Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:44:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin market crash  (Read 8544 times)
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:17:58 AM

If ever you have emotional attachment to your dearest bitcoin / altcoins, better to liquidate your assets quickly.

Well of course they will have their hearts and emotions where they've invested and a likely crush is always possible so people will start getting panicked should something drastic happen that will make them loose some or all of their bitcoins.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 06:10:28 AM

I would not panic sell as I believe myself to be a long term holder in Bitcoin, but I would consider more if it went down very cheap. I think there might be a mini crash if the developers and miners are fighting where to go before the 1st August. Once that is sorted out I believe Bitcoin value will go up again.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3854

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:21:21 AM

I'm just curious. What if bitcoin and any other alts market fall and you invested all your money into this. Would you rather do Panic Selling? and How would you compensate all your losses?

They did fall recently. This what separates real investors and those who are really interested and believe in blockchain technology and those people who just join in because of the hype. People always think crypto is a "get rich quick" scheme. The hypists panic sell; whereas the real enthusiasts HODL.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
A.H.Rassel

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:46:39 AM

I never all in putting resources into one thing so if by one means or another the market crash then i'll most likely simply endure some loses. What's more, i as of now have numbers about how low the cost is before i need to offer. Maybe misfortune some than losing all
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:51:19 AM

any market crash is very small now and only an opportunity to buy back more than before

if you emans real market crash where the value is unrecoverable, that is another story, and would make bitcoin die or forgotten

but i don't think such scenario is possible with the current conditions of adoption and segwit activation
AlexBessonov

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:02:45 AM

I'm just curious. What if bitcoin and any other alts market fall and you invested all your money into this. Would you rather do Panic Selling? and How would you compensate all your losses?

They did fall recently. This what separates real investors and those who are really interested and believe in blockchain technology and those people who just join in because of the hype. People always think crypto is a "get rich quick" scheme. The hypists panic sell; whereas the real enthusiasts HODL.

Is there a point at which you should say "enough is enough" though? It doesn't make that much sense to HODL if the price plummets to a minuscule amount, right? (Especially if Ethereum begins to overtake Bitcoin)
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:54:20 AM

The best way out for me is to wait and hope the price will recover a s it has always been and the moment the market is not recovering at the expected rate, I guess the ext option is to determine the amount of loss I can afford and at that point a decision will be made to still hold or to sell and move on. Losses is a normal thing to happen in the game.
Nevis

Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:56:56 AM

Price crash or huge fall down in price on different exchange and markets are just common thing i think, if youre a newbie and you encountered an huge dump on your coin i will bet that you will panic sell it but if youre a good trader youll keep it
IGNation

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

★Adconity.com★

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:35:13 AM

Panic will only cause more damage for you, it is better to think straight before you move, you'll only regret it it can be experience sometimes bitcoin will not crash easily it is normal to experience it you don't have to panic but if you really can't control it and afraid of loosing everything it's your choice since it's yours

WallSinger

Activity: 98

Blocklancer Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:39:41 AM

No, you don't have to panic. Maybe after 1th august we will see a big crash, but don't panic, in few months Btc will come back stronger than now

We still don't know what will happen on Aug 1 whether it can bring a big crash to bitcoin ecosystem as you describe. But I agree that it can rebound if the scenario you have laid would have happen in Aug 1. That's why you have to hold on your bitcoin and let the dust settle before making any move. You don't have to panic if you see the price is dipping, yes, sometimes is very annoying to see it however, if you look at it in the long term, it will beneficial because after a crash, it will rebound and the price can reach even a high price previous to the crash.

Is for this reason that I've said "maybe", we can't know if we will see a big crash in this moment. Personally, I don't think  Wink

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:43:54 AM

I have been into crypto for a long, long, long time and if I have one message for newbies that would be NOT TO BECOME WEAK HANDS!

BTC has seen dozens of serious crashes so far, including the one where price went down from $1200 to $150. Guess what, red candles re only temporary and when there is a prolonged period of bear market, as it is the last few days, just move away from your keyboard and do not make stupid decisions.

Panic selling is something market speculators count on you to do, that s how they make money.

Loss is not validated until you sell your coins below the price you purchased your coins so don't be stupid, learn to be patient and you ll learn to ride crypto pump and dump waves.

I personally never sell when candles re red. Never ever.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 11:28:44 AM

I have been into crypto for a long, long, long time and if I have one message for newbies that would be NOT TO BECOME WEAK HANDS!

BTC has seen dozens of serious crashes so far, including the one where price went down from $1200 to $150. Guess what, red candles re only temporary and when there is a prolonged period of bear market, as it is the last few days, just move away from your keyboard and do not make stupid decisions.

Panic selling is something market speculators count on you to do, that s how they make money.

Loss is not validated until you sell your coins below the price you purchased your coins so don't be stupid, learn to be patient and you ll learn to ride crypto pump and dump waves.

I personally never sell when candles re red. Never ever.

Yup I agree and great advice to newbies that are just starting to bitcoin welcome to the great and harsh world of bitcoin if you have passed the newbie stage Congrats to you, well panic selling is one of the major set backs why bitcoin price are always resisting in rising and I think by reading the wave of the price in rising and decreasing you can accumulate your earnings in the most common way just like others do, be patient and never sell your bitcoin if you don't claim an income during the dump always sell when you have got your target earnings.
sasaku bitbit

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:50:55 PM

this is  normal human behaviour, i bet 70-80% willl panic  sell
only few are resistant to emotions and market movements, these peeople are oftten millionaires

It is true if there is a panic of maybe you'll feel a doubt with bitcoin or alt while the other crashed due to the movement of reformed so that you are afraid of all the money you will experience losing end you sell quickly at low prices and you are experiencing massive losses therefore should tone don't get too panicked, must wait for market movements there must be a satisfactory result
masterwakokok7 (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:50:21 PM

No need to panic at all  Smiley  If we don't panic while making money, we should not panic in volatile conditions. Its part of the game and we should embrace it.

I see a post still talking about a crash not long ago and the price is still rising.  What are you guys seeing that the rest of the world does not.  Yes, it hit $3000 a week back, but $2750 is not a crash and is perhaps the highest for the recent trade hour. You cannot create fear in this market, no matter how much you try and it is simply not going to work. 

A slight Crash isn't gonna hurt the market yes, but OP is just saying something in a "what if" manner, he is pretty curious in the situation that bitcoin will totally crash down a higher amount, well I think he is just afraid in investing his money with bitcoin he may be has some kind of phobia over investing we can never know if he really open it up,

And for the OP you don't need to really invest all of your money into bitcoin and I think if someone does it here maybe just a few, but I really think you should gamble just the amount you think your gonna be imperturbable with it is still you own choice to make

I just saw a post in other thread that He/She invested all his savings in BTC. Actually, I do invest too and play w/ the stocks in the market, but this is the first time I encounter investing all his/her money into one share. Which is really not advisable. I really can't imagine what he/she would do if the market really crash.

To answer if I'm afraid, I'm not afraid to invest in BTC It's just that I play it smart and with cautions.

Gens09

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:56:53 PM

Never gonna happened because it is already a big industry so it will never fall to much in the market also the bitcoin demand is increasing rapidly these days so obviously the bitcoin price will also increase in the market but it is still risky and we know that investment in cryptocurrency there is always a risk here.
Eternu

Merit: 257

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:32:09 PM

No need to panic at all  Smiley  If we don't panic while making money, we should not panic in volatile conditions. Its part of the game and we should embrace it.

I see a post still talking about a crash not long ago and the price is still rising.  What are you guys seeing that the rest of the world does not.  Yes, it hit $3000 a week back, but $2750 is not a crash and is perhaps the highest for the recent trade hour. You cannot create fear in this market, no matter how much you try and it is simply not going to work. 

A slight Crash isn't gonna hurt the market yes, but OP is just saying something in a "what if" manner, he is pretty curious in the situation that bitcoin will totally crash down a higher amount, well I think he is just afraid in investing his money with bitcoin he may be has some kind of phobia over investing we can never know if he really open it up,

And for the OP you don't need to really invest all of your money into bitcoin and I think if someone does it here maybe just a few, but I really think you should gamble just the amount you think your gonna be imperturbable with it is still you own choice to make

I just saw a post in other thread that He/She invested all his savings in BTC. Actually, I do invest too and play w/ the stocks in the market, but this is the first time I encounter investing all his/her money into one share. Which is really not advisable. I really can't imagine what he/she would do if the market really crash.

To answer if I'm afraid, I'm not afraid to invest in BTC It's just that I play it smart and with cautions.
The higher the risk is, higher the gain is. Some time you need to play it on guts or luck, if you want to earn a lot. Everything in life is gamble. There is chance for everything. But it is up to you if you want to invest or not, and if you do want, than you should do the research and be aware that you could lose your invested money.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:12:12 PM

I wouldn't panic sell, i'll hold on to my bitcoins and wait for price increase. be calm and wait! anyways one shouldn't invested all the money, keep some money aside.
Colt22

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 09:00:38 PM

I did this and am currently broke.

I used to play poker professionally, and I had 30-40 percent of my money sitting in Bitcoin since about 2011.  In 2014 after the $1200 high, crash to $600, and settling around $800, I stopped playing poker almost entirely, dumped the rest of my money into Bitcoin, and spent the next few years on some personal pursuits, including learning to program so that I could contribute to Bitcoin-related projects.  I ran the numbers and decided that as long as Bitcoin didn't go below $300 for more than a few months, I would be OK.  I decided that was a reasonable risk to take.  Then it went below $300 for most of 2015, and I was sad :-(

I'm now in my mid-30s, living in my parents' basement feeling an idiot, and going to grad school to get a master's in CS, because I don't know what else to do.  I don't have enough money to play cards again, and I don't have any real work experience since I made my money playing poker during and after I got my bachelors, until I dumped it all in Bitcoin and everything went to hell.

10/10 would recommend.
Exactly human behavior toward greed is a lot of.People are getting invest on the 2nd day or 3rd day they are withdraw half of there investment like that there process is going and keep earning a lot of money.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 09:54:13 PM

I did this and am currently broke.

I used to play poker professionally, and I had 30-40 percent of my money sitting in Bitcoin since about 2011.  In 2014 after the $1200 high, crash to $600, and settling around $800, I stopped playing poker almost entirely, dumped the rest of my money into Bitcoin, and spent the next few years on some personal pursuits, including learning to program so that I could contribute to Bitcoin-related projects.  I ran the numbers and decided that as long as Bitcoin didn't go below $300 for more than a few months, I would be OK.  I decided that was a reasonable risk to take.  Then it went below $300 for most of 2015, and I was sad :-(

I'm now in my mid-30s, living in my parents' basement feeling an idiot, and going to grad school to get a master's in CS, because I don't know what else to do.  I don't have enough money to play cards again, and I don't have any real work experience since I made my money playing poker during and after I got my bachelors, until I dumped it all in Bitcoin and everything went to hell.

10/10 would recommend.
Exactly human behavior toward greed is a lot of.People are getting invest on the 2nd day or 3rd day they are withdraw half of there investment like that there process is going and keep earning a lot of money.

Ya it is true that who ever have only bitcoin earning and who have invested all of his revenue in bitcoin and when it got crashed they start to panic and sell in loss thinking that half loss is better then full loss. If you are in investment and good faith then on every fall you should buy as when the downfall finish it will rise and the same happened to bitcoin, who ever have saved the coin when the market crashed from $1k to pennies in last crash today they are very happy with the price as it is more then double of the last book price.
haberjoe

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:41:03 PM

I have approached this matter with a long thought process a while ago. I have managed to save a bit of money for the last four years. I had hoped to buy a house one day. Though house prices rise faster than I can save while my savings have almost zero return and inflation eats into my saving pot. Just turning 53 years old and I discovered the block chain world. Our banking system has failed the people big time. For me it is a no brainer to invest a third of my money into crypto currency. Even if I loose it with a bang it is better than being drained over years with no chance of a good return(ever)  The crypto market might crash but will recover because I(complete amateur) believe  a lot of alt coins have a purpose and have a value and bit coin is also here to stay(maybe not as number one for ever). Block chain technology is the future(in my opinion) and it will be implemented into our daily life over the next 30 years. I have very limited knowledge as I only started to learn as much as I can in the past six weeks  but it is fascinating and it has become my new hobby(..... like learning a new language) The more I understand the less I believe the crypto market and the block chain technology will disappear.
But I think investing is not enough. I recommend to understand in what one invests.
I my humble opinion the choice is:

Put your money in a bank and watch its value decrease year by year

Put your money in shares -probably not a good time as it must correct itself soon but after a correction(crash of some sort) same applies as for crypto market. Buy low sell high. Though dull in comparison to crypto market

Or try something new, risky and unpredictable. Crypto is rewarding but you need strong nerves. Patience and believe(and a bit of luck). And if you know that your coin is worth something and useful than just hang on until it comes up again.
Though it can take a long time for a coin to recover. But it is great fun on a daily base with all its up and downs and a very knowledgeable community.

And if everything crypto coin irreversibly crashes than I hope everybody only invested what they could afford to loose. ...And then move on to something new Smiley  But why should that happen. Far to much money involved now to make it disappear and that apart of the technology.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: