Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:01:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 GTX 1070 Rig Only sees 5 cards  (Read 485 times)
Anditheway (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:14:56 AM

Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster hoping to get some insight from the pros here.

I have a few 6 GTX 1070 rigs that I've been running for about two months now. I generally do nicehash, but have done Claymores on the occasion. These rigs are running on either ASROCK H81 BTC boards or the Biostar TB85. The mining went relatively smooth for 2 months with no real major issues, but then out of the blue, these boards start to only see 5 of the 6 cards. My first thought is that the cards are dead, so I swap them around, but they work in other PCIE ports. I then think the risers might be dead, so I swap those around, but they seem to be good (tried 3 or 4 different sets). I then think that maybe the PCIE port has died, so I swap the known good cards around, and that is not the issue.

Every time I swap these cards or risers around, one of three things happen:
1. All 6 cards are plugged in and it will only recognize 1 of them.
2. Multiple cards are plugged in and it will see 1 less than is plugged in (ex: 5 cards plugged in, device manager sees 4).
3. Any cards are plugged in and device manager sees nothing

Me and my Dad have spent quite a few hours trying to figure out what is going on, but we are at a loss. These GPUs were literally working fine mining at full force a few days ago and nothing changed at all since then. And now it's happening to multiple rigs on different motherboards. I've read through a lot of posts here and I can't find anything exactly like my issue or a solution. I feel like I've done every major troubleshooting step I can think of. We're running Windows 10 and I have to wonder if some update happened and caused this, since it's the only common thing across these machines.

Any help or insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sidog

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:39:36 AM

reading halfway into your post, i was thinking that it was probably the updates.   you need to disable all updates and prevent changes to your Windows 10 OS as much as possible.  My advice is to start fresh on ur OS and freeze all changes (disable all services that any aspect of the registry/file system).  sounds simple but it's an art into of itself.
TheHunt3r

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:15:40 AM

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but same here, Windows 10 6 GPUs the last one is not being discovered.. RX 580 series though.. same Mobo ASROCK H81 BTC 2.
car1999

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:42:05 AM

Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster hoping to get some insight from the pros here.

I have a few 6 GTX 1070 rigs that I've been running for about two months now. I generally do nicehash, but have done Claymores on the occasion. These rigs are running on either ASROCK H81 BTC boards or the Biostar TB85. The mining went relatively smooth for 2 months with no real major issues, but then out of the blue, these boards start to only see 5 of the 6 cards. My first thought is that the cards are dead, so I swap them around, but they work in other PCIE ports. I then think the risers might be dead, so I swap those around, but they seem to be good (tried 3 or 4 different sets). I then think that maybe the PCIE port has died, so I swap the known good cards around, and that is not the issue.

Every time I swap these cards or risers around, one of three things happen:
1. All 6 cards are plugged in and it will only recognize 1 of them.
2. Multiple cards are plugged in and it will see 1 less than is plugged in (ex: 5 cards plugged in, device manager sees 4).
3. Any cards are plugged in and device manager sees nothing

Me and my Dad have spent quite a few hours trying to figure out what is going on, but we are at a loss. These GPUs were literally working fine mining at full force a few days ago and nothing changed at all since then. And now it's happening to multiple rigs on different motherboards. I've read through a lot of posts here and I can't find anything exactly like my issue or a solution. I feel like I've done every major troubleshooting step I can think of. We're running Windows 10 and I have to wonder if some update happened and caused this, since it's the only common thing across these machines.

Any help or insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Which PSU do you use to drive 6 gtx1070?
Anditheway (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:09:46 AM

Reinstalling Windows is probably my next step. I use a EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 220-P2-1200-X1 80+ PLATINUM 1200W PSU. Power is not the issue since I know the PSU is good and it's been working just fine for 2 months.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: