Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:19:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $10K at the end of 2017?  (Read 3533 times)
NY-city

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:17:11 PM

I do not see bitcoin to reach 10K in 2017, and not in 2018 as well.
Those numbers are just too high.
After that, who knows.
For the moment I expect the price to be volatile between 2300$ and 3000$.
I suppose it will swing between those levels for a few months now.
Honestly speaking so do I. I think it is too much price for the bitcoin.
This is something expecting so much from the Bitcoin, currently the situation of the bitcoin don’t look like it can cross $4000 till the end of this year. At first I thought it will cross $5000 but now I am afraid that it may reach $3500 till the end of this year.
I wonder what kind of experts give such forecasts? The fact is that my would be happy to hold at least 3000 or 4000 dollars. And such scales are very huge and it seems to me impracticable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:54:03 PM

Last month, we have read many self-proclaimed Bitcoin analysts and experts proclaiming to the whole world that soon Bitcoin will hit $10,000 by the end of 2017. We have some corrections since then which pulled back Bitcoin a little bit from its $2800 high and right now as I speak it is hovering at the $2500-$2600 level.

Bitcoin is now priced higher than 1oz. of gold and has beaten any other financial instruments in terms of return on investment which result into many money managers noticing Bitcoin and transferring some of their eggs into it.

Do you think Bitcoin will really make it into $10K within this year, most especially after its August One "date with destiny"? 
Not possible bitcoin will need to reach above 160billion in the market cap for that to happen which is more than the maximum market cap of all the cryptocurrencies combined  and that is without taking into consideration that the market at the time has lost 10 to 15 billions in just the past few days and it seems the crash is going to go for some time.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:08:48 PM

Maybe not $10,000, but I will not be surprised if it does. There is a lot of fresh liquidity flowing into bitcoin, thanks to a surge in interest among investors in asia, notably japan and korea, coupled with a resolution to the scaling debate. I would not be surprised to see the bitcoin price doubling again to around $6000 by the end of the year.
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:25:02 PM

Last month, we have read many self-proclaimed Bitcoin analysts and experts proclaiming to the whole world that soon Bitcoin will hit $10,000 by the end of 2017. We have some corrections since then which pulled back Bitcoin a little bit from its $2800 high and right now as I speak it is hovering at the $2500-$2600 level.

Bitcoin is now priced higher than 1oz. of gold and has beaten any other financial instruments in terms of return on investment which result into many money managers noticing Bitcoin and transferring some of their eggs into it.

Do you think Bitcoin will really make it into $10K within this year, most especially after its August One "date with destiny"? 

If we are talking about the possibilities and probabilities, then yes it is possible and probable that we will reach the 10,000 dollar mark within this year (2017) since the future lies in mystery and we cannot know anything until we get there. However, we only have about 5 months in order to be there and by looking at the current price, we should have about 1600 USD increase every month. That is a big value and by reality, it is doubtful. If a big bubble occur within the 5 month duration, it is possible to touch the 10,000 dollar but it will be just for a moment then a sudden and harsh drop will be experienced.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:32:34 PM

Not possible to reach that price in this year as it seems to be unrealistic price to think of and if it does then it will be an win win situation for each and every investor of bitcoins and surely everyone would be start selling their coins if it touches that price and I would be satisfied even if it achieves the price of $5k in this year as even that would be a great price to sell some of bitcoins.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:38:04 AM

Not possible to reach that price in this year as it seems to be unrealistic price to think of and if it does then it will be an win win situation for each and every investor of bitcoins and surely everyone would be start selling their coins if it touches that price and I would be satisfied even if it achieves the price of $5k in this year as even that would be a great price to sell some of bitcoins.

It now does seem like we are in a phase of consolidation. But I would wait to see how the segwit activation goes. That is a double-edged sword. It is possible that market sentiment turns hugely bullish post that.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:37:56 AM

Hope the year end price for 2017 seems to be $5000, not exceeding that because the increase is happening in a smaller scale compared to the one that took place when the price was moving from $1500 - $2500. Also the price has been trailing downwards and today this has begun to increase today. So based on the sustained growth I believe $5000.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:55:45 AM

Hope the year end price for 2017 seems to be $5000, not exceeding that because the increase is happening in a smaller scale compared to the one that took place when the price was moving from $1500 - $2500. Also the price has been trailing downwards and today this has begun to increase today. So based on the sustained growth I believe $5000.
You cannot expect same rate of growth for year long. Slow down usually occur just before another big leap. I guess $10k prices could be easily achievable before end of this year as bitcoin already triggered media coverage which is working as a promoting tool among merchants hence media and merchants combination working hard on enabling people to adopt bitcoins in greater numbers. Userbase must be enough reason for bitcoin to hit $10k.
Bulletin

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:43:29 PM

Wecanhope for 5000$ 10000$ but what isrealisticscenariofor the end ofthe year ?
rhyso

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:32:30 PM

With this ransomware virus etc demanding BTC for payment, and being all over the news and facebook etc... It brings new interest to the subject.

The fact reamains, nobody knows.

Some pretty big players have given BTC credit like Forbes and Gates etc... it is quite different to 2014 when all the main stream playes were badmouthing it.

Some speculate BTC to be worth 100k in the next few years... so I remain agnostic. My fiat savings dwarf my BTC savings but I have BTC for long term investment.

accrual of monetary value
rhyso

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:44:33 PM

This article puts things into perspective...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-10/russia-caves-in-on-bitcoin-to-open-new-front-on-money-laundering

minizi99

Activity: 242

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:04:01 PM

If you follow the logic, then your forecast is correct. But the cryptocurrency is rarely subject to logic and calculations. So you can expect anything. I hope, in addition to falling
rhyso

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:24:17 PM

if it punches through $2600 in the next 24 hours then we might be in for a suprise

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:41:35 PM

if it punches through $2600 in the next 24 hours then we might be in for a suprise

Not really. If you look at how the market has been performing lately, you'll notice how repetitive the patterns are. It will continue to bounce up and down below the $3000 level, as long as there isn't any sort of good news coming regarding the activation of SW2X. Till that time no one should expect fireworks. If you're holding, just keep waiting, and if you're a trader, then use these ups and downs in your advantage. There isn't much more that you can do.
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:41:42 AM

Not really. If you look at how the market has been performing lately, you'll notice how repetitive the patterns are. It will continue to bounce up and down below the $3000 level, as long as there isn't any sort of good news coming regarding the activation of SW2X. Till that time no one should expect fireworks. If you're holding, just keep waiting, and if you're a trader, then use these ups and downs in your advantage. There isn't much more that you can do.

Agreed, floor seems to be at $2400ish, as soon as it goes below that, just a few dollars, people start buying in and the price recovers fairly quickly to stablilize at $2400-$2600. And then people seem to buy in even more, pumping the price up to $2700-$2900, which is probably the roof for now.

If you can buy in at that low of $2400 when everyone is panicking and sell at the high of $2900 when everyone goes crazy buying, you're looking at a $500 profit per trade here. And this opportunity has presented itself at least 2-3 times during the past few weeks.

The UASF will probably disrupt this pattern though, depending on how successful it is, bitcoin could end up in a mess, or just shoot up over the roof. $10k? Not an issue if bitcoin stays in one piece and scales somewhat through SW.

itsallpc

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:17:31 AM

I think its highly impossible to reach that high price.We may expect $10k price in the year 2020.But in 2017 end,bitcoin could be expected to cross $3500.In august 1st,after segwit activation,we could expect bitcoin price to rise high.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:02:08 AM

I think its highly impossible to reach that high price.We may expect $10k price in the year 2020.But in 2017 end,bitcoin could be expected to cross $3500.In august 1st,after segwit activation,we could expect bitcoin price to rise high.
The price almost reached 3000 dollars per coin without segwit activated so I think if bitcoin finally activates segwit it could be possible the price to go way higher than that, maybe in the range of 4 to 5 thousand dollars, 3500 seems a little low for me, but at the end getting segwit activated is still a big if, I want that to happen but I will believe it when I see it.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:43:26 PM

Not possible for bitcoin to reach 10k $ by the end of 2017 by looking on current situation of bitcoin in the market, but we say that by the end of this year price will be above 3500$.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:08:55 PM

Their is a possibility of bitcoin to reach that value. But all is based on market. Since the price of bitcoin is keeps on increasing due to bitcoin users. Eventhough it not reach 10k $. At the end of 2017,the price of bitcoin will be 5000 $ .

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:05:06 PM

Not possible for bitcoin to reach 10k $ by the end of 2017 by looking on current situation of bitcoin in the market, but we say that by the end of this year price will be above 3500$.

At first, I'm optimistic to see bitcoin's price $10k before this year ends. But now with the current price of bitcoin it's becoming stuck at the $2,300 - $2,500. And that's why I think we will not see bitcoin's price at $10k and right now we are going to wait for the day comes at August 1.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀