Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:42:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We need consumer adoption with apps!!  (Read 301 times)
Alttrader203 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:36:25 AM

Guys if we continue putting money in new blockcchains without consumer adoption we will crash very hard in a few months.

Most roadmaps i reviewed only deliver first product in 2018. I do not see how we can stay up that long wothout millions people using some sort of blockchain based app and pay/generate income

I foresee big crash. Not tlaking 20% here.

Please o please, if you get 25m in ico, do not go deveop stupid new vlockchains. Just make consumer focused application and invest in marketing.

We are bubbling. I hope people realize all of this value depends on bitcoins gold/asset value. If we do not start supporting that with real consumer applications the market will soon get decimated.

What are your thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:40:50 AM

After the ICO fiascos that totally bogged down the ETH network the difficulty in developing apps on a decentralized network should be self evident. If a single ICO can cause such problems, imagine what a single popular app used 24/7 would do to a decentralized network. Or even several popular apps. The network would not be able to keep up, the apps would become useless and people would move on to something that works.

The fantasy of a "world super computer" capable of running 1000s of DAPPS, running smart contracts for banks and acting as a currency should be delegated to history. It's absurd to expect a public chain to do that.

We need adoption alright; but, for coins that are actual cryptocurrencies and can perform as such.
Alttrader203 (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:45:48 AM

After the ICO fiascos that totally bogged down the ETH network the difficulty in developing apps on a decentralized network should be self evident. If a single ICO can cause such problems, imagine what a single popular app used 24/7 would do to a decentralized network. Or even several popular apps. The network would not be able to keep up, the apps would become useless and people would move on to something that works.

The fantasy of a "world super computer" capable of running 1000s of DAPPS, running smart contracts for banks and acting as a currency should be delegated to history. It's absurd to expect a public chain to do that.

We need adoption alright; but, for coins that are actual cryptocurrencies and can perform as such.

Agreed. The am not saying eth should do it all. We may need 10-20, maybe 50 blockchains. But definitely no need for 850...
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:09:08 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2017, 09:27:32 PM by shyliar

Agreed. The am not saying eth should do it all. We may need 10-20, maybe 50 blockchains. But definitely no need for 850...

Actually if you're asking for consumer adoption (and remain decentralized) with apps many different networks would be required.

I used ETH as an example because it's proven to be unable to perform during temporary demands on the network (ICOs). Imagine if 200 popular apps were developed (currently there are none that could be considered popular) that were used 24/7. The temporary demand would become a constant. Decentralized networks are 100s if not 1000s of times slower than my cell phone. Yet some people actually think that multiple apps can be run simultaneously on this type of network.

What I am suggesting is that the focus should still be on digital money not apps. The vast majority of consumers don't care how the app works, as long as it doesn't lag in a noticeable way. On a decentralized network a popular app would lag. The vast majority of people care about money.
USBitcoinServices.Com

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 03:08:16 PM

In order to have more consumer adoption, one way is promoting projects where people can pay attention or even participate. Like the Dentcoin project is a good one, because will reach the masses, many people these days are not getting the benefits of their paid mobile data. So with the dentcoin project, they will be able to sell their remaining unused mobile data.

Check dentcoin dot com or check the ANN

One Man Band

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:50:59 PM

running smart contracts V's running apps on the block chain are two completely different animals.
clardalan

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Bitcoin amateur learning by doing

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:03:19 PM

running smart contracts V's running apps on the block chain are two completely different animals.

to be clear: technically I do not even know what the difference is.

I am just saying: we need consumer applications, instead of more blockchains.

Tip/donate
LTC: Lf44EehvMzoyjnWqbmsxugomAnRzKawXu
MRlong

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:10:06 PM

In order to have more consumer adoption, one way is promoting projects where people can pay attention or even participate. Like the Dentcoin project is a good one, because will reach the masses, many people these days are not getting the benefits of their paid mobile data. So with the dentcoin project, they will be able to sell their remaining unused mobile data.

Check dentcoin dot com or check the ANN
Okay, I has been check it and know DENT have a promise project, the roadmap very detail and interesting, I think will try invest some money to this project, just waiting when crowd sale Grin
RandomEvent

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:03:25 PM

Something has to be created that is user friendly, in addition it is so smooth you don't have to understand a blockchain in order to use it. You simply know it is secure and user friendly. Coins and tokens are working towards this goal, but the reality is the coin that may change everything probably isn't developed yet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: