Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:46:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BREAKING NEWS] Google Bought Blockchain.info  (Read 3737 times)
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:18:10 AM

\

I think that funding for businesses that support bitcoin is very important, far more important than the bitcoin price alone. After all, the prcie of bitcoin is only a reflection of people's short term investment strategies, not how successful bitcoin is.

So thanks google for funding blockchain.info, although there is obviously a lot of profit that will be generated in return for google.

This is a growing trend imo, a lot more companies right now are considering to get their hands in at least a few blockchain based companies/bitcoin related businesses, as a result of the recent legalization and price hike. It'll make the bitcoin ecosystem a better place to do transactions in as google obviously has a lot of experience with managing a big business with lots of privacy issues, and companies can benefit from that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:23:06 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 04:41:48 AM by andrei56

Lol. You can't own the blockchain. That's the entire point of Bitcoin so noone controls it and it is decentralized. You talking about Google centralizing the blockchain. You can see this is nonsense news I even knew it would be just reading the title. What is the point of creating this thread ? FUD ? Market control ?

Crypto is going mainstream.

This is the last call to get cheap BTC, ETH, or any crypto really.

We have now passed the rubicon.

This is true for the current situation. We need to diversify our capital into different categories before the train take off. 2k usd for bitcoin looks expensive now, but in the future, it could be a dream price.

It's always a good time to buy bitcoins !!  Grin
First of all the thread title is mistaken Google has not bought blockchain.info, an investment was made on blockchain,info by some investors that are related to Google, second you must have read the news wrong since we are not talking about the blockchain but about blockchain.info.
Jherek

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:01:53 AM

Wow, 40 million for a simple wallet site. I never knew that this could happen, lol.

I think the main reason why google was able to raise so much funding for this website that basically relies on sponsorships and ad revenue is because of its SEO value. When people search up blockchain technology this is likely to be one of the top sites that come up. When people search for online bitcoin wallet, this is going to be the #1 result. It's really endless opportunities, as long as they can monetize it.

\

I think that funding for businesses that support bitcoin is very important, far more important than the bitcoin price alone. After all, the prcie of bitcoin is only a reflection of people's short term investment strategies, not how successful bitcoin is.

So thanks google for funding blockchain.info, although there is obviously a lot of profit that will be generated in return for google.

This is a growing trend imo, a lot more companies right now are considering to get their hands in at least a few blockchain based companies/bitcoin related businesses, as a result of the recent legalization and price hike. It'll make the bitcoin ecosystem a better place to do transactions in as google obviously has a lot of experience with managing a big business with lots of privacy issues, and companies can benefit from that.

I agree with you here, i think that google's experience will positively benefit blockchain.info's company, and since it's such a widely used wallet, bitcoin will be benefited as well in general.
xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:32:05 AM

I dont believed this, why would mighty google interest blockchain,info when they almost halfway in quantum computing
Project, its more advance in blockchain technology?

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:42:33 AM

but in the website you are sourcing, did not have any point(s) to prove Google is acquiring blockchain.info . plus since blockchain claimed that those bitcoin wallets are encrypted from revealing, the site, unless all the identifiers with bitcoin in revealed and taken out, i don't assume Google will acquire that.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 04:49:46 AM

I am not sure if this news true or not but in India, the investors are very optimistic about the future of the blockchain technology and a company named, Tata (Owner of Jaguar) is working on 100+ pilot projects based on the blockchain.

More Than 100 Blockchain Pilots Underway at Tata IT Consultancy.

Well, Google won't reveal even if they are secretly working on the blockchain untile they build a strong research and project infrastructure.
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:05:34 AM

Every corporate is much aware of the future and has started working on it. In the future the blockchain technology is gonna rule the entire network. The base is the current news, and as mentioned by one of the user several projects might be under development but has been kept secretly.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:12:20 AM

Every corporate is much aware of the future and has started working on it. In the future the blockchain technology is gonna rule the entire network. The base is the current news, and as mentioned by one of the user several projects might be under development but has been kept secretly.

News seems with the information Google and Richard branson invested on blockchain based wallet and blockchain corresponding business. Peter smith does not give the whole share and business to them. Please guys, don't like corporates rule out on bitcoin and its technology.
That will be bad for future. Already ETH rise seems big headache for bitcoin now.
I wish bitcoin will be always on top among any crypto currency.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:14:35 AM

Considering it was posted by a legendary member, I am bit surprised to see that op choose not to read the link, it clearly says Google investment arm and not Google, for a matter of fact this are two different entities and putting the title as Google only helped them sold the article, op should have read it in full. Though it's good Bitcoin us getting recognition, I hope it shows some positive results and Bitcoin price shoots up.
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:51:54 AM

blockchain will never be sold to company i guess. If I am the blockchain why would I sell it if profit double or triple or quadruple every year. Good thing is blockchain had a lot functions and not just bitcoin.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:56:06 AM

I really don't think that this is a particularly groundbreaking news, companies all want to gain their ground in the cryptocurrency scene and it is understandable that they want to do so - after all all of us here seem to think that bitcoin is the future.

I just didn't expect that it would be google, which is the #1 site on Alexa by far.
blockchain will never be sold to company i guess. If I am the blockchain why would I sell it if profit double or triple or quadruple every year. Good thing is blockchain had a lot functions and not just bitcoin.

I think you are confusing the blockchain and blockchain.info which is the company in question here.

Anegg

Activity: 469

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:59:40 AM

This is solid proof that cryptocurrency is going huge and mainstream. Google believes and everyone else should. Everyone is very optimistice about cryptocurrency especially since one of the top companies in the world bought it, this is a sign for the future.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:02:29 AM

It is a good one for blockchain.info as well as cryptoworld as it is obvious it is generating huge influence even in high places. Nevertheless, from the article, raising $40m from Google is different from selling the company to google as stated by the OP and no where in the article was it stated that it was bought but whichever way I know Google will apparently hold a share of the company (whether the largest or not, don't know) but still a good news for the company's expansion as stated.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:26:33 AM

I really don't think that this is a particularly groundbreaking news, companies all want to gain their ground in the cryptocurrency scene and it is understandable that they want to do so - after all all of us here seem to think that bitcoin is the future.

I just didn't expect that it would be google, which is the #1 site on Alexa by far.

I think you are confusing the blockchain and blockchain.info which is the company in question here.

Yup I agree that is is not a ground breaking news and it will not make bitcoin price skyrocket so much, but seeing something like this just prove how the eyes of many investors see what bitcoin is right now and I think this is a start in google to invest in a Blockchain wallet, maybe we can see is the future we can now buy games or applications by the use of bitcoin in the Playstore, or games can now settle a transaction over bitcoin if you are buying in game purchase we can really see how people minds switch when there is a big investor seeing bitcoin as one of their capital gains and I think that is a step ahead in opening doors in reaching the public that are clueless with bitcoin.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:28:27 AM

I still don't see how these investors will have profit? Blockchain.info only offers free services, and apart from placing some ads, I don't see how they will be generating any income, hopefully the the money will help them to make their wallet and API better because It's only getting worst over the years.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:52:25 AM

clearly the title is misleading, beacuse the blockchain in't a brand or anything, it's not something you can buy

they just invested in the project which is different and the investment look very poor, 40M isn't that much, i'm stillw aiting for serious investment from rich people in the range of billions at least
ViceOfBTC21

Activity: 438
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 09:45:02 AM

WRONG News!

Please be serious, read the article. Publishing fake news doesn't help BTC. An investment firm related to Google has invested in blockchain.info, but that company remains independent.

Blockchain, a bitcoin wallet start-up, has raised $40 million led by venture capital firm Lakestar, Google's investment arm GV, and billionaire Richard Branson, the company said on Thursday.

Exactly. Even in the link itself it is mentioned Blockchain raised $40 million. Google's investment wing GV has invested in Blockchain not bought it. Blockchain would use the funds to expand it's team, invest in research and development, and open offices in different countries. Hope they would use some part of this fund to fix the bugs  and make the wallet more user friendly.
For example their old wallet should just have good redesign of UI to look more modern and/or switching to HD. Old wallet look was better than new ugly one.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:27:11 AM

I think that it's not fake. Advertising on Google is a huge market. If Google will advertise goods on the blockchain and develop the online shop which will trade for bitcoins then it can bring huge profit. What surprises me is the size of the investment. It's just small change for Google.
TravelMug

Activity: 2576
Merit: 828

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:39:22 AM

Whether its fake news or not, If some big players like Google is taking notice of blockchain.info then it will bring positive news to bitcoin. However, we should all be cautious because if this became a reality, then Google will control it and we don't want a big company like Google controlling blockchain.info. And the amount raised is just to small IMHO.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:40:16 AM

The title is wrong it is just an investment not a buy . What is really amazing is a lot of people replying did not even bother to

check the link to the news or others posted and just blindly trust the title .  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: