Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:35:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asus Strix z270e motherboard won't boot  (Read 588 times)
allcryptominer (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:54:21 AM

Hey internet,

Need some help from you guys who using z270e motherboards.. I've connected the 8pin and 24pin power to motherboard, installed CPU and CPU Fan as well as 8GB G.skrill ram. When I turn power on the "pwr-led" turns on as well as the fancy blinking lights but CPU fan don't move and none of the other led lights turns on for CPU, RAM etc..

I've tried all the slots with one 8GB ram but now difference. I've removed the CMOS battery but no difference. Also tried with one GTX 1080ti installed but nothing, graphic card dont turn either.

I've removed the CPU and put it back a couple of times to check if everything looks good and can't see any bent pins. All look good.

So my question is can my motherboard be defective? Or is it CPU, RAM or PSU'n? Any help would be really appreciated.

Here's a list of the stuff, all brand new:

Pentium g4560

z270e

g.skill 8GB ddr4 2400

Silverstone Gold 1200w

Ofcourse other things as well but thats the important stuff...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timbereagle

Activity: 881
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 08:14:44 AM

It is probably Ram or PSU.

U can short circut PSU 24 pin to see if it is working or not.

If not it is ram problem.
allcryptominer (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 08:40:10 AM

Thanks. You mean using a multimeter to check the pins? Is it comon that a new PSU is broken?
timbereagle

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 08:48:44 AM

Thanks. You mean using a multimeter to check the pins? Is it comon that a new PSU is broken?

No just put a wire between 4th slot (Green cable) and any black cable slot. PSU should start working

allcryptominer (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:34:27 AM

No just put a wire between 4th slot (Green cable) and any black cable slot. PSU should start working

Alright, so I did as you said and the PSU fan starts so i guess thats mean the PSU is okey? I also tried connecting the psu to the motherboard after short circuit but then everything looks like before. PSU fan is not spinning when connected to motherboard but I guess thats normal. CPU fan is still dead and the small led lights on the motherboard are still not working.

If it would be a RAM problem those small leds should light anyway right? I start to think its something with the motherboard. Anymore ideas to trouble shot?
timbereagle

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:39:45 AM

Alright, so I did as you said and the PSU fan starts so i guess thats mean the PSU is okey? I also tried connecting the psu to the motherboard after short circuit but then everything looks like before. PSU fan is not spinning when connected to motherboard but I guess thats normal. CPU fan is still dead and the small led lights on the motherboard are still not working.

If it would be a RAM problem those small leds should light anyway right? I start to think its something with the motherboard. Anymore ideas to trouble shot?

It is most probably Ram issue.  Maybe CPU.
allcryptominer (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:07:30 PM

It is most probably Ram issue.  Maybe CPU.

Just tried to short circuit with the 24pin power connected to the motherboard and everything firing up. Cpu fan and all led lights. What does this mean? Is it the PSU?

I cant think that I need to have a paper clip in the power connection just to start the PC...
timbereagle

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:55:51 PM

It is most probably Ram issue.  Maybe CPU.

Just tried to short circuit with the 24pin power connected to the motherboard and everything firing up. Cpu fan and all led lights. What does this mean? Is it the PSU?

I cant think that I need to have a paper clip in the power connection just to start the PC...

You do not have switch Smiley you need switch in orer to start computer. come on
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: