards.
With out LTC there would be no Doge coin or even Ethereum.
And that is another thing.. at least Doge the shitcoin clone is a fucking CURRENCY !
Ethereum is not.

ETH is a crooked, rigged, manipulated, pointless, ICO  / premined, "fuel token" app's gimmick, "smart contract", pyramid scheme.

Know why Doge is a clone of LTC ?
SCRYPT ? heard of it ?
WHY did they add that ?
Go check that and then come back and wiggle your little dick holster.

Spartak is this.. and Spartak is that.. on & on..

And you ?

You are little NOBODIES.
Mush mouth foreigners with noob accounts shooting your mouth of like idiots.

For example:
If you compared the total adoption of LTC vs ETH.. Litecoin wins hands down.
It was LTC that got me into crypto in the first place via a web site that used it as INTENDED.
As a C U R R E N C Y.

What got you mouthy morons here ?
The need to purchase fuel tokens ?
Because you were wondering where that awesome DAPP came from ?

nooooooooooooope

All you shitheads did was pile in here supporting a pointless gimmick shitcoin ICO for ROI's.
What are you gonna do with it ?
Buy ICO coins inside ICO coins ? Shitcoin inception ?

And ETH is so great ?
That dipshit can't keep it secure or forked for long.
He's so good he fucked up syntax recently and uhh... the DAO ?
Gimme a break about Butters being so shit hot.  Roll Eyes

Hell it's been running so shitty that exchanges shut it down !

FUD first & ask questions later™
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:58:54 AM

This is just a statement, he might have not expected such a growth. Just because of that he could have said that. In my view the will be the scenario with other head authority of different altcoins. Everything happens because of the users who have been whole heartedly use it.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:05:15 AM

As far as I remember (though I'm not 100% sure), Vitalik was demanding to be paid in Bitcoin only. Some 3.5 - 4 years ago he created Ethereum and again wanted to be paid with BTC. After a while he sold 25% of his tokens in order to diversify (I never said it was a bad decision, it was his right to do so), and now he's openly admitting that he never fully trusted digital currencies. You don't need to be Einstein to think that the future of digital currencies is uncertain, right? Have you seen some car manufacturer to say that "you may die in one of our cars"? No. They will only tell you to drive safely (pretty much like the advise most of the people are giving here - don't invest more than you can afford to lose).

People said it long time ago: Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Because if it weren't digital currencies, then Vitalik would be probably only a high paid employee in some good company and not in Fortune's 40 under 40 list.

If you don't see the hypocrisy in his statement, then I don't know what else to say.     

Did he really say he distrusted cryptocurrencies tho, or was he saying something just to prove a point? 

Btw, he's right to distrust most cryptocurrencies, isn't that the foundation the 'Fail Community' was built on?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:48:09 AM

This is just a statement, he might have not expected such a growth. Just because of that he could have said that. In my view the will be the scenario with other head authority of different altcoins. Everything happens because of the users who have been whole heartedly use it.

Like a "statement" where he admitted to dumping a quarter of his "holdings" for a million dollars ?

And why ?

..he never did say.

Care ?
Interested in how he had at that time an admitted 4 million dollars worth of coins ?
It's not like he was rich before Ethereum or.. had a good reputation either.
I was told he ran around pretending to be me on a stock market trading site back in 2014.  Cheesy

Funny eh ?
You have to wonder how a guy magically starts an ICO then dumps millions onto the public and how you all just white wash it with poor excuses.

So tell me NOOB accounts when the fuck do you call a coin a scam ?
What the fuck does it take ?

I know the answer.
When YOU lose money.
When the price tanks and you go broke you will be screaming bloody murder.
But as long as you keep sipping off of Butters dick getting a little you are fine with anything.

Look around.. who amongst you have made any effort to hold that little Russian asshole accountable ?

All i need is this..

He has never come here and explained himself once about anything.
He thinks he is above coming here to explain his actions.
In other words he is not accountable.

If your ICO gimmick coin scheme for profits is not accountable then it is in fact a fucking scam morons.

..at least the iDICE guy got the idea LOL

You noobs are begging for it..

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 05:09:19 AM

As far as I remember (though I'm not 100% sure), Vitalik was demanding to be paid in Bitcoin only. Some 3.5 - 4 years ago he created Ethereum and again wanted to be paid with BTC. After a while he sold 25% of his tokens in order to diversify (I never said it was a bad decision, it was his right to do so), and now he's openly admitting that he never fully trusted digital currencies. You don't need to be Einstein to think that the future of digital currencies is uncertain, right? Have you seen some car manufacturer to say that "you may die in one of our cars"? No. They will only tell you to drive safely (pretty much like the advise most of the people are giving here - don't invest more than you can afford to lose).

People said it long time ago: Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Because if it weren't digital currencies, then Vitalik would be probably only a high paid employee in some good company and not in Fortune's 40 under 40 list.

If you don't see the hypocrisy in his statement, then I don't know what else to say.     

Did he really say he distrusted cryptocurrencies tho, or was he saying something just to prove a point? 

Btw, he's right to distrust most cryptocurrencies, isn't that the foundation the 'Fail Community' was built on?

I already said that it doesn't matter if he trust them or not and I gave a few good examples. Someone said it's a "PR suicide" and he nailed it. I also said it is a hypocrite thing to say just because digital currencies are the main source of his wealth. I'll add that he is also one of the faces of digital currencies and people are putting billions of $ in them. He could just have remained silent.

Anyway... I already gave a number of examples about why his sounds bad

You're not entirely right about FAILCoin. It started because of scams, but (since long time ago) we are trying to built something else. To put it simple - FAILCoin should be FAILCommunity's "fuel". Smiley

Cheers

jlspartz

Activity: 205

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:16:18 AM

I believe Ethereum will collapse:

What makes a currency stable?  It's wide distribution to avoid huge fluctuations from wiping out the market.

ETH is doing just the opposite.  The ICOs are generating $100M given to them in ETH.  Everyone buys and dumps into one person's hand.  Then on to the next and repeat.

Don't you think one of these scam ICOs will just want a quick bailout and dump it all?  Let's say every single ICO doesn't do that, and all projects out there are legit.  They raised the ICO money to develop a project.  They need to fund these said projects.  Now how do they do that?  By dumping millions in ETH of course.  And the instability just multiplies with each ICO.

Sidenote: When you have a currency that chokes on 10,000 transactions in an hour, and shuts down the network at 20,000, how do you expect to handle the world's transactions?
dennyd999

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:18:20 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2017, 05:33:10 AM by dennyd999

There more FUD about ETH now the more joy when it hit 1000$ and you still have it in your pocket.

Do not trust Spartak and Spoetnik they are fully loaded with China miners fully controlable and centralised no real usage copycoded LTC.

Trust me, brother Winklwoss, Roger Ver, Bill Gates and 120 corporations wich is full in ETH.

https://entethalliance.org/members/

Corporation analitycs are not stupid to allow companies to invest in ETH instead of other coins at the market.

Why all they choose ETH?

But offcourse if you like Spoetnik and his posts you can join his party and buy LTC
dennyd999

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:22:19 AM

Sidenote: When you have a currency that chokes on 10,000 transactions in an hour, and shuts down the network at 20,000, how do you expect to handle the world's transactions?

Scalability issue is solved with EIP 648. Yesterday..

https://github.com/ethereum/EIPs/issues/648

It is just another good example how fast and talanted dev team in ETH.

There is still debate war by how to resolve Scalability problem in Bitcoin...
jlspartz

Activity: 205

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:33:07 AM

I'll believe it if it survives through Tezos.  Who's prepared for the FUD on BTC on the 1st, and ETH network crash due to Tezos in the same day?
dennyd999

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:34:42 AM

I'll believe it if it survives through Tezos.  Who's prepared for the FUD on BTC on the 1st, and ETH network crash due to Tezos in the same day?

With EIP 648 ICO issues resolved.

It is now able to launch up to 8 ICO in same day.

The problem with freezing was because there was simultaneously started 2 ICO Bancor and Status in the same day.

btw Bancor is created by Euro architect. It is very promising.
Donaldturp

Activity: 228

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:39:07 AM

How can we confirm unless we see another hyped ICO participation? In theory, everything is perfect, even for bitcoin. But in reality, they collapse in seconds and this is weird (for ethereum).
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 05:42:01 AM

Do not trust Spartak and Spoetnik they are fully loaded with China miners fully controlable and centralised no real usage copycoded LTC.

I have 0 LTC, but once I had about 18k. I like Litecoin, because it had a fair start... unlike Ethereum, which practically invented this ICO galore.

dennyd999

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:43:03 AM

How can we confirm unless we see another hyped ICO participation? In theory, everything is perfect, even for bitcoin. But in reality, they collapse in seconds and this is weird (for ethereum).

Backlogs allready cleared. Network is fine now.

We need at least >2 ICO in the same day to prove EIP 648 update is working fine.

Why is weird for Ethereum and fine for Bitcoin? Bitcoin freeze with unconfirmed transactions more offten and longer.
dennyd999

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:46:07 AM

I have 0 LTC, but once I had about 18k. I like Litecoin, because it had a fair start... unlike Ethereum, which practically invented this ICO galore.

Oh please spartak_t you are the first who celebrate Segwit on ltc and the first who post about new ATH on ltc..

I personaly have some LTC wich I bought for gambling, but I do not like it because creator of it do nothing just chilling and copy-pasting from Bitcoin Core and others talanted team like Segwit or MIT.

It is unlikely that ltc will go mainstream..

It is very likely to see ETH at 1000$
Donaldturp

Activity: 228

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:58:14 AM

Backlogs allready cleared. Network is fine now.

We need at least >2 ICO in the same day to prove EIP 648 update is working fine.

Why is weird for Ethereum and fine for Bitcoin? Bitcoin freeze with unconfirmed transactions more offten and longer.

That's what I'm saying. You can't say that scability issue was solved yesterday because there is no damn crowded ICO at the moment. Okay? Once we see very crowded ICOs like bancor or status, we can discuss this. Bitcoin was proved that its network is no more useful and nobody is able to fix the problem. That's why it's normal for bitcoin, but not for ethereum.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:48:28 PM

So you guys lost interest in the topic huh ?
Shilling for the Ethereum much ?

Just want to add i agree totally with what Spartak said earlier.
I too have no LTC either..

But at least it was launched fairly and Ethereum was not.
LTC is a currency and ETH is scam platform.
ICO = Scam.
So all it's good for is pushing more ICO scams and it can barely do that.
Lets see it fail yet again when it gets a fraction of BTC's traffic  Cheesy

Care to explain to me why the general public is going to adopt ETH ?
Is my grandma gonna come rushing here to buy ICO scam coins for ROI's ?

Ethereum.. the undefendable heap of scammy bullshit AHAHHAHAH
yet you all try in vain relentlessly.. because of your precious ROI's.  Roll Eyes

NOOBS i couldn't care less about your scam coin profits.
I came here to support a digital currency that has a chance at major adoption.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: