Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:43:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: electrum-LTC coinbase transactions  (Read 240 times)
altcoinhosting (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:02:20 AM

I know this might not be the correct subforum, since electrum-LTC is technically an altcoin wallet... However, since it's a fork of ThomasV's electrum, i wondered if my "symptoms" might be transferable to electum for BTC Smiley

I'm running electrum-LTC standalone 2.8.2. I also tested the beta version 2.8.3.2

My problem:
I created an electrum vanity address and mined some LTC using this address. The address in question has one input, coming from the coinbase transaction. The block containing the coinbase transaction to my address is mature (+600 confirmations). I imported the private key for this vanity address into electrum, since i prefer an SPV wallet instead of having to sync my LTC wallet completely.

However, since the input to the vanity address comes from the block reward instead of from an unspent output, it seems to mess up electrum.
When using electrum 2.8.2, the wallet keeps on syncing.
When using electrum 2.8.3.2, the wallet syncs, but shows no history or coins (unspent outputs). When looking at the address-tab, i do see the vanity address, with balance 0 and Tx 0. When right clicking and opening the address on a block explorer, i can clearly see the unspent output  Undecided

I already tried several different electrum servers (in fact, i tried them all), but no avail.

I know i can solve the problem by importing the private key into my mining node's wallet and then using the output to create a transaction to my HD electrum wallet, but i'd prefer not to do this (i'd actually like to see if i can get a premium price for vanity addresses containing only coinbase transactions).

Hope somebody can shed some light on this, it would certainly be appreciated

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: